• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Hard Crystal

blue

gucci
Years
Pokemon Hard Crystal - FIRST BETA!

Pokémon:
Hard Crystal Version!

(Hack of Pokémon Crystal)
Beta 0.1 Now Relesaed!

The (long) Introduction!

Well, firstly let me introduce you to Pokémon Hard Crystal Version and yes, it does live up to its name. This isn't and was not supposed to be a huge project that normally would take weeks or months to complete, this is just a simple adjustment to intensify the difficulty for players to enjoy and have a challenge if they do so decide to play the game. I myself know that I enjoy challenges and this game hopefully will bring just that! Plus there aren't many (if any) Crystal hacks that bring this!

This was intentinoally just for my eyes only but what harm would it do giving you all a try eh? besides, I know alot of you enjoy a challenge once in a while!
As you can obviously tell this game focuses on the difficulty aspect of the game by increasing all levels of the main NPCS and trainers, there are NO map edits like in other hacks.

So, after writing pretty much the same thing three times because of my internet disconnecting thats pretty much it from here but if you do decide to try it out, please do leave feedback & I really hope you have a blast playing! Thanks :]

The Features!

• Your rivals team has completely changed
  • Gym Leaders much more difficult & new Pokémon for some!
  • Elite Four Members considered a threat (Edited Levels & Teams 60+)
  • All Trainers in Johto & Kanto have been changed in some way!
  • Wild Pokémon edited to fit the level of game
  • Whole game difficulty intensified!
  • All 251 Pokémon are catchable!

The Media!

You can now catch all 6 starters of Kanto & Johto!
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_01.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_02-1.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_03.png

Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_04-1.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_05.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_06.png

The Progress!

Editing (Trainers) - 31%
Editing (Wild Pokémon) - 15%

The Release!
Beta 0.1 ~ Ends at Violet City; All Trainers & Pokémon edited untill the 1st Gym.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
First Post! Well, I've been waiting for a good Crystal Hard mode. Let's see what you can do here :) Good Luck!

blue

gucci
Years
Hey, thanks! Well I can guarentee this will be hard, just to give you a hint, all of Red's team is Level 100 ;)!

Years
Okay, I just finished Beta 0.1. It was pretty great. As my first Hard Edition hack, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

Years
Wow, A crystal Hack! Cool.
Crystal was my first Pokemon game. Even now I love crystal more than any other Pokemon game including HG & SS.
Good luck mate.

Wow, A crystal Hack! Cool.
Crystal was my first Pokemon game. Even now I love crystal more than any other Pokemon game including HG & SS.
Good luck mate.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Thank-you, I'm currently working on my other game, Pokémon Fire Red Hard Version at the moment so it may be pushed back a few days but nontheless it will be completed!

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Great hack
I just played it and got stuck at the rival right before the Elite 4. I couldn't beat his jolteon. Thats a good thing. I like a challenging pokemon game. I look forward to the final.

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
hey how do i play ur games on vba?

If you are new to playing hacks, I will teach you how. First, download a program called Lunar IPS. Then, download the file attached to the first post. Then, download the Pokemon Crystal ROM from CoolRoms.

When you are finished with all of that, open Lunar IPS. Click on "Apply IPS Patch". Select the IPS file that you downloaded from the thread. Next, find the Pokemon Crystal ROM you downloaded. A messsage will appear saying that it successfully patched the ROM. Now, you are ready to play the hack!

This works for all hacks that you want to play.

If you already know how to do all that, then just disregard everything I just said.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Looks good. I normally don't play Complete Pokédex/Hard Versions, but looks like I'll make an exception for this, being as it is a GBC Hack. (love being able to run them at insane speeds)
Since you're going to make Red's whole team Level 100, does that mean you'll evolve his Pikachu?

Back