• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I've been at work all weekend, which is every weekend. I barely got enough time to read the first post & ALL the posts here. I had time today, though I got caught up with reading four pages here...& playing Fire Emblem Awakening...& listening to Crossing Field over & over again. Now that I'm caught up here, I'm gonna get started with my SU, as I have not even begun the process. Forgive me.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Finally done!

Real Life Name: Rikuto Yuuto Sato
In-game name: Ryuusa

Appearance:
ykEZhbz.png

Personality: Rikuto is very diligent and is able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time. He is also very cautious, hence the reason he chooses to battle from behind his shield. Very rarely does he do anything without thinking hard about it beforehand.

When it comes to other people, he tries to be friendly to those he thinks aren't trouble. He has a soft spot for very young children, especially girls due to his fixation on getting back to his daughter. Rikuto is willing to go to hell and back to reunite with his family, but he understands clearly that getting himself killed won't help anything. Thus, while he is not adverse to facing danger, he will not do so without the proper preparation. He will not cut corners concerning this preparation, and will work as long as it takes to ensure it is complete.

Rikuto has picked up a knack for monetary matters thanks to his time with the company, and he uses this to run his shop in the town of beginnings. He hopes to someday expand to other towns and maybe even other floors once they a have become accessible. This is one of his two primary sources of profit, and he believes that getting good equipment is just as necessary as gaining experience.

History: Rikuto grew up believing that happiness in life lay in stability. His dream was to work for a company, have a home, a wife, and two children. Riku, as he was referred to in his youth, met his wife Mizuki during university, where they fell in love and married soon after graduating. Right out of graduation, he also managed to get hired for a well known telecommunications company he'd shown interest in. By age 23 he had a newborn daughter (who had been named Yumi), a loving wife, and a stable job as a salaryman. Unfortunately, he soon found out that was by no means an ideal life. Rikuto worked long hours for low prestige and average pay. He constantly found himself doing everything he was told to by the higher-ups in the desperate struggle for a promotion. In the end, he was left with only one day a week and a few hours a night as time for both himself and his family. He started to hate his job, but he knew that it would be difficult to get another one that would be able to support his family as well as this one, and he had already devoted too much time and effort to pleasing his bosses, kept going by the hope that the next promotion was close at hand. He felt that this was damaging his relationship with Mizuki as well.

Nostalgic for his younger days, Rikuto once again took up a hobby he had dropped upon entering the workforce; video games. He discovered he had yet another time he was able to have to himself; his time on the train to and from work. What amounted to about 40 minutes of gaming a day on a handheld was something he was convinced helped keep him sane. One day that promotion finally came and with it came even more stress, but that was made bearable by his increase in pay. With it, he was able to save up enough to get himself a little piece of luxury without harming his savings; the NerveGear virtual reality console and the hit MMO Sword Art Online. He adored RPGs and was an avid fan of MMOs in his younger years, so it was only natural for him to be drawn to SAO. He planned to only play it on his day off, maybe for an hour or so as to not cut into spending time with his wife.

When Rikuto began the game for the first time, he was enthralled by the vast world before him. Better yet, he could be whoever he wanted there. He no longer needed to be Mr.Sato the salaryman. After an hour of learning the basics then farming money from enemies he finally had enough to buy a simple spear and shield, and he was ready to log out. Strangely, though, there was no function to do so. Soon came the announcement from Kayaba Akihiko, and with it came a curtain of despair over the young salaryman. He could care less about his job, but the thought of what his absence from both work and home would do to Mizuki and Yumi devastated him. Rikuto spent the majority of the first month in a state of depression, sulking in the town of beginnings for the most part. Once he truly realized, however, that there was no way out unless they beat the game, he began training obsessively. He also managed a shop (which became successful thanks to his business sense), using his profits from that and monster hunting to get more advanced equipment. Owning a large kite shield and a partisan, Rikuto now devotes his all to clearing the game and reuniting with his wife and daughter.

Skills:
- One handed assault spear
- Battle healing
- Detection
- Forging

Sword arts:
Lightning thrust: The user's polearm glows yellow as they pull it back. After holding it in that position for three seconds, the user thrusts it forward. This attack ignores any guarding, armor, or destroyable objects but only affects the area directly in front of the weapon's tip.

Thunder burst: The user's weapon glows white as they hold it straight up in the air. They then slam it into the ground directly downward, creating a surrounding shockwave that has a force and radius directly proportionate to the amount of time the user held the weapon in the air (The radius increases one foot per second held). Those hit by the wave are thrown back and damaged. The user is stunned for half the amount of time they were lifting the weapon.

Level: 6

Note: Rikuto's store is currently a general item store for the most part, but it has recently begun to include weapons as his forging skill has improved.

Link Start

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
If we have a one handed weapon skill can we have another one handed weapon skill? I'm a bit confused on the whole skill thing >_<

You can only have one weapon skill, so if you choose for a One Handed Straight Sword and want to start fighting with a… batlle axe for example, then you have to remove your One Handed Straight Sword Skill and replace it with the battle axe skill. You can't have two One Handed weapon skills at once because that would be dual blade which is an unique skill.

I hope I explained it well~

This is the same for everyone, you can have more weapon skills… but you can only equip one at a time.
So when you decide to take another weapon skill, you put (not in use) behind the one you're not using so that it's obvious for the GM's and other players.

