• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It has also been confirmed that Hidden burrows are located all over Unova. This is the spot where you will find the scripted Mincinno with it's Hidden Ability. However, not all contain Pokemon, as other contain items. It could be the same exact spot on two different White 2 games, however there is no guarantee that the Burrow will contain a Pokemon.

From Serebii:
Spoiler:

This is pretty interesting, though!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
When I looked at it I always was confused because it looked like it was just on top of the map and not actually on the land, but I wasn't sure if the land was actually frozen like that and Gamefreak was too lazy to actually make another map or if it was just covering up parts of the land and saying they were unaccessible. But in that movie trailer thing the town became frozen, but either way it's on the map so it must be part of the game, also with Kyurem being a part of the games somehow with its new forms and Kyurem being Ice type, I hope it'll have something to do with it being frozen.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Alright, ok. I was just gone for a week so I still have no idea what's going on with these games, lol.

I wonder if we're able to explore the frozen parts or will they be completely inaccessible? That would be really interesting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I only played through a little on the rom but the first city in the region is really nicely designed. n_n I didn't notice this before but the backdrop of where you meet Bianca is legit awesome. While I haven't explored much more I also noticed the region has more of a Johto feel (not sure why lmao) than previous games.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
the land covered in ice may well mean the land changing with the time. it might not be permanent. it might change with season. the game might start in winter as default. or the producers want to implement some thing new.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
the land covered in ice may well mean the land changing with the time. it might not be permanent. it might change with season. the game might start in winter as default. or the producers want to implement some thing new.

Nah it follows B/W's seasons system. However, there isn't anything to say that when the games are in winter the region will be enhanced and covered with ice to a greater extent. n_n Or at least that'd be nice. Unless someone hacked the winter season already :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I like the new towns, they look very nice. Alder's town seems south western native American like.
Speaking of America as anyone tried comparing the new areas to their real world counterparts?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The Old Route 10

While looking at a picture from a video (which I captured and am going to soon add to the Bulbapedia article on Opelucid City), I came to wonder something out of curiosity. Has anyone in Opelucid City ever turned on the "walk through walls" cheat and plowed through the fence at the northern exit of Opelucid City just to see what's up there? I know the unfinished-looking road is indeed the exact location of the old gatehouse (looking at the map on the article for this comparison), and the fence is in front of that spot. I'm curious if a curve in the road still shows up that ends up going into a pile of rocks, or something.

It's too bad they didn't allow surfing in Route 11 that led you through the water under the old Route 10 and perhaps into an alcove with a hidden item that got buried from the landslide, or something. That would have been a cool addition.

So my point of the thread is this: what else could have been done with the northern exit of Opelucid City? Should the landslide have stopped at the old Badge Check Gates and researchers (who take a break to battle you) be on the route instead of showoffs? Should they have simply removed the bridge and left the initial portion, perhaps with some rocks added to show something happened? Or should something else have been done?

I know I myself would like, if a third colour version (Gray?) comes up, for the story to continue another two years and Route 10 return, perhaps going in another direction to another new route and eventually a new city along the way, looping around to - say - Mistralton City north or even west of the Gym, or maybe connecting to Route 7 by the Celestial Tower. How would you like to see Route 10 brought back, if ever? Should Opelucid City in a new version simply put a new building there and remove evidence of Route 10? (I myself would like a secret area that houses a legendary - Keldeo would be perfect play-wise, while Genesect might make more sense - and a story could tie this Pokémon to doing something special to restore the area.)

Discuss away, folks. I remain curious about what's beyond that fence.

Cyclone

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I only went there once in B/W to get to the E4 >_> it's not that memorable to me. Music was cool, but besides that...nothing really special imo.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I only went there once in B/W to get to the E4 >_> it's not that memorable to me. Music was cool, but besides that...nothing really special imo.
I hang around regularly right now; it's my grinding grounds for Audinos to fight against. Helps me level up everyone I'm going to want available post-E4 when I head over to Route 11.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
They got rid of it? Aww! I never spent much time there, but the music was so AMAZING. I think it was one of my favorite musics from BW. That's sad that it's not there anymore...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They got rid of it? Aww! I never spent much time there, but the music was so AMAZING. I think it was one of my favorite musics from BW. That's sad that it's not there anymore...
Yes, they removed it. I wasn't able to upload the image I took yet, but barring that, I'll add a link to one of perhaps many videos where you can see it.

Also, this thread is regarding how you think Route 10 could have been used with the landslide storyline in B2/W2 instead of being removed completely, and also how you would bring Route 10 back or develop using the same area if another game were to begin another two years or so later. Opinions of what you thought of Route 10 in B/W do not constitute inclusion in this subject as that is a different game. (I'm stressing this as I created the topic.)

Cyclone

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years

They got rid of the area, but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that one of the Gamefreak Sound people (I think it was in Icirrus City) plays the song for you.

And for the topic, it'd be cool if it was like a special "hidden" area, post E4. I don't know if it'd be possible, but a underwater route (where you can actually use dive) to get there would have been cool, and there could be a... strong 6 Pokemon trainer (kinda like challenger's cave I think where they were at) at the end of the route, and some items.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Closed down due to construction? I don't know, that's my theory.
It would pave the way for a Grey version and something special there, that's for sure. Thing is, it's not on the map. Period. Under construction means it could open after the E4, and this one clearly doesn't because the Route isn't mapped. It makes me think the Route is removed, but I am hoping it gets reused somewhere after construction work is done to clear the path. It was actually a nice bridge crossing and out of the way darker grass area to get an item (TM05 in B/W).

Off-topic, I hope they eventually do something with the water leaving Route 11 going south, adding a beach and providing an area to swim to, or another route to the new town near Undella. Then there's under the Village Bridge, another potential usage. Driftveil could do something as well. That could all be interesting. Similarly, add a waterfall coming from Route 10 in Grey and have it lead to an area that can't be accessed from the main route (perhaps an alcove that didn't get destroyed that is buried behind landslide rocks); you all know how that would work, and it could even contain grass where a very rare Pokémon can be found; maybe catching it will contribute to clearing the rocks, make it a very strong rock type.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back