• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I played Tales of Symphonia the other day. xD; It wasn't much, just beating up Mithos (even though he's my favorite character *sob*).

But honestly, I think you're the only person I know who has played the game (and has it?) and doesn't bother finishing it. Everyone else I know is all 'VESPERIA! :DDD <3333 I LOVE YOU'

Least one of my friends are like that.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Are you not a fan of Vesperia? Nothing against the game, I just have a habit of not finishing games. Phantasia, Abyss, Legendia, and Symphonia are the only ones I've actually finished. :D

I haven't played Symphonia in about 4 years. I went through it about 3 times, so I pretty much did everything there is to do, lol. I'll probably just start a new game of Eternia soon.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
Years
Nyyyyyaa~ I waaaaannna joooin!

Asking the question from up above~

Symphonia
Kirilia (The person who posed as Dorr's daughter, her)
and Kvar A rock

Abyss
Mohs please~

Knight of Ratatosk
Hawkie..
Marta's dad.
I only like Richter because he's a half-elf really.

Those are the only games I've played sadly...[/B]

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
Years
Whooooo~

Richter is pretty cool, and he isn't the wost villain out there. He has more of a reason to be the anti-hero than some other main bosses. Van. He's also a half-elf~[/i. /bias

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Are you not a fan of Vesperia? Nothing against the game, I just have a habit of not finishing games. Phantasia, Abyss, Legendia, and Symphonia are the only ones I've actually finished. :D

I haven't played Symphonia in about 4 years. I went through it about 3 times, so I pretty much did everything there is to do, lol. I'll probably just start a new game of Eternia soon.

I played a bit of it, and I didn't really see what's so great. Maybe I just didn't get far enough or something? IDK. XD;

Really? So you mean you finished the collector's book, all titles, etc etc? :o

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Well, I found Vesperia pretty average as well. Everything was solid for the most part, but nothing stood out for me. :/

Mostly everything...lol. I've never been one to bother with tedious sidequests.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think I've said this before: but the main reason Vesperia is my favorite Tales of game was because I love the game play, and the plot was pretty good too. Maybe not as detailed as ToS's plot, but its still pretty good. I also like the extra's that came after the main story; the cameo battles, the memory battles, etc.

/Also a huge combo freak.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
ToS' story wasn't mind blowing to me, but the presentation and colorful cast of characters helped accentuate it's strong points. Yuri's personality was definitely unique from the other Tales' mains, but I felt the rest of the cast was a bit lacking. I'll give you the gameplay though. Just wish they had brought back summons. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Hn... what exactly do we mean by gameplay? If we mean the battling, that would make sense. Vesperia is a newer game than Tales of Symphonia, Phantasia, and so forth after all. So it makes me wonder about those games, and if they were to be remade with the newer battle system.

Or at least a prequel to Tales of Symphonia. <3 You guys will get tired of me saying this, btw.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I found ToS2 rather disappointing. Main reason being they decided to make it a sort of spin-off game as opposed to a full-fledge mothership title thus not having as much content as the other games. Secondly, I just couldn't stand Emil. Definitely one of the worst main characters ever. Lastly, the whole monster system and story weren't something I was too fond of. They could have done more...:/ ToS deserved better. Not a hater, btw. Almost finished it too. :laugh:

Makoli

Greedy Powerhouse
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2010
Scary Obsessive Tales fan coming your way. I'd like to join please ^^

I own Tales of the Abyss, Symphonia (ps2&GC), Symphonia2: dotnw, Vesperia (360&ps3), Rebirth, Destiny (director cut <3), Destiny2, Innocence, Fandom2, Radiant Mythology (1&2), Versus and just ordered Graces F yesterday actually.

Holy crap I didn't realize just how long my list was growing till i wrote it all out now @__@ I've only finished a handful though. Right now Vesperia is probably my favorite. with Abyss being a close second

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tales of Symphonia 2's best moments is the moments in which you are with a member of the original cast. When none of them are with you, the gang is pretty... eh. Pretty much what Icebloom said. I've replayed the game a few times, but solely to see the amazing moments of the original gang.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I just finished Tales of Eternia. :D Last boss while not difficult can screw you over at end, lol. I don't think many people have played this game, but it's a decent entry. I've decided to start Tales of Innocence next. The translation patch was released a couple months back, and I've been meaning to give it a try.

Years
I just finished Tales of Eternia. :D Last boss while not difficult can screw you over at end, lol. I don't think many people have played this game, but it's a decent entry. I've decided to start Tales of Innocence next. The translation patch was released a couple months back, and I've been meaning to give it a try.

8D Eternia
I never finished my second playthrough with Eternia. Actually, I only need to defeat Shizel but I felt like training first to L100. XP So it's stuck in the middle of... training. XD
When you said last boss, you're referring to the Nereid-Shizel... no? I think she had that Maxwell Extension attack.. 2HKO, lol. What difficulty was that? 8D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
8D Eternia
I never finished my second playthrough with Eternia. Actually, I only need to defeat Shizel but I felt like training first to L100. XP So it's stuck in the middle of... training. XD
When you said last boss, you're referring to the Nereid-Shizel... no? I think she had that Maxwell Extension attack.. 2HKO, lol. What difficulty was that? 8D

Were you playing on hardcore? :shocked: If so, congrats. One playthrough on standard difficulty is enough for me, lol. Nereid-Shizel had this one move at the end, when her HP reaches 0, that kills your entire party unless you use Reid's Infinity Reviver. But since I pretty much ignored using the Aurora Artes throughout the game, it took about 3 times to figure out what to do. :/ The last battle takes about 15-20 minutes too.

I'm playing the original Playstation version, so I'm not sure if there's any difference in the last fight from the PSP one.

Years
Were you playing on hardcore? :shocked: If so, congrats. One playthrough on standard difficulty is enough for me, lol. Nereid-Shizel had this one move at the end, when her HP reaches 0, that kills your entire party unless you use Reid's Infinity Reviver. But since I pretty much ignored using the Aurora Artes throughout the game, it took about 3 times to figure out what to do. :/ The last battle takes about 15-20 minutes too.

I'm playing the original Playstation version, so I'm not sure if there's any difference in the last fight from the PSP one.

Well... Yes, and no. :p I try to stay on Hardcore, but on harder bosses (Maxwell, Sekundes) I revert to Difficult or Normal :P Do you use a walkthrough while playing?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Well... Yes, and no. :p I try to stay on Hardcore, but on harder bosses (Maxwell, Sekundes) I revert to Difficult or Normal :P Do you use a walkthrough while playing?

Well, occasionally. Just for the optional stuff. :D Like getting Maxwell (who was rather easy) and fighting Valkyrie. I didn't bother and try and fight Sekundes, lol.

Back