• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ghetsis vs Ghetsis

Sirfetch’d

Ghetsis is one of the seven sages and leader of Team Plasma. He is the main antagonist of Black and White was well as Black 2 and White 2. However his plans are different between the games.

In the originals his plan was to have every trainer to release their Pokemon so that he could be the only person to have Pokemon and dominate Unova. He manipulated N into capturing Zekrom/Reshiram to help accomplish this and later calls N a failure for failing to succeed.

In the sequels rather than just having all trainers to release their Pokemon he plans to freeze all of Unova destroying the homes of many Pokemon in attempt to control the region. He fails once again.

Which of Ghetsis's plans do you think was more evil? Which on had a better chance of succeeding? Is Ghetsis the most evil antagonist yet?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'm sure that his plan to freeze Unova was certainly the more dastardly of his two plans. Because in my opinion it might be liable to killing people and Pokemon and not just their attempts to destroy homes in order to steal Pokemon. If I was in the Pokemon World and I was caught in the incident I wouldn't be able to live in such a cold area, let alone any Pokemon who isn't an Ice-type.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Ghetsis is more evil on the plan to freezing Unova region. He even tries to freeze the main character who tries to stop his plans on freezing Unova.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Honestly i liked B2W2 Ghetsis better because he was more evil and had a bit more chance at succeeding.Also because in BW he didn't play that much of a role imo anyways.And yes i would say he is the most evil antagonist as of yet.

Years
I'd have to B2W2 Ghetsis was much more evil, as I think in the Japanese version of the games he tries to kill the MC with icicles. (Let alone the mass destruction via ice) So yeah, I'd say his attempt to destroy a whole region was more evil than trying to have pokemon all to himself. The first one had a better chance since he had N as his poster boy to charm the masses into following along without them knowing. Also, he was crazy in B2W2, and I feel like that probably lowered his chances of success slightly :P I don't think Ghetsis is the most evil one yet... I can't really say who the most evil one is as they all seem about equal to me. (except Maxie and Archie, they're just kind of stupid, no offense hoenn!)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think his plan in B/W was based more on deception and tricking people into believing something, which was smart.
In the sequel though he is way more evil in all-out-destruction way, trying to freeze the whole Region, so the B2/W2 Ghetsis is way more dangerous

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If given a weapon, B/W Ghetsis would try to talk you into using it on yourself.

If given a weapon, B2/W2 Ghetsis would not hesitate to use it himself on you.

The winner is obvious.

Cyclone

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
I honestly could not make sense of what Ghetsis was trying to do in the first games, but in black and white 2, his plan was a lot more straight forward. Freezing the world with a legendary Pokemon is far more dangerous than whatever he was trying to do in the original black and white. As for being the most evil antagonist, I'd have to say he ties with Cyrus because they practically have the same character with similar plans of forming a new world by destroying the old.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uhhh yeah Ghetsis is certainly evil. :( But the most evil? I'm not really sure! By far he was more evil in B2/W2 but in BW I found him pretty evil, too... idk. He was better at brainwashing back then?? And since then he's just became crazy with powerrr.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Ghetsis? I could say he's pretty much an evil person. I mean, in the first two games, he tried to manipulate everyone to release everyone's Pokémon so he could dominate the whole region, and in the next two games, he tries to freeze Unova (mainly Opelucid City and the other routes next to it) to create destruction to the region itself and rule it over. I say that he was a brain washer at first, then he became a mad man. That pretty much defines him very well.

And really, he tried to kill the protagonist in B2/W2; I think that was the first time an antagonist tried to kill a protagonist directly in a Pokémon game. Doesn't that make him a really evil person?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Nah. Just a raving lunatic with court-imposed conditions to never be around children again. [/RealWorldJoke]

Cyclone

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
B2/W2 Ghetsis's plan was the more evil of the two, whilst B/W Ghetsis's plan had the highest chance of succeeding. Though I personally think that the original Ghetsis should've dressed like a priest while convincing others.

Pokemaster234

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Ghetsis,Well this may explain you at this:
Me playing B\W:Hey,it's N's father!He wants that people release their pokemon?Well it sounds that he is one of the "standard" bad guys that want to free pokemon!I will not let that!

Me playing B2\W2:Ghetsis?!,What happened to you in the years?!Oh my god he wants to freeze me! He's gone cold(haha two sided joke because he wants to kill me with kyurem)

as you can see,I think B2\W2 he was an ridicously evil guy,yet in B\W i think he was just a bad guy

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
I agree with everyone who has said B2/W2, I mean he 1st planned to control Unova by being the only one with pokemon, so failing this he decided to go mega evil and attempt to freeze Unova, seriously he had this done then he would have been a threat to be reckoned with, even for other trainers in other regions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The second plan was more evil. He actually planned to have Kyurem freeze the player so that he/she can watch (frozen), unable to do anything as his/her beloved home froze over, classic villain right there.
I however think that his first plan was better, as it wasn't very "take over the world" as his second.

Back