• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
oGunv.png
What's a ladder?

You know that "Find Battle" button on Pokémon Online? Well, that's how you access the ladder; it's an easy, convenient way to find a battle. Additionally, it incorporates a leaderboard which counts every battle you find through the "Find Battle" button. If you win in a battle, you move up a few ranks like with any leaderboard, and the opposite if you lose. Basically, you "climb up the ladder" when you win...or you can fall. Each tier has a different leaderboard, but the main focus of this thread is "Wifi OU" (and will generally be the only active ladder). Just keep in mind that the PC ladder is much more laid back compared to Smogon's. While it is a competition to an extent, it's the main option for finding a battle and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Okay, but what's this thread for?

This is for advertising, listing user achievements and rewards, and explaining how a ladder works. Additionally, you may offer feedback on the ladder in this thread.

Where is PC's PO server?

Server information and the Pokémon Online download link can be found here. PokéCommunity Ladder is not for Wi-Fi; it's Pokémon Online only. One for Wi-Fi battling may be created if this is popular enough.

Any rules I should be aware of?

Just follow the server rules and you'll be fine. We will not tolerate any user harassment AT ALL. No rubbing in another's face that you beat them, or firing off insults after losing to them. I hope you guys are mature enough to not do that. If you experience any of this, contact Wolflare or Anti with the log preferably.
Spr_5b_585.png

Can ladder battles be counted as clan battles in my clan?

Sure, as long as the opponent is another member of your clan. Feel free to post in your clan's thread any ladder battles you had. Want to battle without having them added to your clan? Just add an asterisk to your name (i.e. blubberchomp blubberchomp*), or make it obvious your testing a team (i.e. blubberchomp testingchomp). This also prevents harming your original username's ranking. Additionally, no backing out if you already agreed to consider it a clan battle.

Have fun guys.​

r85XF.png

Hall of Fame

The Hall of Fame will be a record or time line of the top 5. I will save the top 5 member rankings at the end of each month. There's no particular award for being in the Hall of Fame, other than recognition.

Emblems

kN4SO.png
Ladder Addict
This member simply can't get enough of the PokéCommunity Ladder.

nExrc.png
Ladder Ace
At last, this member has made it into the top three of the PokéCommunity Ladder. Congratulations!​

RcNlK.png

Coming soon. Enjoy the OU ladder for now.​

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Awesome, im glad this is up. =)

You should also mention that at the end of each month your rank could translate to a certain amount of clan points for you in your clan so id get laddering imo. ;D

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
^ Will clans be using a universal EXP system from now on? Or just the leaders will create a transfer system of sorts for their own clans?

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I'll join, even though I'm not as good as the pros. I'll learn and I might even get that beautiful Starmie emblem :D.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
^ Will clans be using a universal EXP system from now on? Or just the leaders will create a transfer system of sorts for their own clans?
No, members can just post all their ladder battles (they have with other clan members) in their clan for now. We may consider Elf's suggestion in the future though. We also don't know what the standard "good" ranking will be until people start using ladder more.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Just so everyone knows, the user rankings were reset, so the ladder can now be used!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Letting everyone know that all battles done on the server count towards your ladder ranking from now on. This means ladder battles aren't restricted to only the "Find Battle" button. Battles started via challenge will be considered a ladder/rated battle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back