• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Worldmap in R/S/E

Years
Tutorial How to change the Worldmap in R/S/E

to correct something, you can use this toi hide a exe or any other file, but it will not be as straight forward to get the file back out of the jpeg. there are a lot of tools to hide any type of data in a jpeg so search around this one just is easy lol. just look up stegnography or however the **** u spell itelchupathingy

raidenx2008

Beggining Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
good tut, it helps me very much, but....i`ll like to know how to change the "HOENN" to anything else...(changing the map name)

Larsie13

You mean the "HOENN MAP FULL VIEW" thing from here?
Result.png

That's an image. Can't change it with A-Text. You'll have to use unLZ.GBA for that. There are plenty unLZ tutorials in the Documents & Tutorials section.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
this is a great tutorial. but like i seen above, does this application work with the looks of the cities in the new versions like D/P/P or even HG/SS?

Larsie13

It should, yes. As a matter of fact, I can't imagine it not working. Because even though D/P/Pt/HG/SS have given the townmaps a new look, in fact, they still use the same layout as the GBA games do. You just have to change the palettes.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Thank you. This is the most comprehensive tutorial out there. The only thing is I work with fire red. But given my skill level I can surely work around that! xD I'm going to follow this guide and see what I can do with it in fire red. I'll let you know how it turns out next week.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Thx for the response. but by any chance is it possible to make the part of the map shown more of a square then a rectangle. using like scripts of anything?

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Yeah, I'm having some problems with this too. Seems awfully popular to, eh?

Here's a video up with me doing it step-by-step so someone can tell me at which point I'm shooting myself in the foot :]

http(colon)//www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=ONEI1MsgVbQ

I followed the instructions to my understanding, but still failures. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Larsie13

Yeah, I'm having some problems with this too. Seems awfully popular to, eh?

Here's a video up with me doing it step-by-step so someone can tell me at which point I'm shooting myself in the foot :]

http(colon)//www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=ONEI1MsgVbQ

I followed the instructions to my understanding, but still failures. Any ideas?
This problem seems familiar. I've solved this problem once before. You put the tileset and tilemap 1 byte apart. You should at least keep them 0x1000 bytes apart, just to be safe. So, 0xDF0000 and 0xDF1000, for instance. (I should probably put that in the first post...)
Thx for the response. but by any chance is it possible to make the part of the map shown more of a square then a rectangle. using like scripts of anything?
You could just make a square map, and add 1 black tile to the tilemap, and fill the edges of the map with that, but then you would still be able to move the cursor there. If you don't want that to be possible, then you would have to use ASM to change where the cursor could go. (Don't ask me how.)
I cant seem tp figure out how to get it to work. i made the tileset and map but when i insert them into the rom the map looks all glitchy.
Would it by any chance be the same problem EvilBloodGnome has?

limeyman

limeyman
Years
Good tutorial it was great i will follow it when I can

But can you use this in your hacks here?

Last edited:

Larsie13

Bleh. Still not working. I'll keep at it, just wish I knew what the problem was <.<
I just watched the video again, and noticed you set the codec in TileMolester to 8bpp planar. It should be 8bpp linear.
Good tutorial it was great i will follow it when I can

But can you use this in your hacks here?
"This"? You mean the tutorial? If so, yes, that's what it's supposed to be used for.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
hey wat is the size of the grid u see during the game. you didnt give the actually size. like if the entire thing is 240x160 wat is the dimensions for inside the black box?

Larsie13

hey wat is the size of the grid u see during the game. you didnt give the actually size. like if the entire thing is 240x160 wat is the dimensions for inside the black box?
You mean the area where there cursor can move in-game? That's 224*120. The leftmost and rightmost 8 pixels can't be accessed, and 24 pixels from the top and 16 from the bottom. Anything in between can be accessed by the cursor.
how to expand picture frame?
What do you mean by picture frame?

mikocoon

error? who cares?
Years
in your tutorial you say this "NOTE: Before you save, make sure to expand the picture frame, so there's some room left next to the picture, and click there to deselect the image you just pasted" and i dont know how to expand it,so i need help

Larsie13

in your tutorial you say this "NOTE: Before you save, make sure to expand the picture frame, so there's some room left next to the picture, and click there to deselect the image you just pasted" and i dont know how to expand it,so i need help
You just drag the edge of the area with the image in it, like this:
Spoiler:

Neutral12

The EV Trainer
Years
Uhh I tried doing this and things went completely wrong and I have no idea what I just did. I loaded my map on the ROM and it turned into this;

lolerror.png

And what I want it to look like is this;

regionlocationlabeled-4.png

I think I did something wrong with the unLZ but i'm not exactly sure, so I came here for help.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
Uhh I tried doing this and things went completely wrong and I have no idea what I just did. I loaded my map on the ROM and it turned into this;

lolerror.png

And what I want it to look like is this;

regionlocationlabeled-4.png

I think I did something wrong with the unLZ but i'm not exactly sure, so I came here for help.

Lemme guess....you put the raw over the normal map?.....You put in the NEXT one after the map tiles.

Back