• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
Brave 10! Heck yeah. <3 I really like the art style and acting. The premise is unoriginal but it's a decent action anime set in the Sengoku period. And if you're a girl like me, you'll appreciate all the pretty boys.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm really into Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Btooom!, and Sword Art Online.

Years
Just started to watch Sword Art Online and loving it. I really like the video-game idea behind it and it corresponds very well with it's target audience, high school students/teenagers/young-adults

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Anything from this small collection.
Spoiler:

Not gonna lie. I got curious on that one, found out it's about baseball and what do you know? Now I'm into it.

Thanks. Love it.

(I support the list because it has Major and Hajime no Ippo)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Ungoing series:
Hiiro no Kakera Dai Ni Shou
[K]
Sword Art Online
Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun

-Finished Series
Hakuouki Reimeiroku
Hakuouki Sekkaroku
Mushishi

Manga:
D.Gray-man. Ican'tfreakin'waitforthenextchapter

Letting the airing series pile up a bit by watching the finished series already. : < I'm currently very much into Hakuouki. I had watched the first season and Hekketsuroku a year ago. I liked it quite a lot, but vaguely wished that I could play the game (which was back then only available in Japanese). But this summer I heard there was new material coming, and after a visit to Minitokyo, the flame was bu- blazing again.
I had started to rewatch the series with a friend and we both agreed that we needed to play the game. When we found it it was translated, we were uber happy. :'D

But it wasn't until last month when I started with Reimeiroku that I actually could play the game. And... I'm hooked. |D; It's not just because of the characters' looks, but the characters themselves as well as the story line (the Bakumatsu interests me, thanks to Kenshin :B) and the emotional value add to me being a fangirl. I don't become a fangirl very easily... Haha. 8D;

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
For the past 2/3 months, I've been watching both Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood in both Japanese and English (mainly so my little brother will watch it with me) and I will admit, I love it.
I've also been planning to rewatch "Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike" in English. I'm also rewatching "Darker Than BLACK" in English, which is pretty good, apart from the fact Misaki's name is pronounced wrong -.-

I've recently been getting into reading "Otaku no Musume-san" and "Sukitte ii na yo" as well as getting the monthly chapters of "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" and "Kimi ni Todoke".

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
06_chuunibyou_01-620x350.jpg

Chuunibyou. Get on my level.

Reading Naruto, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai, Blue Exorcist and STILL waiting for Evangelion manga to finish :P

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Anime:
Steins Gate
High School DxD
Princess Lover
Rosario + Vampire
To Love-ru
Yosuga no Sora - a really good anime just skip the scenes if it's too much for you.
Azumanga Daioh - checking this anime since I missed this during my kiddy days.
Strike Witches - currently watching the movie. Can't wait for season 3!!

Manga:
Kodomo no Jikan
Beelzebub
Witches of Africa (Strike Witches)

Reading Naruto, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai, Blue Exorcist and STILL waiting for Evangelion manga to finish :P
>Get on my level.

Oh wow implying you have any level.

>Chuunibyou
laughlikeitstheendoftheworld.jpg

Last edited:

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016

Be embraced by the flames of darkness and perish!

Meanwhile-- why does it seem that more and more people are posting here (i.e., JE) as though they're on an imageboard?
I've seen at least four instances of this within the last fifteen minutes and I feel that I must make myself heard when I say that I do not find it amusing in the least bit.
To extrapolate, these are the bland unconstructive kind of comments which are devoid of any meaningful content whatsoever, serving only to say, in more or less words, "you guys (and your tastes/interests/opinions) are stupid, and the topic which you are discussing is stupid, too!" or, when the roles are reversed, "Here are my tastes/interests/opinions. Anything that differs from these are stupid and not worthy of consideration". While not so serious as to be taken in that context literally as spam, they (these posts) are still as tasteless as they are annoying. They are mood-killers and a nuisance. Is it pleasurable to make such comments? I cannot fathom what meagerness of character it would take to drive a person to derive joy through the act of ridicule and belittlement.
One might even say that the phase of internet-influenced psychological development which equates cynicism and social status to be a form of chuunibyou in itself.... !
But no fingers pointed at anyone, of course.

