• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you think about the Pokewalker?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The little pokeball device you received when purchasing either a copy of HG or SS,did you have a use for it? Did you find walking around to find certain items or Pokemon irritating or was it worth it?

Did you find the Pokemon you could find interesting or was there nothing special about them? I personally never tried using the Pokewalker to be honest since I thought you had to walk tonnes to just encounter a Pokemon xD.

Eventually I lost it, but it didn't affect me too much since I've never actually had a purpose for it. What about you?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I got my enjoyment out of it, but it didn't last long. It was good to have your own Pokemon companion walk around you and in a way it got me going and encouraged me to walk around and whatnot, but in the end, the rewards weren't really worth it, and over time I got a bit boring and bland. Nevertheless it was a great little incentive to buy the games and if I had to choose whether or not to have it, I'd choose to have it. (Even though it's lost somewhere and I haven't used it in about a year.)

Sirfetch’d

I only used mine once. It just wasn't worth the time, IMO. It was a cool idea for those who liked it though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Used it pretty often, especially for those unobtainable Berries. But for obtaining Pokemon...it's hard to get the wanted Pokemon. And it gets tedious because of this.

Years
I loved it! it wasn't a way to obtain items or to get certain pokemons for me, it was the idea that I had my favorite pokemon walk around with me that amused me so much!

I don't use it as much now since the new gen, but I check on my salamence there every now and then x3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just love the idea, catching new pokemon exclusive to the Pokewalker and having the pokemon get some exp just by walking.
But sadly I didn't get one, since I got a used copy of HG ='(

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Ya, I used it a lot, surprisingly. Usually when I started a new game, I would use it to get rare and interesting Pokémon early on, instead of possibly having to travel to Kanto later on to find them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Loved it. Mine came to university with me and on nights out and everything haha! My Murkrow lived in there for ages, but now my shiny Charizard's there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Eh. It was interesting at first but then it was kind of worthless to me.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I loved it at first, but it got stale quickly. It just isn't a really useful tool for catching Pokemon or getting berries, though it does help with raising friendship for some evolutions, especially if you can walk AND shake it a lot too.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I don't own one, since my copy of SS was used, but I've heard multiple stories of people putting the PokeWalker in their dryer. That just makes things unrealistic, I mean really, putting it in the dryer?

Years
I got a Pokewalker with my SoulSilver. However I never used it.

I know the Pokewalker has no effect on gameplay so I didn't even bother using it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I used it a LOT when I first began playing. As time progressed, I still used it as a pedometer but I didn't utilize its game features as often. Perhaps if they had more international PokeWalker events it would have seen more use from me.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I also used it quite a bit when the game first came out and i liked carrying my pokemon around with me. But then it got a little wierd and useless and i stopped using it.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I walk sooooo much, so I was loaded. I also found the device to broaden the whole gaming experience. I felt like I was always working away at the game even while at work or something.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I liked it when I had mine. But I lost mine on a Cruise a few months after getting mine so I didn't care afterwards.

Back