• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better Than You - ♥ Shinji/Paul Club! ♥

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
This just reminds me of the hoard of Shinji-related episodes I have saved to my computer. They're for my special 'Shinji-time'. Unless I'm watching the English version, in which case it's my special 'Paul-time'.​

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
I gotta catch his battle with Jindai too @_@
Hmm my favorite episode, would have to be the 2 part battle episode.
Pokemon needs moar Shinji/Reiji bonding time.
Those two are awesome together.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
That's another reason why I loved Shinji vs. Jindai. Reiji was in it! =D In it with Shinji. =3​

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Are you torturing me?! I have too many fave episodes.

... ... ...
I'll say the full battle one. We not only got to see our little Ashy-boy in his knees, but we got to see Shinji's epicness!
...and Reiji was in it too! :D

On another note, can you do anymore lists, Vorteld?

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
Years
Hmmm.... tough one. I'll have to say "Pursuing a lofty goal!" for the Donkarasu awesomeness. But the full battle is epic, too. I get much stuff for my lists there!

Speaking of lists, .Fukari

One word: Request!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
...erm. That's hard for a request, because I don't have too much PARTICULAR likes for his Pokemon...

AHHHH. Ursaring. Ursaring. Almost forgot him.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
You know, from one of your previous lists, you said they don't reuse animations for Erebuu. But then I realized, they don't reuse animations for any of Shinji's Pokémon. He's too awesome for that~​

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
Years
Oh yes, they do :(

Donkarasu uses excactly the same Sky Attack-divebomb animation on Maylene's Meditite as on Naetle.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
Years
You know, from one of your previous lists, you said they don't reuse animations for Erebuu. But then I realized, they don't reuse animations for any of Shinji's Pokémon. He's too awesome for that~

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I guess it's because Shinji teaches them new movesets every once in a while to show off. How long till Paul fights Ash again? I must see more epic combat.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
So I haven't ventured into the Pokemon Groups in forever.. but Shinji is the easily the best thing about DP anime series. 'That said.. can I join? xD

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I think you need to submit the sign-up sheet first. :D

And is that REALLY true that there are different animations for Shinji's Pokemon...?
...speaking of animation, has chibi ever been used in the anime?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Ohhhh, Break, I'm surprised at you. . Where's the sign-up sheet at, huh?

I'm pretty sure chibi has been used before. I don't see why it wouldn't have been. Just not for any of Shinji's Pokémon (scratch that, just not for Shinji in general. But that would be adorable.).​

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
Years
All right, here I go:

Ringuma, battle standby!/Ursaring, stand by for battle!

-Ok. When Paul captured and checked Ursaring ith his dex he called the moves so-so. Knowing Paul's views on moves they must have been very strong for a wild Pokémon.
-Like Hyper Beam. It knew Hyper beam as a wild Pokémon. For some reason Shinji stopped using it though.
-Oh, wait. It's probably because he won't use recharge moves on his whole team. Understandable.
-Yeah! Ursaring uses BULK UP! A STATUS MOVE! Almost as rare as legendary Pokémon in the anime, concerning the main characters at least. Shinji's Ursaring is a man. Like Chrasher Wakes Floatzel. Real men use Bulk Up.
-And it helps them a lot in battles.
-Ursaring is a defensive beast, like Dodaitose. It can take tons of damage before going down.
-If I didn't knew its abillity was the AWESOME Guts, I would have guessed it was Inner Focus. That bear pulls of any attack no matter what hit's him first.
-He blocks attack with Hammer Arm.
-Speaking of that attack, Shinji's Pokémon seems to get secondary effects on their moves when it fits them. Dodaitose lowered Glions defense, Eleboo paralyzed Moukazaru with Thunder, but Ursarings speed remains the same no matter how many Hammer Arms it uses.
-It also utilizes Focus Blast. Which is a very nice move even for a physical beast like Ursaring.
-Oh yeah, physical beast. It took four of Satoshi's Pokémon to bring it down.
-I love how the point of wiew is almost always below it. It looks even bigger that way.
-We've actually very rarely seen it's eyes in spirals :D! It's too big for us to see his eyes if he does'nt stand.
-AND HE BLOCKS CLOSE COMBAT. WITH SLASH. Hows that for AWESOMENESS!
-It couldn't have a better Japanese voice actor.
-Final point, Paul keeps hoping for abillities. And, unlike Hikozaru, Ursaring does not fail him!

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I just love the way he talks in general. He reminds me of someone. . Who is also blatantly honest.​

Back