I've been trying to get into Index (novels), but the writing is horrid, both in translation and the original; which is a real pity since the plot is really swell and some of the ideas used in the stories are rather creative.

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I've been wanting to watch the Chuunibyou anime, but I haven't had anytime at all. One manwha that I've come across recently that I think is pretty decent is Witch Hunter and another manga that is decent is Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I've been wanting to watch the Chuunibyou anime, but I haven't had anytime at all. One manwha that I've come across recently that I think is pretty decent is Witch Hunter and another manga that is decent is Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru.

From my experience it's actually a nice slice of life show, I've never watched 'moe' (if this is classified as that, from what I've heard it is) but I was pretty hooked on this one. Maybe because the first few episodes were more fun orientated then the last few :P I'd recommend watching it if you can and finding out for yourself. I don't know the rights for people outside of Australia, but Madman has licensed it and are streaming it on their website for free here: http://www.madman.com.au/actions/video.do?method=home (apologies if I'm not allowed to link).

Has anyone started reading Assassination Classroom? I've heard it's huge in SJ at the moment and quite good for it's awkward storyline.

Reddo

Happy!
Years
I'm into these ones now...

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Naruto (these two are my favorites)
Bakuman
SKET Dance
Azumanga Daioh

They're very good!

Sir Codin

For manga, I've just been reading Pokemon Special lately.

For anime, I've just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time. I didn't find it that horrible, to be honest. I've been going through some depression, anxiety, and other emotional problems lately, so I guess that's why I was able to connect with some of the characters more than I should have.

Both endings to the series are confusing as hell, though.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
For manga, I've just been reading Pokemon Special lately.

For anime, I've just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time. I didn't find it that horrible, to be honest. I've been going through some depression, anxiety, and other emotional problems lately, so I guess that's why I was able to connect with some of the characters more than I should have.

Both endings to the series are confusing as hell, though.

There is only one ending, essentially Death and Rebirth is virtually that part in End of Evangelion during Instrumentality when Shinji is ruminating about everything. And then when they're on that planet at the end in D&R, that bit is when he comes to accept everything (and then simultaneously ends Instrumentality in End of Evangelion). It's a tad confusing but it's how it went (I THINK).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I've just finished the last Yellow Chapter in Pokemon Adventures. I loved the conclusion.

Now I'm going to buy the first book of the G/S/C saga :)

Years
Anime I've watched and enjoyed....
~Bleach, Naruto, Samurai 7, Durarara, Fullmetal Alchemist,One Piece

Manga I love....
Shonen: ~ Fairy Tail, Bakuman, Bleach, The Blue Exorcist, One Piece, Dragonball Z

Shojo: ~ Fruits Basket, Wild Ones, Ouran High School Host Club, Kamisama Kiss

Years
I'm really into Fairy Tail and have been since August or so! The characters are aweeesome and I love the music. Magi is cool too though, glad I listened to my friend's suggestion and tried it. <3 Can't wait to see where the story goes since I haven't read the manga yet~

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Just watched NHK ni yokoso, pretty nice anime that has psychological thinking, something that I like! As for manga, read Onami Master Kurosawa (aka Fap Note), which has backstories and all the touching stuff that I love.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I don't follow new anime much, and have only really seen the fairly stock past things - most of the early movies that got releases in the US (Akira, Ninja Scroll, Castle of Cagliostro, that sort of thing...) and the more popular series like Haruhi, Rurouni Kenshin, Lucky Star, K-ON!, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun...

Manga though... I read LOTS of manga and have a huge follow list at Batoto. Some of my favorites: Non Non Biyori, Spirit Circle, Sora no Otoshimono, Tsuki Tsuki!, Tora Kiss, Rising X Rydeen, Tonari no Seki-kun, Fujimura-kun Mates, D-FRAG!, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Rotte no Omocha, Again!, Aku no Hana, Denpa Kyoushi, Echo-pun, Alice in Hell, Tonnura-san, Onisuki, Papakiki, Umi no Misaki.... and literally hundreds more...

Back