• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
The things that irritated me in R/B/Y were (and still are):

"You missed the Pokémon" even when it's at like, 1 HP and asleep or frozen.

Lt.Surge's gym puzzle. Seriously, the location of the second switch seems completely on a random side to the first switch.

Realizing I'd defeated everyone and couldn't fight any trainers anymore except the Pokémon League.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I say the hardest part of these games is the power plant I really hate getting pass these parts alone parts

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
all the trainers you have to fight like youngster lass hiker etc. its annoying it like theres no way around them. i play pokemon blue at the moment so im tired of doing those fights. i try to be careful and steer (or walk) clear of them.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Pikachu being a starter,
I don't like it.
It just doesn't feel right to me.
I agree with this, I always hated it. Then when you had to head to the Pewter Gym you had to keep grinding your Pikachu in the wild to even stand a chance against him.

Years
There are many things I could list about First Generation annoyances, but the honorable mention goes to the guards that watch over the gate houses into Saffron City.. if they're so thirsty, then why couldn't they just get the drink themselves?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Not being able to travel fast was kind of a problem for me, but that was easily fixed as soon as I got my hands on the bicycle. (:

Being poisoned was the thing that troubled me the most. Every time my Pokémon were poisoned, the screen used to become pixelated with some sort of a scary sound effect. This used to make me think that my batteries were running out of power, so I constantly had them replaced with new ones. I've wasted a lot of good batteries that way, haha.

Last edited:

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
The fact that there was nothing to do after the League aside from completing the Pokedex was really annoying like what was GF thinking? They could've at least added some fun side quests. Also I think the fact that we couldn't rebattle trainers other than the Elite 4 and Champion made training tedious.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
The most frustrating thing for me was the Safari Zone. It was always a darn gamble whether or not you would catch any of those Pokémon! Rage.

Years
Not being able to travel fast was kind of a problem for me, but that was easily fixed as soon as I got my hands on the bicycle. (:

Being poisoned was the thing that troubled me the most. Every time my Pokémon were poisoned, the screen used to become pixelated with some sort of a scary sound effect. This used to make me think that my batteries were running out of power, so I constantly had them replaced with new ones. I've wasted a lot of good batteries that way, haha.
Both of these!

I used to get so mad when the screen would do that flashy thing and I could never figure out why my pokemon kept dying.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Both of these!

I used to get so mad when the screen would do that flashy thing and I could never figure out why my pokemon kept dying.

Dx

I thought my Emerald was broken and I was about to return it when one of my Pokémon got poisoned for the first time. I was so confused.

seishiro-san

Inspirational
Years
Caves D: It was an absolute nightmare with random encounters popping here and there! I also remember avoiding the cemetery, the music of that city itself sort of freaked me out back then for some funny reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back