• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

For now, let's work on the concepts we already have, instead of giving more and more ideas. I think we should get at least 1/3 of the concepts we have now sprited before we add more ideas. Thanks!
vdz7g9.png

Hello, and welcome to Project: Communitydex! I'm sure many of you are aware that the Pixel Art section is really inactive. Hopefully, this community project will help reboot the activity here. As hinted in the name, the Communitydex is a project in which you, the members of PokéCommunity, come together, and give ideas, and eventually create, various fake Pokémon sprites to make a fake Pokédex, consisting of work by us, for us.

Don't be worried if you don't think your skills are up to scratch, if you have a concept for a Pokémon you would like to bring forward, then please do so! Hopefully then, one of the more skilled pixellers will take up your ideas and work on it.

No ideas are "stupid" (well, within reason, at least), but if some seem impractical or too similar to pre-existing Pokémon, for example, then please feel free to contribute to the ideas given. Others will be allowed to tweak sprites made by members, but please make sure you try to stick to the original design as much as possible.

We aren't going to follow any 'rules,' per se, however if you feel we need to keep the tradition of, for example, a 3-stage bug evolutionary line, then feel free to contribute. However, it would be logical to stick to having starter Pokémon and region legendaries, though I'm not totally sure about the latter idea, anyway.

I suppose this is enough for the introduction, onto the Pokédex so far...

The Pokédex:

Spoiler:

Some basic ideas for Pokémon:
Spoiler:
- Courtesy of Chesu

Want to propose an idea with a sprite? Just post!
If possible, please include the following information:
Code:
[PLAIN][b]Name:[/b] [Self-explanatory]
[B]Etymology:[/B] [Where the name comes from]
[B]Species:[/B] [What the Pokémon is based on]
[B]Class:[/B] [i.e The Rodent Pokémon]
[b]Type/s:[/b] [Self-explanatory. Remember, two is the maximum]
[b]Pokédex Entry:[/b] [About two sentences about the Pokémon]
[b]Ability/ies:[/b] [Self-explanatory. Maximum of two abilities]
[B]Description:[/B] [If the Pokémon doesn't yet have a sprite, include a detailed description of it's appearance.][/PLAIN]
28tdueb.png

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239775"][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/28tdueb.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]
vdz7g9.png

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239775"][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/vdz7g9.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]
Feel free to add one of the above codes (or both!) in your signature to get more people involved in our project!

Approved by Logiedan. This is allowed in the Pixel Art Section of the Forums

Last edited:
Years
Just in case no one or very little people will read it, i'm allowing, just this project, in the Pixel Art Section. I'd like to see how it goes in activity, if anything goes wrong then it will be moved to the correct forum.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Here are some submissions:

10p82te.png

Oroundge - Grass

2n9jlgm.png

Pandolfin - Water

23u9zco.png

Birdove - Normal/Flying

Evolves into:
2rejpqx.png

Goosdove - Normal/Flying

2h4e3nk.png

Visneak - Poison

Evolves into:
1zwkrwl.png

Vistache - Poison/Dark

Also, since this is in the PA main section, I trust that in this same thread feedback is written...?

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Hmmm...
Just to get this started, how about:
Name: Jp: 球ドル Tamadoru En: Chanpuff
Type/s: Um... Probably part normal, maybe water too?
Pokédex entry:
Jp:
球ドル、それは女性で、特に非常に大規模なファンベースを持っていますからサンプルにヌードルバーを探して、町を歩きまわる。
Tamadoru walks around towns, looking for noodle bars to sample from, It has a very large fan base, especially with females.
En:
Chanpuff's favourite food is noodles, it will often scour towns for new noodle bars to try.
It has an extremely large fanbase, mostly females, due to it's cuteness.
Abilities: Guts, Cuteness (foe is infatuated for the first turn). Dream world: Super Luck

Tamadoru means sphere [noo]dle
I imagine it as a kind of sphere with arms and legs, that's cute and holds a bowl of noodles.
I suspect it would learn boiling water at some point :p.

