• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Royale

Years

seedbby.png

Brought to you by Sydian, Myrrhman and Karpman

What is this event?

The Challenge Royale is the Challenge of all Challenges. Those who sign up are put into two teams, Team Charizard or Team Blastoise, and the members of the two teams will compete head-to-head in a wide array of challenges, to see who completes their challenge first. While all of the head-to-head matcups are speed runs, the participant who finishes their "race" first, getting points, they also take aspects from other challenges, such as Nuzlockes and monotypes, but the goal remains true, finish your game in a shorter time than your opponent, to gain valuable points for your team. This event will take place throughout all 4 days of the Get Together, with the final results being posted on the last day.

Types of Challenges and Point Values

Below are the types of Challenges that you can take on, please remember that the main goal is to finish your playthrough before your opponent does, so you may not be able to grind [train] your Pokemon for hours on end.

-Nuzlocke Challenge: The Nuzlocke Challenge is a Challenge in which you only catch the first Pokemon you see in each area [a cave counts as one area, not each floor] and must release a Pokemon if it faints. Worth 5 Points.

-Solo Run: A solo run is a playthrough of a game, but with one Pokemon only [HM Slaves are allowed, but not in major battles]. Worth 4 Points.

-Duo Run: A Duo Run is essentially the same as a Solo Run, but the goal is to beat the game with 2 Pokemon instead of 1. Worth 3 Points.

-Monotype: A monotype challenge is a playthrough of a game using Pokemon that all share a common type. [For example, you can have Garchomp on a ground type team with Sandslash, even though Garchomp isn't a pure/primary ground type]. Worth 2 Points.

-Trio Run: A Trio Run is essentially the same as a Solo Run, but the goal is to beat the game with 3 Pokemon instead of 1. Worth 1 Point.

Completion Requirements

To have completed a game, you must have fulfilled the criteria specified below, for the game that you're playing through, in your race.

-R/B/Y and FR/LG: Beat the Pokemon League
-G/S/C and HG/SS: Beat the Pokemon League once, Kanto is not requred.
-R/S/E: Beat the Pokemon League
-D/P/Pt: Beat the Pokemon League Once
-B/W: Beat the Main Story [Pokemon League+Plasma Castle]

Now how do I participate?

Just post with the application below, filled out.

Username:
Games available: [You can choose up to 3 games]
ROM/Hard Copy:
Preferred Type of Challenge:

This will be used to find you a suitable opponent to compete against, so that we can have fair matches that both parties are content with.

Emblems

A Feather Short
swabluemblem.png

Almost! Just a few minutes behind the other team in Challenge Royale, but we're all winners here, lil birdie. :]

Sky High
altariaemblem.png

You won, but you should probably take a nap now. I'm sure you stayed up all night to finish first in Challenge Royale...congrats either way!

Last edited:

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Username: ^^^^
Games available: Blue and Gold
ROM/Hard Copy: Roms
Preferred Type of Challenge: SoloRuns and Monotypes

P.S.:The description for TrioRun is wrong.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Why aren't HG/SS allowed but G/S/C are? D:

Username: Destiny Demon
Games available: Platinum and SoulSilver
ROM/Hard Copy: ROM (Flashcard)
Preferred Type of Challenge: Monotype

terminoob

Waffles.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Username: terminoob
Games available: LeafGreen, Yellow, Crystal
ROM/Hard Copy: ROM
Preferred Type of Challenge: Nuzlocke

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Can I do more than one? Or not? Also, the earlier Gens go WAY faster on emulator than the later ones, so that needs to be taken into consideration IMO. Are we doing game time or real time?

Username: jdthebud
Games available: HeartGold
Preferred Types of Challenge: Nuzlocke, Solo

I'll do both if I can, but either one is fine. I've never done the Nuzlocke, though, so that's my preferred game.

And the Trio run is with three Pokemon of different typings.
Also, you should say that no legendaries are allowed at any time.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Can I do more than one? Or not? Also, the earlier Gens go WAY faster on emulator than the later ones, so that needs to be taken into consideration IMO. Are we doing game time or real time?

Just depends on who signs up for what, though. We're taking it all into account. Not everyone wants to play the old games, so yeah. Plus, it's not like someone doing a monotype on Red will be pitted against someone doing one on Black. That's the purpose of the sign up, so that you can be placed on a team accordingly and pitted against someone on the opposite team doing the same challenge on the same game. And it's game time. You'll need to PM me a screenshot of your game time after beating the E4 in your game.

I'll do both if I can, but either one is fine. I've never done the Nuzlocke, though. And HeartGold is preferred for the Nuzlocke, Sapphire for the Solo.

You shouldn't be doing more than one. Like I said, depends on who signs up for what, and that'll depend on who you go against and what team you're on. So you'll only be doing on challenge, and that'll be decided by the EOs, when we have all sign ups and can piece the teams together. We'll be assigning ourselves after everyone else has been assigned, so that in case someone has signed up for something no one else might have signed up for, one of use will be on the opposite team of that person and play against them.

I hope this makes sense. lol :( It'll be better when all the sign ups and in and the teams are posted tomorrow, I promise.

Years
Username: Lady Gaga
Games available: Ruby (preferred), Red, Crystal
ROM/Hard Copy: Hard Copy
Preferred Type of Challenge: Solo Run

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Teams will be posted at 12 central tomorrow. Then you can start whenever. Like I said, when you finish your challenge (which will be assigned tomorrow as well), PM me your screenshot of your final time. So technically, you could finish on the last day of GT and still beat whoever you're against, because this is game time, not real time.

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Okay,

12:00 AM Est or 12:00 PM ESt ?

(If not ESt give the number [+ or - x])

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow, I'm bad with time lol. 12 PM CST, not EST. That's an hour behind EST, if anyone is bad with time like me (GMT -6 if that's how you roll). Uhhh it's 10:10 PM central time rn if that helps. Yeah, that's the trouble with events that have a limited sign up time I reckon. :<

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Well since mine is GMT-3,it will be 15:00 PM for me,anyways awaiting the competition

Years
Username: LaureTheLoner
Games available: Yellow Version (Hard Copy) / Gold Version (Rom on DS) / Crystal Version (Rom on DS)
Preferred Type of Challenge: Monotype, Duo, Trio

If Sydian said I didn't join, he said he'd kilck a puppy
all of you remember that D:

moments.

quixotic
Years
I don't know if I just missed it, but I'm confused on how the winners are determined.

It is first to finish, I understand that, but does it go by who finished the fastest by the Time Played clock, or by the actual time and date in real life?

Years
I don't know if I just missed it, but I'm confused on how the winners are determined.

It is first to finish, I understand that, but does it go by who finished the fastest by the Time Played clock, or by the actual time and date in real life?

It goes by the game clock, not by real time.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
Years
Username: gameplayer56
Games available: Red, Gold, Sapphire
Preferred Type of Challenge: Nuzlocke, Solo Run
I wonder if I can do this one, seeing that I won't be here on Saturday to see what team I'll belong.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Username: Alley Cat
Games available: Crystal, Ruby, Pearl(Not preferred, as I have to borrow a DS for this)
ROM/Hard Copy: Roms. Except for Pearl, should I get a hold of a DS for that.
Preferred Type of Challenge: Nuzlocke

Back