• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Majora's Mask Discussion Thread (aka the world is ending)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It's that time of year again lol. Couldn't help myself with it being so close.

In the world of much over-hyped doomsday theories, one of the most interesting is the ending of the Mayan Long Count calendar and the subsequent end of the world by an entire myriad of deadly scenarios, set to happen next month, December 21st, 2012. Do you think at some point the world as we know it will end? Will it be from a natural disaster, like a Volcanic eruption, asteroid strike, or global pandemic? Or will we ourselves bring about our own demise? And what of the proposed Mayan apocalypse set to occur in a week's time?

Discuss!

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Christians who try to predict the end of the world are false prophets. Jesus himself said that nobody can know the day or hour.

Zet

Years
The world will end because you silly Americans can't do day-month-year or year-month-day. :<

Inevitably if Jesus walks out of a burning sky on that day, I really hope to see some of you guys on the other side... to be more descriptive: a place with fluffy clouds, milkshake waterfall, etc etc. Though I really hope that doesn't happen and our demise is brought to us by powerful alien overlords who need a new planet to live on.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
There have been dozens of different doomsday theories. I am incredibly skeptical of this theory as with all other theories.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
A calendar ending doesn't mean it's the end of the world. In fact, there is no evidence to suggest the Mayans believed anything in peculiar was to happen at that point in time.

It's a completely make-believe theory by modern day people. Next.
My thoughts exactly at present.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
This stuff again?! You guys just can't leave well enough alone, can you?

Didn't we have a discussion earlier this year about something that disproved the mayan apocalypse? There is no way that anyone can predict when & how the apocalypse will be brought about to this world. Anyone who says otherwise is either an escaped mental ward patient, or the worst liar that ever stepped foot on this planet.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
This stuff again?! You guys just can't leave well enough alone, can you?

Didn't we have a discussion earlier this year about something that disproved the mayan apocalypse? There is no way that anyone can predict when & how the apocalypse will be brought about to this world. Anyone who says otherwise is either an escaped mental ward patient, or the worst liar that ever stepped foot on this planet.
While I agree, you're probably going to take a lot of fire from that comment if people by chance defend this theory.

I mean, some people defended Bigfoot. Why not the 2012 Apocalypse? lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
While I agree, you're probably going to take a lot of fire from that comment if people by chance defend this theory.

I mean, some people defended Bigfoot. Why not the 2012 Apocalypse? lol

I highly doubt that this will happen, as last time I know, most, if not all, of the people who responded to all those end of the world threads around here believe that stuff to be nothing more than a hoax cooked up to stir up panic & paranoia among the masses.

& I'm sorry if my last post sounded offensive, but just hearing about those apocalypse theories just grinds my gears to no end.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I highly doubt that this will happen, as last time I know, most, if not all, of the people who responded to all those end of the world threads around here believe that stuff to be nothing more than a hoax cooked up to stir up panic & paranoia among the masses.

& I'm sorry if my last post sounded offensive, but just hearing about those apocalypse theories just grinds my gears to no end.
No, I'm fine. I actually agree.

Years
I know it's ridiculous because for the Mayan's it's the exact same as our calendar ending. And since when have they been labelled the predictors of bad things happening? It's not like they've done it before.

But deep down there's definitely a part of me that wants some sort of apocalypse, just to see how i'd go surviving. (Not well I bet.)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't believe it personally. As I Christian I believe that only God is the person who truly knows, but that's just my beliefs. And also when you add in all the other factors, it's just the end of their calender, not the end of the world. Any incidents that they "predicted" (If I heard right , according to the Mayans claimed to predict major disasters such as 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina and I think the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan) are merely coincidental.

Years
I don't believe it personally. As I Christian I believe that only God is the person who truly knows, but that's just my beliefs. And also when you add in all the other factors, it's just the end of their calender, not the end of the world. Any incidents that they "predicted" (If I heard right , according to the Mayans claimed to predict major disasters such as 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina and I think the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan) are merely coincidental.

I hate to sit on your religion, but is God really a person? Surely his omnipotence would inspire a more extravagant form. Like a dragon, or a planet.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Yeah, I don't think it's gonna end at all because I... see no reason for it to end, really. I've not looked all that much into theories behind it and explanations and stuff but given that it was predicted by people with a far lesser understanding of how stuff works than we have today, I don't see much reason to believe it at all. Yes I think the world will end at some time, but I don't know when or how, and I don't really think anyone can say for sure.

Fixing the thread title btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to sit on your religion, but is God really a person? Surely his omnipotence would inspire a more extravagant form. Like a dragon, or a planet.

I know if anyone could really say, and regardless, that's a whoooooole other tangent we're probably best staying off of in this discussion. d:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I love doomsdays, it's an excuse to binge out on food and no one cares because they're all worried about dying :D But nah, I don't believe it's the end of the world at all, there's no logical reason it would be. Most of the theories I've heard about how the world will supposedly end are pretty ridiculous so unless someone forces it to happen for some sick, twisted reason, I can't see the world ending any time soon. That's not to say it'll never end though; eventually the sun will burn out or we'll destroy it ourselves and then we'll be left with nothing, but that's not going to happen for an incredibly long time yet.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I don't believe the 2012 disaster in the slightest, and can't wait to see all the commotion on the internet on the 22nd, but surely if they actually did predict all those things, it wouldn't just be a coincidence. Think of how many days they could have supposedly predicted that such disasters would happen, yet getting so many right. Just doesn't really sound plausible in the slightest.

But yeah, I don't believe in their predictions, neither do I believe in this rumour.

blue

gucci
Years
It's drawing ever so closer! I remember reading about it in 2009 thinking oh that's miles off, but now it's literally next month. I don't think anything will happen but it's always good to keep an open mind.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't think anything will happen but it's always good to keep an open mind.

Richard Dawkins said:
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

I think it was Dawkins who originally said this, anyway. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It's not often that I use quotes in discussions since I don't think they really mean anything special just because they were said by a famous person, but this one sums up my thoughts on being open-minded about realllllly ridiculous things such as this. d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back