• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

I guess it's like Zerin says. The ratings are mostly to warn the readers/players about the content but of course there's no way to make sure that 10 year olds don't read M rated roleplays. Ratings don't forbid you to enter a roleplay here, but they make sure that you know what you're getting yourself into. And they are a way for the GM to make sure that the RP doesn't get a theme that they wouldn't want it to get.

I have set the rating as K+ for some of my RPs and that works fine, but most people seem to prefer the T rating since they don't have to think much about how much violence is allowed then. Difference between M and T should pretty much be how much descriptive violence and references to things like alcohol and drugs there may be. "Romance" past the T rating shouldn't really exist on a pokémon forum, in my opinion ._. By romance, I guess I mean adult themes.
Nice to see I was right on the bull's eye with that one. As for TRON, my reasoning for it is a bit different. Since users in the Grid (As Kevin Flynn shows in the movie) will actually bleed when cut, I felt it could be necessary to have a higher rating, so that people are allowed to be descriptive. Programs simply "derezz" when hit, so less issues there. As for sexual themes, I think the only thing happening there is possible romance. Of course, don't expect anything serious. I think the only "Alcohol and Drugs" reference would be the cyber-alcohol Castor drinks in TRON: Legacy. So honestly, I might have been able to put it as T rating, but I wanted more open possibilities.

If you feel the need to have someone help explaining, I might be able to. I've seen both movies and I did plan a TRON RP some ways back but never posted it. It's a cool world.
It would be a great thing if you could explain/summarize it to players. pokepokemo signed up but he doesn't know much of anything TRON. I've seen both TRON movies too (I almost cried from the over-powering extraordinary effects on Legacy), but I can't find a way to explain the grid and it's entirety without taking an hour of text to do so.

~

By the way...

Have you ever seen or made an UNRATED or M+ Roleplay? If so, what was it?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Have you ever seen or made an UNRATED or M+ Roleplay? If so, what was it?

I made an M-rated RP for a crossover between Pokémon and Shin Megami Tensei (which needs players), and Pokémon Fallout is rated M. The violence/dying aspect is similar between the two, but mine more so emphasizes a "sense of responsibility" thing. Never seen an M+, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, there are several RPs here that are rated M.

As for M+ or even Unrated, there are no such RPs here because it simply wouldn't be tasteful on a pokémon forum like this. I have never made or participated in an RP like that and I don't think I'll ever feel the need to either.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Curiosity is allowed :]
You have read the rules, right?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254251

Sure, many people here use ratings that aren't listed in the rules, but as long as you can get a gist of what they mean still, it shouldn't be a problem so it seems to be allowed to use other kinds of ratings. What you are referring to now, M+/Unrated, would probably pass as MA though. And yes, there is a rule against that here.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Makes sense to me, pokemon is a franchise strongly aimed at children after all. I tend to rate RP's based on the potential of their content. I know if there's a chance there could be some M rated stuff in there, even just a bit of it, I rate it M.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lincoln West: The problem with that is that the RPers are the ones making the content and could introduce mature concepts at any time. This means any RP has unlimited potential for adult content.

Rather, ratings are more properly defined as what the GM has decided to allow in their RP. For instance, PTA is T rated and so if anyone gets seriously hurt or anything graphic happens in regards to violence I start having to enforce the rules. However my other RP, Pokemon Fallout, is rated M and there's basicly no limit on what violent things you can do so long as they aren't terribly graphic.

Of course violent maturity and smut are two different things. Smut is not allowed in either RP to any degree. (Smut is the term for offensive romance, basically)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Ditto.

Anyways, it didn't hurt to ask. Even though this is a Pokemon themed site, we do have plenty of RPs here that don't follow said theme.

Do you prefer Pokemon RPs, Game or Show RPs, or RPs with complete originality in story and theme?

EDIT:

Heh... Heh... Sorry Marin. :|

Little known fact: Upon Kiyoko's arrival in PTA, he did suffer a bit of a head wound, which I had described a bit too graphically.

Guess it's because I have a lot of experience in that area. :| *is constantly hitting head, gone to ER twice, had a total of 14 stitches from both instances put together* *also hits head pretty bad regularly, but hates hospitals and avoids them entirely*

Hm... Wonder why I have brain damage...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Zerin: I generally prefer pokemon / other game themes RPs. I started original. And at this point creativity just does nothing for me in terms of enjoying an RP or not. l3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Another, slightly more embarrassing fact about me:

I once blacked out after hitting my head on a fast moving ceiling fan. It bled :/

Funny thing is, I was more worried about getting blood on the couch than I was about my own safety. I work strangely that way.

To answer my own question... It really all depends in my interest.

Pokemon RP: Believe it or not, I hate leveling and move-limited RPs. I like RPing in the most realistic way possible. However, on PTA, Marin gave me the exception to those rules, so I can freely control Kiyoko. Obviously I'm not going to turn God-mode on him though. In fact, he's really just a little wimp. He has great potential, but right now he's really just a scrawny thing.

Game or Show (or Book) RP: MaxRide. I know people here were taken aback by the fact that I'd made such a strong character, and everyone fears I might OP. To me, it's a matter of trust between myself and GM/Other players. Which, they trust me completely, and I won't give any reason against that. What good are super-strong powers when you can barely ever even use them? On top of that, backfires. She suffers from attack backfiring almost every time she tries. I'm being very careful about not making her seem better than everyone else. In fact, I find her actually worse, which I like. Hopelessly destructive.

Original RP: Haven't been in one on here, yet. It does intrigue me though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Do you prefer Pokemon RPs, Game or Show RPs, or RPs with complete originality in story and theme?

I love pokémon RPs, so I'm glad I came into touch with RPing on PC first. I don't really like playing as a pokémon much though, but that might just be a phase I'm going through now. It's just such a thankful franchise to make different stories, settings and RPs from. Easy to customize.

Other than pokémon, the world/franchise of an RP can totally lure me to sign up or get me to not want to sign up at all, but if it is a franchise I like, there are other things that affect if I like the RP or not. Like the effort of the GM.

Original RPs can be loads of fun; again, if the GM makes a real effort to create and breathe life into the setting and story.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Woot, I'm back from my 1 day-holiday. And what do I see? THIS THREAD EXPLODED.

Anyways, on-topic!

Hmm, I'll be honest, doesn't really matter to me. If the story seems appealing to me, I'll join it, otherwise, no. Seriously doesn't matter to me lol.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I don't really know which I prefer per say. I just join RPs that seem to catch my eye and if they do I somehow have to find a way to fix it into my schedule.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hmmmm... I got one for you all.

What's the worst fight/debate you've had on PC related to an RP, if any?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
What's the worst fight/debate you've had on PC related to an RP, if any?

Well, I hated when no one waited for me to post. Actually, I freakly get angry when someone ninja's me. I always rant that no one waits for me to post, & they just go ahead & post without me. It's like my biggest pet peeve. Hope this is a good answer.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Any disagreements or arguments I've had, I'd rather forget than discuss with people here who have nothing to do with it :3

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
It was just a thought.

What RP themes seem to be most common on PC? Excluding Pokemon, obviously.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Um... how about a real topic?

Okay, since it's Easter, how about a silly, Easter themed topic? And if you got anything special for Easter, I would not mind you sharing it, just for one day. :)

What would be your ideas on an Easter themed roleplay?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Oh hey, I just realized something Easter-y about one of my RP characters!

So, on Earth and Sky, Kiba had been carrying around an egg, and when it finally hatched, the hatchling was a reincarnation of a pokemon that had previously died!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back