• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association v2!~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Animal Lovers ASSOCIATION
tumblr_mctv3si8aF1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

A club for both animal lovers & pet owners alike!
Owner: Axeliira

εїз introduction
Welcome to the second reincarnation of FC&G's Animal Lovers Association. The first version died back in August, and quite honestly I missed having this club around, and I hope it stays around longer than the other thread!

Animals. Big, small, tall, short, over the land or under the sea. We learn from them, we feel for them, we grow with them. We may be fascinated with any type of animals, or we may even have our own pets. This club is specially dedicated to the animal lover in you. Do you have one or more favorite animals? Are you a pet/animal owner or you grew up with pets as a child? Do you plan on studying animals in the near future? Whichever it may be, this club is for any type of animal lover out there. We can discuss anything that has to do with animals, any animal from all over the world. Birds, dogs, cats, fish, tigers, elephants, sharks...and many many more!

Pet owners are also animal lovers as well, so if you have any pets, we do encourage you to join! :)

εїз rules
tumblr_mfcy68DktF1s0kxy0o1_500.gif
  • All PokeCommunity & FC&G rules apply here as well
  • Respect is a must in the community. Everyone must respect the opinions, views, and thoughts of others.
  • Everyone is encouraged to discuss anything related to animals, such as news, current issues, show off your pets, or even fangirl about a certain family of animals.
  • In addition to that, anyone is encouraged to bring up a new topic in case the previous one has died down.
  • Please, do feed the birds.

εїз members

Axeliira
Juno
Peitharchia
Digimon Kaiser
Astinus

εїз sign up
No sign-up form is required for this group. If this is your first time posting in the group, just simply state your username, what your favorite animal is, and try to stay within the discussion if you can. Basically, introduce yourself! If you have any pets, you may also state that as well :D As owner, I don't think a sign-up form is necessary. :P

Example of mine:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

tumblr_n2uc8bh8Aq1sbrhm3o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Yay! I've missed this too, I've had nowhere to talk about cute dogs I've met or that one coyote I saw on campus like a week ago. :s

So, I'm Juno and I'd say I like dogs just a bit more than any other kind of animals. c: I can't imagine not having one in my life, ever. My family currently has a 14 year old yorkie named Mocha - she can be kind of grumpy around other dogs sometimes, but otherwise quite sweet and very good with people.

I volunteered at an animal shelter for about two years, but stopped last summer since I moved, though I'm still hoping to get back to it at one of the local branches (maybe when I'm less busy). And it's actually difficult to find available positions, I've noticed - they're literally always full on free help, what

...But I guess that shows how much people like working with animals. ♥

oh these are butterflies, took me a while to realize that εїз

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd love to join! I was a member of our previous Animal Lovers club, but unfortunately, I haven't participated much; hopefully, I will change that up this time around.

Currently, I own one cat, and it is female; we call her Bailey. We've had her in our house for about two years now, and is definitely well-liked by all family members. She was quite energetic when she was young (she would break things a lot, which was slightly upsetting to see, unfortunately), but now that she's grown older, she seems to be more mature, understanding.

She does seem to be overly lazy every now and again, however, which is a downside. Aside from that, from time to time, she doesn't wind up going outside when peeing and whatnot, but luckily, we've all gotten used to that and have learned to manage the situation better.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I'll join. I live alone, but my family has pets.
My mother is thinking about getting a THIRD dog. She has a mutt and a three-legged JRT, and is currently looking for a dachshund at a local animal shelter.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, guys! Yeah, we seriously needed a place to fangirl about animals! So I'm glad there is some interest <3

I grew up with pets all my life. I got my first puppy at kindergarten (three years later she ran away *sniff*), and got my first kitty at age 15. I am also a huge fan of fish and aquatic life, and I plan to get an aquarium tank once I move in to my new apartment next month. I'm so excited to have fish again <3

Hey, Digi..sometimes you can't get enough dogs. :P I'll admit I freaking looove dachshund doggies. Hope she finds one very soon!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Oh I missed this club! Time to join again!

Names Joey, I'm a dog lover, but I like all types of animals. I currently have 5 dogs between me and my parents. Dahlia (adopted, beagle/hound/lab mix and oldest), Zeus (adopted, Rottweiler/lab mix and 2nd oldest, Haley (pure bred lab and 3rd oldest), Sierra (pure bred lab and first daughter of haley), and Bella (pire bred lab and 2nd daughter of haley). I have had several other dogs before, all past away. I also have had 2 cats, one we gave away, the other past away.
But just to have pets in my life is everything and I can't imagine life without them

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
It was me. 3 litters and might do a 4th with mom. But later this year we're going to breed Sierra.