I suppose once per fight, since I don't imagine she'd even use it any more often than that.

I will read everyone's posts so I hope you can promise me this. Also, this means that your next sword art has to be less powerful to keep it fair… because I still think it's a little over-powered.

Just a matter of fairness. In saying that though, I suppose we aren't all entirely against each other (except for the PKers). Though, if we ever were to battle eachother, we'd have to take all things into consideration.

I agree with this. It should be fair for all players so that there are no huge differences in power when they battle against each other. (unless one of them is level 21 and the other one level 45 or something <-- example)

...Is the title of this RP by any chance a reference to Utada Hikaru's Sanctuary? (aka the theme song to Kingdom Hearts 2)

You… just why… WHY?!

…… I guess >.>

Geras32- It looks great :3 I will ask SD for his opinion though~

Everyone- If there are people willing to bring their levels down a little, i'd appreciate that :3 You don't have bring the levels down when the characters have a good reason for being level 14/15 ^^

I'm stuck in my decision if I'll be a beater or a player so… when i've decided you'll see the level drop down a bit or not… but that's only when I decide being a beater

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
so, i asked this before but i don't think it was answered

but is there a level cap for each floor? for instance, is level 1's level 15?

Sapphire Rose

Years
so, i asked this before but i don't think it was answered

but is there a level cap for each floor? for instance, is level 1's level 15?

I'm sorry, I probably forgot to answer it.

No there is no level cap, If I had said "choose a level" then i'm sure there would've been a lot of players who would've choosen around 15 to 20.

The higher your level is, the less experience points you will get though. So someone with level 5 will level up faster on the first floor compared to someone with level 15.

So on this point a lot of players will need to do some effort to reach the next level.

There IS a recommended level, however.
Floor 1's recommended level is 1
Floor 2's recommended level will be 15 (this is just an example)

Maybe I should add this to the "floors" section…

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Well, I guess me being a PK'er is a good justification on my level. I killed six of my guild mates already, so yeah.

Question: I know I'm accepted, but could I make a tiny little change to my SU? PArticularly in the Sword Arts? I'm not kind of contented in mine. But, it's cool if its not. LOL.

Khawill

<3
Years
Well there could be a point where the monsters are too low to give XP (Like in WoW, a zone becomes useless when you or 5 or so levels higher than the enemy) effectively making a level cap. (Like the highest monster, not boss, on floor 1 could be lvl 12, which is standard as far as I can tell for zone 1s in MMOs)

quests have no such restriction

Sapphire Rose

Years
Well, I guess me being a PK'er is a good justification on my level. I killed six of my guild mates already, so yeah.

Question: I know I'm accepted, but could I make a tiny little change to my SU? PArticularly in the Sword Arts? I'm not kind of contented in mine. But, it's cool if its not. LOL.

As long as they don't turn into over-powered Sword Arts SD and I are fine with it :3 But we will check it after you are done changing it, just in case.

Khawill- Yeah you're right :3 but in this RP they will give only a little bit of XP.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Spoiler:
It has been revised already, you know. ._.

Last edited:

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
I hate to sound like I'm nagging, but when do you guys plan to release the in character thread?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I feel like you're countering me o.O
xD

I'm gonna head to bed. \o
I don't know how I'm countering you. I just chose the skills that suited me.

I think I will we'll release it tomorrow :3
& you don't consult me? I thought we were partners!

I'm done with my SU now.

I've been at work all weekend, which is every weekend. I barely got enough time to read the first post & ALL the posts here. I had time today, though I got caught up with reading four pages here...& playing Fire Emblem Awakening...& listening to Crossing Field over & over again. Now that I'm caught up here, I'm gonna get started with my SU, as I have not even begun the process. Forgive me.

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Geras32 is accepted
WolfOfEve is accepted

ShinyDiamond-
that's why I said "think"! ^^;; I was about to consult you~ sorry dear c: i'll add your SU to the list in a few and finish my own.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Interesting that Robin both looks like the source character in real life and has the in-game name of said character. Makes me wonder if he would have looked any different even if Kayaba hadn't pulled the mirror trick.

Also, do Kirito and Asuna exist? Or at the very least, does Asuna? I only ask because of your (Saph's) character's basis off of Asuna.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Interesting that Robin both looks like the source character in real life and has the in-game name of said character. Makes me wonder if he would have looked any different even if Kayaba hadn't pulled the mirror trick.

Also, do Kirito and Asuna exist? Or at the very least, does Asuna? I only ask because of your (Saph's) character's basis off of Asuna.

I'll discuss with SD if they exist, I didn't really thought of that one.

My character's basis off of Asuna? Could you explain why you think that please? c: since my SU isn't even finished yet xD

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'll be back here, sipping tea with disinterest. (See: Awesome new signature)

Though in reality, I'm quite excited for this. Shiren should prove to make quite an interesting character, for those who interact with her.

Personally I think it'd be better if the canonical characters were excluded, with the exception of Kayaba of course.

I hadn't actually put PvP into consideration, so now I'm starting to see where everyone was getting at.

I'll save that skill for later, I've given Shiren Bowed Lunge in its place.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'll discuss with SD if they exist, I didn't really thought of that one.

My character's basis off of Asuna? Could you explain why you think that please? c: since my SU isn't even finished yet xD
Ah, I didn't notice that you changed the picture.

...Having said that, I see that Robin will be a cradlerobber, now. Huehuehue

Back