• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Distant

What Should Change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Pokemon Distant -the deserty oasis

Pokémon Distant

Awards

qyiqyx1.png
wellthatkilledanhourlv61.jpg

Storyline

You live in the large village of Cretaro, where everybody gets along well, and knows each other. The day
finally comes when you set off on your journey, but get warned you are being chased by someone who
requires information about your family's sinister history. Then, being captured, you are dumped in a
mysterious forest, not knowing where you are, or how you got here. You eventually find out you are in a
new region, and need to gain membership in order to find the people who put you here, and get back to
your home. But, will you also uncover deeper darker secrets that lie within both the new region and your
region?

Features

-Loads of new and beautiful tiles
-A massive amount of completely changed or subtly changed palettes
-A entirely new plot with twists and turns around every corner
-Some of the most gorgeous maps every displayed in a hack
-Tons of new scripts with never before seen features
-Two fully playable regions
-Brilliantly created overworlds
-Difficulty levels (Standard-Regular levels | Master-All levels multiplied by 1.5)
-A completely original storyline, unlike any others
-A brand new custom titlescreen, curtious of an anonymous fan
-Some of the most professional looking fakemon ever made.
-Five to eight rombases in one hack
-Exhaustion effect in the desert »»» Go to post
-Ability to pick 3 out of 5 possible starters
-A hack that will actually be completed

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Team

Disturbed: Mapping, Scripting, Storyline, Tile Inserting, Idealist
Thrace: Scripting, Block Help, Advisor, Use of Frozen tiles
Britney Spears: Advisor, Love and Support
Floating Monkey Pirate: Fakemon
Infernal Contraption: Overworlds

Additional Credits

Kyledove rombase
Austinia rombase
Lucario 9 rombase
Alistair tiles
Colcolstyles Map Help
Pey! tiles
Fangking Omega tiles

Support

Userbars-
None right now, needed
What YOU can do to help
Ideas, and support... and your votes in Hack of the Year!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
woot first post. i like the new tiles in the screenies.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Excellent Mapping, but I've yet to see any scripting in your Shots, or is the scripting my job >=D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Hmm, I wonder why that is XRAY!!
No seriously, I do actually wonder why.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
yeah, that was a complement lol. you seem pretty good at mapping. a lot better than me, at least lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
yeah, that was a complement lol. you seem pretty good at mapping. a lot better than me, at least lol.

I realized that was a compliment :P. And I bet eventually, you could be a great mapper, so just keep practicing.

Also, 2 more maps have been added.

Years
Very nice tiling, but could u make the grass patches bigger, cuz right now they look like bunches of grass, instead of a plain of tall grass.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
You have some great mapping skills, but I can't wait to see some of the scripts in action. Two regions sound great, but I wonder how you'll fit them all XD. The story also sounds nice.
Good luck.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Loks very good I would love to play it good luck ^^
thanks a bunch
Very nice tiling, but could u make the grass patches bigger, cuz right now they look like bunches of grass, instead of a plain of tall grass.
I don't quite understand what you mean, whether you want me to change the grass tiles or what..?

hmm a good hack for an awsome mapper well i love the story + features and well the maps and screenshots are awsome well good luck
Thanks
You have some great mapping skills, but I can't wait to see some of the scripts in action. Two regions sound great, but I wonder how you'll fit them all XD. The story also sounds nice.
Good luck.

The regions are gonna have around 8 towns/cities each, so I have space to do both.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hai. XD
The screenies look awesome!
Also, the map(pies?) look great too. :D
Keep up the great work.
Also, I wonder what the fakemon will look like....?
Also, any ideas on the starters yet? :\

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
maps and tiles look awesome story seems good too now i know why its called pokemon distant
Thanks!

Hai. XD
The screenies look awesome!
Also, the map(pies?) look great too. :D
Keep up the great work.
Also, I wonder what the fakemon will look like....?
Also, any ideas on the starters yet? :\
Wheres it say pies? Well, I'm still thinking about what the starters are going to be, most likely a fakemon will be included.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Now, I don't usually go for advance hacks,(Well actually I do, it's been a strange paradigm shift.) but this one is superb. I wish I could make tiles like that, all soft and...it's indescribable.
Keep up the good work!

-Ryan
(It's been a while since I've been using my first name actively on the boards. Actually, I've never been active. But I check every day, so I must be just lazy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back