• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca Or Cheren?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I like Cheren since I like him with these... :)

Battling style,
Personality,
Strength,

He's much challenging of an opponent than Bianca... :)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Bianca all the way.

Her sprite
Her personality
Her sprite

I also love the animation when she throws out her first Pokemon.

Years
I love Cheren better cos of these reasons:

He is intelligent
Has a good-looking sprite
His personality
He plans strategies
He is more challenging than Bianca.

Spr_BW_Cheren.png

Yeah, they don't call me a Cheren Fangirl for nothing! He is the coolest.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Hahah I knda liked both of them

CHEREN:
stronger rival
cool sprite
cool team
likes how he ponders on what Alder told him.

Bianca
Looks cute
Love how she thinks bout Pokemon
Kinda funny wanting to be everyone's bodyguard.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Cheren is better. :3 While his team was easier to beat, I preferred his character as well as his design. n_n Plus he reminded me of Jake while Bianca reminded me of nobody.

Also guys, just a note that you shouldn't be posting your responses based on their B2W2 characters. I know that's obvious but people tend to do this often, sooo just getting in early!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Cheren because of his design (he looks a bit like me), no-nonsense personality and good character development throughout the game. His team is okay though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Bianca
Looks cute
Love how she thinks bout Pokemon
Kinda funny wanting to be everyone's bodyguard.
And then when Munna got stolen, Iris had to help her. Didn't Iris become HER bodyguard?

I like Cheren better myself. This may be because I think more like him. Being as strong as you can be is the way to go, but at the same time, you have to be nice to your Pokémon and not push them too hard. I tend to push them sometimes or forget to swap out before an in-game battle. Oops. :)

Cyclone

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I hate Cheren, a newb trainer who thinks he knows it all just because he studied a little bit. He looks very arrogant to me.

I don't like Bianca much either but my vote goes to her.

WolfricX

Water-Typer Master.
Years
I like them both.

Cheren is a good strategist and has a good head for battling, and in some aspects more of a challenge for awesomely awesome trainers like me (although I still beat him pretty easily O.O).

Bianca understands her pokemon more and is more compassionate as well as she has a good sense of humor, she is like a walking comedy show! Although she can seem a bit cluttered (in a strangely good way) at times.

As I said before I like them both and appreciate the different quality they like best.

Weirdly formal rant/opinion over!

-Wolfric

Years
I prefer Biance.
Upsides of Bianca

She looks cute
She loses things
She is funny

Downsides of Bianca
She is easy to beat

I hate Cheren

Upsides of Cheren
He is hard to beat
He is battleable very day

Downsides of Cheren
He is too much like me
He is arrogant (like me)
He thinks he knows everything (like me)
He wears stupid glasses
He exists (like me)

Anyway Bianca has the type advantage over Cheren so she wins.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I prefered Bianca. She had a better personality and a better design to my mind. And, she's the very first female rival, who, besides, choose the starter which is weaker than your, that's really something. She wasn't a basic rival, contrary to Cheren that was good too nevertheless.

Monasti

Unknown master
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
Cheren just seemed more of a rival to me. Before I battled him, all the way through the game, I checked the levels of my pokemon, made sure they had good moves and put them in a good order.

With Bianca I just powered straight through, like it was nothing.

In a rival in the games, I prefer something quite difficult to work with, and it seemed Cheren was a better fit for me than Bianca.

Also, Cheren is a lot like me, doesn't think much about the future, only about the task he's trying to complete at the time. Bianca thinks too much.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
With Bianca I just powered straight through, like it was nothing.
I must not be the norm. This is where my distaste of the legendary monkeys first came to pass, as I was still battling Bianca with only the non-evolved forms and figured I would outmatch her with type, but that proved difficult itself (duh), then I got a surprise critical hit against me that forced me to change my strategy mid-battle. I got down to my final two Pokémon. Not one of my proudest moments.

Cheren on the other hand came at me with all he got, but I knew he was coming after the Legend Badge and made sure I got the right team along for the trip.

So in terms of final storyline battles, I found Bianca's tougher. Given how she seems to act like a pushover, that surprised me.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I actually had an easier time with Cheren than I did with Bianca despite the obvious advantage you have over her. XD

I really liked Bianca more cause she goes through better character development than Cheren did. Cheren just seemed like a less insulting clone of Silver.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I don't know if anyone will agree with me, but I found them to be annoying, at least compared to gen1 and gen2's rivals. I'm not drowning in nostalgia or anything, but ever since Gen3, I never liked the rivals. XD
Between Cheren and Bianca, though, I liked Cheren more.

Back