EDIT:
I made a semi good chanpuff sprite, needs improvement *hint*
29cw7zq.png

Last edited:
Years
I've added the description to the first post, but I think the design as it is for now is slightly plain. Perhaps we could make the bowl part of it's body? Perhaps it rests on it's head? Also, I think pink is a slightly overdone colour for puffballs (Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Ditto [to an extent]). Perhaps red? Also, I think a pattern of some sort would be nice. Maybe blue spots or something?

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I rox sux at scratching, so don't expect many sprites to come from me. However, expect lots of awesome ideas from me.

What about a season-changing pokemon based on an snake? Forms for the sprites coming soon.

Spring form: It would be mostly green, with a pink bud on its tail. It would have pink spots on its body. This form would be Grass Type.

Summer form: It would be mostly yellow, with a red sunflower-like flowerhead on its tail. It would have red spots on its body. This form would be Fire Type.

Autumn form: It would be mostly brown, with a brown autumn leaf on its tail. It would have dull yellow spots on its body. This form would be Ground Type.

Winter form: It would be mostly white, with a snowball on its tail. It would have black spots on its body. This form would be Ice Type.

And the name could be Snakeason? /failname

~Wind~

Detective
Years
hmmm...
Good ideas, i'll improve it a bit.
maybe it could have Tama(sphere) Written on it?

msfan645

Back from Inactivity
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Does it have to be a certain size?
example: 64x64

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Oops, mine are 80x80.
Anyway, I made a few edits, and there are now four versions,
Pick which one you like.
kcjjav.png

The mark on its chest is Tama () meaning sphere, and is the first part of it's jp name.
It does need editing/respriting by a better spriter though.
It's shiny would be pink with a green bowl, and if it had a B/W animation, it would simply bob, and occasionally either pick up and/or drink from it's bowl.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Well, I guess I could submit some of my ideas to the project... Unfortunately, my imagination is faster than my spriting, and I'm never satisfied with what I make, so ideas keep piling up. Do you mind if I don't use the preset form? For a lot of them, all I have are basic ideas; as it's a community project, whoever picks them up can decide the PokeDex entry and such. For some of them, I have quickly-doodled concept art or half-finished sprites.

potripusc.png

Name: Potripus
Type: Water
Description: A small octopus hiding in a takotsubo (Japanese octopus-catching pot) with a few arms protruding from the pot's mouth, and an eye looking out through a cracked hole.

kroctopusc.png

Name: Kroctopus
Type: Water/Fighting
Description: A large octopus with small pots on the ends of its arms, which serve as fists or boxing gloves.

grubino.png

Name: Grubino
Type: Bug
Description: A cute, chubby 'lil grub.

Name: Pupant
Type: Bug
Description: A glassy, greenish-white ant pupae.

Name: Waspain
Type: Bug/Flying(male), Bug/Poison(female)
Description: A large Black Wasp (google it).

Name: Wimpike
Description: A droopy, pathetic-looking pike.

Name: Tiamoor
Type: Water/Dragon
Description: An elegant, serpentine dragon with several wispy fins trailing from its tail.

Name: Undecided
Type: Rock/Grass
Description: A rock with a bit of lichen on it. Both the rock and lichen portions have faces. You can decide on any limbs it has yourself.

Type: Rock/Grass
Description: A lichen-covered boulder, with the stone portions only visible in select areas. Only one face.

Type: Grass/Flying
Description: A colorful, flowery hummingbird (fossil).

Name: Kilnary
Type: Flying/Fire
Description: A small fiery bird.

Name: Furnary
Type: Flying/Fire
Description: A large fiery bird.

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Name: Wimpike
Description: A droopy, pathetic-looking pike.

Name: Tiamoor
Type: Water/Dragon
Description: An elegant, serpentine dragon with several wispy fins trailing from its tail.
You just had to make a Magikarp of the region, didn't you, Chesu?

