• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity UU Tournament

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
07GvYVD.png

Welcome to the PokéCommunity UU Tournament

With the increasing popularity of the UU tier on the PokéCommunity Showdown Server, I have decided it's probably time for us to actually reward the new ambitions we've recently gathered by holding an 12 man tournament exclusively in the UU tier. In this tournament, a bracket of 12 people will be decided and put here for reference. Everyone will battle one time to determine if they move on to the next stage or not. The tournament will begin on April 27th, so if you need to make a team to participate, you have a week. The tournament will take place over the course of the week following the 27th and the finals will need to be finished by May 4th.

Sign-Up / Rules

• Do not join if you don't plan on actually participating
  • Teams must be of your own design (aka, no stealing teams off the Smogon RMT archives)
  • Report results promptly so that the tournament can continue as smoothly as possible
  • If 12 spots are already filled, feel free to sign-up as a replacement just in case
  • No scouting teams

Bracket

Bracket on Challonge

Participants

1. .Aero
  2. Pokedra
  3. Forever
  4. Diversion
  5. Fire Flyy
  6. glitchguy
  7. ForeverDash
  8. ExtremeGamer
  9. Jake♫
  10. Dark Azelf
  11. GolurkIsDaBomb
  12. Wolf

Substitutes
  1. N/A

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Honestly I don't think that rule should be there, people can rarely use archive teams anywhere near as well as the maker can nor is it really cheating.

.Aero

Years
how do you plan on enforcing this?

Honestly I don't think that rule should be there, people can rarely use archive teams anywhere near as well as the maker can nor is it really cheating.

I don't plan on enforcing it. I'm just hoping that those who enter the tournament are willing to make a team on their own. If they want to lose part of the experience this tournament is intended to provide, so be it. That's their own fault. I'm not holding this tournament so that people can see "who's the best at UU?". I'm running it because I want people to actually begin taking interest in the metagame of UU and have reason to instead of just a challenge from people on the server here and there. If you put a competitive aspect onto the whole team building process, people will be more likely to try instead of just throwing a couple random pokemon together.

So if you really want to go get teams off of smogon, be my guest. Just realize that you're missing the point of this tournament.

.Aero

Years
Because there is more interest than I anticipated, the tournament size will be increased to 12, which means 4 of us will be having a free round at first.

So yeah. Two more sign-ups and we can begin. However, at this point I'm going to be changing some more things because it's so late in the day.

New Tournament Date Begin
April 27th will be the first day of the tournament. So if you're hesitant to join because you weren't sure you'd get a team finished by today, feel free to join up now if you can get it finished in a week.

Also, the tournament will take place over the course of the week following the 27th. With 12 people, a week should be plenty to get the amount of matches a tournament of this size requires. If it's not, I'll adjust accordingly, but please try to finish matches as soon as you possibly can.

.Aero

Years
Alright, the bracket is now full, so if anyone else wants to sign-up, you'll be a sub in case someone can't finish a match in time.

Now, the tournament will begin this coming Saturday (April 27th), so make sure you have at least one team ready by then. :] Make sure you playtest them both on our server and on the smogon ladder if you really want to do well. I won't be making the bracket until 11PM on the 26th in order to not have anyone start memorizing their opponent's team(s) if they so happen to battle for practice before the tournament starts. So yeah. Bracket will be posted then (well, it'll be made then and then posted).

.Aero

Years
Because people on the server decided it would be easy enough to avoid the person they're being paired with, I will go ahead and post the bracket that was made completely by random using challonge.

http://challonge.com/PokeCommunityUU

First matchups include:

GolurkIsDaBomb vs. .Aero
Dark Azelf vs. Fire Flyy
Wolflare vs. Jake
Pokedra vs. Diversion

Forever, ForeverDash, glitchguy, and ExtremeGamer have byes

If you and your opponent are already able to battle and feel comfortable with your current team, feel free to finish the battle whenever you can. However, don't force your opponent into battling if he / she does not want to yet since the tournament does not actually begin until the 27th.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
First matchups include:

GolurkIsDaBomb vs. .Aero - Sorry golurk dont know you that well.
Dark Azelf vs. Fire Flyy - lol
Wolflare vs. Jake - Could go either way, wolf is sneaky and jake always has something up his sleeve lol
Pokedra vs. Diversion - Sorry diversion dont know you man and poke is p good.

Predictions in bold.

Said this on server, but why cant you pair these up seems really silly to have 4 byes tbh.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
My predictions (all in good fun).

GolurkIsDaBomb vs. .Aero - No idea how good you are Golurk, but Aero is a good player.
Dark Azelf vs. Fire Flyy - Sorry Karp.
Wolflare vs. Jake - Yeah kinda 50/50 on this, not sure how good you two are now. But you were both awesome before so eh.

Anyways just posting to say Diversion and I had our match and I won 3-0. It was close though.

Is it best of three or are we done here?

Last edited:
Back