• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
While I've seen above about the stat boost, have they been explicitly announced (as in, do we know how much they are increasing?) If so, I wonder how many 2HKOs Tough Claws and that attack stat boost will turn things.

Man, another set of arms. Must be nice.

Nah, it just said on the site that he gets a speed boost, as well as boosts to all the other stats. Still 700 bst is going to be pretty strong, especially with tough claws meteor mash.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Speaking of Megas, what are everyone's opinions on Mega Heracross?

Mine:
That thing has 185 Attack, which is slightly higher than Attack Deoxys' Attack. It's so strong it scares me when something goes down to Pin Missile, Close Combat or a coverage move. It also has enough bulk to take hits when needed (80/115/105).

Of course, they balanced out Megacross' insane power by cutting its Speed down to 75 upon Mega Evolution. It's not exactly fast, but it's enough to outrun the walls it's supposed to break through. It's also extremely vulnerable to Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, since they have super effective priority; the latter can also simply smack it with Return.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've never used Mega Heracross before, and I've hardly ever had to battle against them, but that base 185 Attack with Skill Link just screams wall breaker. Though the sheer power of Mega Mawile is scary too. What keeps Mega Heracross from being ridiculous is the Speed drop and the fact that it has some common weaknesses: Flying, Psychic, Fire, Fairy. It has some decent resistances, but idk if that's enough.

It's certainly not something you'd wanna switch into though.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Did Smogon change the ladder system? A new account gets like 20 points each win, must be a pretty serious grind into the top 10. It used to be different if I recall correctly, just won eight matches in a row and barely cracked 1200.

Smogon plz.

Years
Did Smogon change the ladder system? A new account gets like 20 points each win, must be a pretty serious grind into the top 10. It used to be different if I recall correctly, just won eight matches in a row and barely cracked 1200.

Smogon plz.

Hey poke, and yeah, I think its changed. I'm at around 1650 after 35 games with only 3 losses so it is a bit of a climb.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I gained like 29 points a couple of times, but it's always mostly ~20 points.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Just a bit annoying, the previous system allowed you to go ham and after winning 20-25 games without a loss you could start playing people in the top 100. Now you're stuck grinding against Magmortar users until you get there. I can see what they're trying to do but it's silly.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know what's getting suspect tested in Ubers? Apparently something is getting supsected, because when I was selecting the battle format, it said "Ubers (supsect test)".

Anti

return of the king
Years
yeah gengarite is getting suspected because, well, "is trapping anti-competitive?"

i don't know much about the test besides it being a competitiveness thing as opposed to an op thing (like aeg), but i suspect that it's highly controversial given ubers being the traditional "nothing is banned" tier

real ubers players can give you a better summary

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, ok. I'm a little surprised they're suspecting that, because, like you said, Ubers is sorta the "no ban tier because this is all banned stuff to begin with".

Years
mega hera is godtier for breaking stall, struggles with aegi tho

speaking of aegi its gone iirc, though it was hilariously close. imo, it shoulda stayed.

if u want mega hera team, use something like this:

lead sticky web shuckle, manly as ♥♥♥♥ o__o
lo mamopig *,,*
azu w/ drum n sitrus
bisharp ofc for defog punishment.
thundu. ♥♥♥♥ing godly.
mega hera, sd is probs nice here o_o tho eq isnt bad either. go jolly to beat greninja

EDIT: AEGISLASH IS GONE .rip .bantheOUcouncil o_o

now is the time to use this team.

Last edited:
Years
Forum wars are awesome! We got challenged to a server war a couple times but I think me and elf were the only people online who wanted to battle. I think there's supposed to be one in progress with Ingosmex's site but Ingo said he's pretty busy, that and there's not yet a ton of replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
I recently restarted Emerald and got to Victory Road where I ran into a trainer with Mawile, and briefly panicked. Thanks, XY OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back