And for the fox thing, the first thing that comes to mind now is the video 'What does the fox say'. But I do have to agree, fox's are cute.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I missed this club too!

I'm Astinus and I can't really pick a favorite animal! I love foxes, raccoons, mice, weasels, and cats. I do have three cats as pets, along with two dogs and a hamster. My cats are Luna, Nova, and Pretzel (Siamese); the dogs are Chloe (American Eskimo mix) and Ella (Parson Russell Terrier); the hamster is Nugget (Chinese Dwarf).

Foxes are just so cute.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome Asty!~

Oh, I agree that it's probably the cutest one ever. :D I'm a fox fan, I simply adore them. :D

How about a general topic discussion to get things started, yes? Let's say you ~magically~ turned into an animal, what would you be?

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Let's say you ~magically~ turned into an animal, what would you be?

I'd say either a lion or a wolf/dog. Both are one of my favorite animals in the animal kingdom..

Or I would like to turn into a hawk or some thing that can fly.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
I'm ChiakiNanami and would like to join. Just bought a guinea pig yesterday and trying to get it to not run away whenever I get close to it. My fav animal is otters and have liked animals since I was a kid.

Being an otter would be a lot of fun tbh :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, welcome! How's the Guinea Pig so far Hopefully it has adjusted to their new life with you! They're pretty adorbs. <3

I honestly think so too. Otters are incredibly cute. Wish they aren't as wild so I can actually have one as a pet. They're too cute and cuddly.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
oooh I've actually been looking for something like this!

Hey, I'm Warspirit but you can just call me War. I own a spoiled, bratty Maine Coon mix and 3 hyperactive gerbil females. I'm looking forward to also getting a dog when I move! I love all animals, but my favorite has to be horses because of their power, size, gentleness and beauty. I really want to work with them, no matter if it's just grooming or competitive. They're one of the reasons I'm going into a career with animals and going to school to study animal behaviour/etc.

Let's say you ~magically~ turned into an animal, what would you be?

Probably a wolf. I love the pack dynamics and how they're such a tight knit community. They're like one big family. I really like the hunting strategies too vs being a lone hunter (even though the African Wild Dog's strategy is pretty cool too).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
He/She is good. Very cute too. Funny how a rat in an alley scares me but I find Gunia Pigs cute and they are the same family.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...-riding-dog-and-his-20-mile-journey/25048281/

Lately the past few days (as I recently moved to Houston), I've been hearing about animals traveling solo via public transportation. Recently, there was a story about a Boston Terrier named after Houston's Public Transportation "Metro". He rode the bus 20 miles around downtown, then he was taken to the veterinary hospital so they can find the actual owner of the dog. What's really surprising is that he acted like a actual human gentleman. With good manners and everything. xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Omg the panda cursor is adorable *.*

Oh hey I had no idea this place existed, I'd love to join! I'm Ozzy/Squirrel and I'm a huge animal lover. I don't currently have a pet right now as I'm unfortunately not allowed to keep one in my university house, but the second I get into proper accommodation I'm hoping to get a pet rabbit. I did have a bunny until a couple months ago, but unfortunately he died and it was an incredibly sad day. His name was Kenny, he was an albino lop-eared dwarf rabbit and was the darn cutest thing you've ever seen. He was so well behaved and was always incredibly friendly but unfortunately he just couldn't last forever and it was his time to go. I was devastated of course, but even more so due to having not seen him in months from being at university for so long. But hey, these things have to happen I guess!

Sorry for the depressing story haha. Outside of pets I adore most animals, my favourites of course being squirrels, and I've worked up a huge collection of animal soft toys which I keep displayed on the shelf above my desk just so I can always look up and see their cute little faces ♥ I've got tonnes more to say about these topics and more but I guess I'll leave that for future discussions, so for now, hi! I'm Ozzy and I love you all :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
View attachment 74640

Here is Boomy, my goofball three-legged JRT, sleeping in the clean laundry of all paces.

I affectionately call him my little weirdo.

He enjoys sticking his tongue up people's noses for some reason.
Awww he's absolutely adorable, I want it *.* What happened to his fourth leg? Accident, birth defect...? Do you tend to find him harder to look after with a missing leg or do you just not notice any more? You two seem to have a cute relationship haha.

Back