My ideas again.
~~Snakeason~~
Type: Depends on the season.
Abilities: Intimidate/ Arena Trap
Dream World: Not found in Dream World.
Snakeason changes types when the seasons change. It is a hostile Pokemon, and it lives in rainforests.

Appearance
Spring form: It would be mostly green, with a pink bud on its tail. It would have pink spots on its body. This form would be Grass Type.

Summer form: It would be mostly yellow, with a red sunflower-like flowerhead on its tail. It would have red spots on its body. This form would be Fire Type.

Autumn form: It would be mostly brown, with a brown autumn leaf on its tail. It would have dull yellow spots on its body. This form would be Ground Type.

Winter form: It would be mostly white, with a snowball on its tail. It would have black spots on its body. This form would be Ice Type.

Years
Type: Grass/Flying
Description: A colorful, flowery hummingbird (fossil).
I tried to do something with this idea.

5tvs7p.png

I call it Kolibloom (from kolibri which means hummingbird in several languages), though I admit it's rather large looking for such a small variety of bird. I suppose it could be the evolved form. And I'm not quite sure how it could be a fossil (since fossils are always part rock) so I didn't try to incorporate that aspect. Anyway, if anyone's got ideas for ways to improve it they'd be welcome.

Years
Well, I guess I could submit some of my ideas to the project... Unfortunately, my imagination is faster than my spriting, and I'm never satisfied with what I make, so ideas keep piling up. Do you mind if I don't use the preset form? For a lot of them, all I have are basic ideas; as it's a community project, whoever picks them up can decide the PokeDex entry and such. For some of them, I have quickly-doodled concept art or half-finished sprites.
All added! :3

~~Snakeason~~
Type: Depends on the season.
Abilities: Intimidate/ Arena Trap
Dream World: Not found in Dream World.
Snakeason changes types when the seasons change. It is a hostile Pokemon, and it lives in rainforests.

Appearance

Added!

5tvs7p.png

I call it Kolibloom (from kolibri which means hummingbird in several languages), though I admit it's rather large looking for such a small variety of bird. I suppose it could be the evolved form. And I'm not quite sure how it could be a fossil (since fossils are always part rock) so I didn't try to incorporate that aspect. Anyway, if anyone's got ideas for ways to improve it they'd be welcome.
Added!

Oops, mine are 80x80.
Anyway, I made a few edits, and there are now four versions,
Pick which one you like.
kcjjav.png

The mark on its chest is Tama () meaning sphere, and is the first part of it's jp name.
It does need editing/respriting by a better spriter though.
It's shiny would be pink with a green bowl, and if it had a B/W animation, it would simply bob, and occasionally either pick up and/or drink from it's bowl.
I tried to redo it slightly:
2myrfhs.png

What do you think?

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I like it, I also made edits to my ones to give them better outlines and they look much better.
Current versions:
Chanpuff, pose 2:
29pu5xy.png

Chanpuff, pose 4:
2saf1vn.png

Chanpuff, Spherical Ice:
abqlp2.png

I'm working on shineys, and am finishing off a cry.

EDIT:
Look what I made! :P
Animation
View attachment 58318
Cry
View attachment 58319

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years

5tvs7p.png

Neat! :D

Yeah, it is kind of big, so it would be best as an evolution. Regarding fossils being rock-type, well, not only hard-bodied creatures are fossilized. All of the fossil Pokemon we've seen so far are Rock-type, so either they're all originally that type (in which case we're overdue for a deviation) or the reanimation process is imperfect, leaving rock aspects of their fossilized forms intact... in which case we need better technology. In either case, I think it's about time for some non-Rock fossil Pokemon. :D

Years
OH , how about a grass/dragon typed 3 staged T.Rex that can have native american style headwear ( kind of like feathers but how about leaves instead) I already made a base.
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back