• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with creating a new field move style HM?

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
I am trying to create a move that does the opposite of flash. In my game, there are a few places where the room is too bright to see anything, and you have to use the HM to dim things. Simply, it is the opposite of flash. Instead of lighting the room up, it dims it down. How would I go about to create this effect?

Thanks

AllGamesDude(DeviantArt)

theRandomClipGuy123(Youtube)

PokemonCosmos(Essentials Wikia)

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Exactly the same as Flash and Defog.

From the wiki:
Defog works just like Flash, except it modifies a map's fog rather than a special darkness sprite. By default, set foggy maps to have a fog upon entering them. When you use Defog, change the fog's opacity to 0 and then get rid of it (i.e. clear all the fog-related properties for that map). When deciding on what in-battle weather to have, check whether the player is in a listed map and there is a fog for that map - by listing these maps specially, you can have fogs on other maps that don't count as actual fog, e.g. showing sunshine rays, foliage shadows. Look at the defs "command_204" and "command_206" in the script section Interpreter for how fogs are set and their opacities changed, and use similar scripts to handle what Defog actually does.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Thanks for replying Winter Kirby. But how would I go about to define it as an HM? Would I simply copy Flash's code, and make all of the values the opposite? Could you guide me through the process?

Back