• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Scene Leaked! All 3-D and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Are these false or real? They look fake-ish to me, but I'm not sure. The ones in the Pokemon Direct footage had an outline on them and it looks like Zebstrika is floating xP
tumblr_mhma73zIli1r7guhqo1_400.gif
tumblr_mhma73zIli1r7guhqo2_400.gif

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fake. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y use Cell Shaded 3D Art renderings, not computer generated ones like in those gifs. Other than that, the battle format is wrong as well.

Years
Xander's right, this image is fake.

The one in the video is what the battles will look like in-game.

Also, that's a Blitzle. Not Zebstrika.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
this actually could be an early beta. games don't always look the same in develepment as they do when they're released. and it even said in the trailer "game footage not final". where did you get this clip? it would probably be easier to tell if its real or fake by the source.

blue

gucci
Years
That's completely differt to what we've already seen in the recent trailer, thats just a buffed up version of the Black and White Battle Scene.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
this actually could be an early beta. games don't always look the same in develepment as they do when they're released. and it even said in the trailer "game footage not final". where did you get this clip? it would probably be easier to tell if its real or fake by the source.

That warning came up only for the parts with Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower and the parts with Xerneas and Yveltal if I recall. As for the actual battle footage, that is in-game beta footage. They wouldn't show us the in game play with cel shaded work and then switch to a full computer generated image.

Pikachu, Yveltal and Xerneas used different 3D technology than the rest of the game did and those parts weren't part of the game footage.

Snowdrop

Years

Found it on Tumblr. I also thought it was maybe rough animation but like the person above me says, it looks just like a souped-up, 3D version of Black and White battle animation.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
... Something about that Blitzle's model looks off. The head looks... flat. It's kinda creeping me out. D:

But yeah, we already know what the battles look like- all 3D, and much better than that. Thankfully.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
That warning came up only for the parts with Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower and the parts with Xerneas and Yveltal if I recall. As for the actual battle footage, that is in-game beta footage. They wouldn't show us the in game play with cel shaded work and then switch to a full computer generated image.

Pikachu, Yveltal and Xerneas used different 3D technology than the rest of the game did and those parts weren't part of the game footage.

it doesn't matter when it said "game footage not final" it's talking all the game footage. kind of like how car commercials where the car drives off a cliff will say "do not attempt" at the beginning of it and then goes away, its talking about the whole thing. but thats not really the point. they don't work on graphics first and the rest later, its all being worked on at the same time. i can't find the video at the moment but there's a video on the development of the first epic mickey game.
the mickey in it didn't look at all like the one in the real game, i don't think it even had eyes, the point of that video was to show the game mechanics so far. that said, if this is a gif from tumblr, its probably fake.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Klangs name appears to be missing a character, and it's also marked as female. Of course it's fake.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I identified this as a fake before the second frame even loaded. Based on what's been seen, that's a HORRIBLE fake.

Cyclone

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
I identified this as a fake before the second frame even loaded. Based on what's been seen, that's a HORRIBLE fake.

Cyclone

guys! really! stop saying thats the reason its fake! believe it or not, this REALLY IS how games look before being completed. making the graphics look nice are what they do last with the acception of enough footage to make a trailer.

alright, did a little more research via that nifty google search by image tool and i haven't found any video or even another picture to go with it. looks like its fake.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Years
^ To respond to your comment, I did find it on Tumblr but I don't know it's original source. It wasn't directly from Tumblr, someone just dug it up and posted it. That's what Tumblr does lol. The minute something is released count on it being posted and circulated around the site xD I'm not even sure if it's a prototype or fan-made but my opinion is that it's fan-made.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
guys! really! stop saying thats the reason its fake! believe it or not, this REALLY IS how games look before being completed. making the graphics look nice are what they do last with the acception of enough footage to make a trailer.

The most that would change is the quality. There is no reason to use a completely different graphics system in a beta, the whole purpose of a beta is to test things for release. The interface is that of Black & White 1, and there are multiple errors in the details of the Pokemon. It's a bad fake. Just like the CoroCoro scan going around yesterday.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Can't believe people think this is true when the Pokémon Direct video CLEARLY showed how the battles are going to be like...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
it doesn't matter when it said "game footage not final" it's talking all the game footage. kind of like how car commercials where the car drives off a cliff will say "do not attempt" at the beginning of it and then goes away, its talking about the whole thing. but thats not really the point. they don't work on graphics first and the rest later, its all being worked on at the same time. i can't find the video at the moment but there's a video on the development of the first epic mickey game.
the mickey in it didn't look at all like the one in the real game, i don't think it even had eyes, the point of that video was to show the game mechanics so far. that said, if this is a gif from tumblr, its probably fake.

alright, did a little more research via that nifty google search by image tool and i haven't found any video or even another picture to go with it. looks like its fake.

Believe it or not, no that is not how beta art is. I've assisted in making games before and have seen others make games before. Beta work is worse that what is posted. Those are fake because of many reasons, most notably they are in the wrong style.

Cell Shaded animations are not done with the same CGI animations that the posted ones in the original post are. The battle footage and footage of the player running around IS what the actual game play is going to look like.

The Beta for B/W and the final product for B/W were not that different in overall quality. Only difference between a lot of the beta work and finished product then was the finished had more images inserted to take up blank space. The Pokemon Center in Castellia was just a giant black building over a small red section. The finish version made the outside of the Pokemon Center seem much larger than the inside seemed.

The only parts that were not part of actual game footage were the parts I said as they used different CGI style than the game play footage which was why they were listed. What was posted was a Fan's attempt to create a 3D game using Pokemon as the grade is much lower that what we have been shown as official beta presentations.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Believe it or not, no that is not how beta art is. I've assisted in making games before and have seen others make games before. Beta work is worse that what is posted. Those are fake because of many reasons, most notably they are in the wrong style.

Cell Shaded animations are not done with the same CGI animations that the posted ones in the original post are. The battle footage and footage of the player running around IS what the actual game play is going to look like.

The Beta for B/W and the final product for B/W were not that different in overall quality. Only difference between a lot of the beta work and finished product then was the finished had more images inserted to take up blank space. The Pokemon Center in Castellia was just a giant black building over a small red section. The finish version made the outside of the Pokemon Center seem much larger than the inside seemed.

The only parts that were not part of actual game footage were the parts I said as they used different CGI style than the game play footage which was why they were listed. What was posted was a Fan's attempt to create a 3D game using Pokemon as the grade is much lower that what we have been shown as official beta presentations.
first off, just let me say that 3D models are a whole different ball game then sprites.
i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif. and the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little. even if your trying to argue that it was only referring to the part its in, it shows it right as the 3DS is shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back