• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: The Ultimate Black/White Demake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
titlescreenc.png

Whazzup and welcome to the one and only Pokemon B/W demake, Pokemon Catalyst!

Bag_Dream_Ball_Sprite.png
Needs Immediate Attention:
Bag_Dream_Ball_Sprite.png

Okay, so I don't own any of the Black/White games yet and so I don't know the maps except for walkthroughs on YouTube. Please sign up for mp-shower-so-I-know-what-goes-where person.

Oh, and, this thread doesn't have much spoiler blocks put up (my Browser has trouble opening up too many spoilers, stupid Firefox) so if you don't want the game spoiled for you, TURN BACK NOW.

Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
Info:
Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png

ROM: Pokemon Fire Red v1.0
Language: English
Handsome dude creating it: Teh Blazer

Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
Background Info:
Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png

Yes, Pokemon Black and White is totally awesome and I could never get all of it into one Fire Red ROM. But hey, who hasn't wanted to play B/W without the haggle of a DS emulator? Nobody. Now, this won't be an exact remake, I don't want to bore you guys (things will hopefully be very different, while not being so obviously different). I don't know how to script in triple battles (sorry guys!) nor Subway Battles. Also, the Dream World will mostly be different, along with various other things. Perhaps a new storyline?

Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Epic Storyline:
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

The Pokemon world has thrived for years off of the teamwork of Pokemon and humans, for without humans there'd be no brains and without Pokemon there'd be no muscle. Eventually though people began to notice their power over the Pokemon and began to harness their powers for their own selfish needs. Soon people learned how dominant they could be, essentially being able to tame hurricanes and qualm forest fires with the flick of a wrist. Soon Pokemon were these lesser creatures who only did their master's bidding. Day after day Pokemon became slaves to their trainers, whom they no longer looked to as trainers but more of masters. At least, that's what PETA wants you to think.

Team Plasma has noticed this unequal balance between Pokemon and human and vows to stop it. Of course Ghetis has noticed he can't do this alone so he calls his son, N, to aide him in this journey. With Team Plasma and the Dark Trinity banning together, there is no way their plan could be stopped. But why does acquiring Zekrom and Reshiram have to do with anything? Why is Ghetis so focused on harnessing Kyurem's power? Is this really a crusade for equality, or has Ghetis something else planned in mind? You, young hero, must figure that out for yourself.​

Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
Features:
Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png

-Some places will be revamped and changed! Just for that twist of a challenge!
-The new Dream World holds plenty of surprises
-Stop the nefarious Team Plasma and Dark Trinity!
-This is only one game, so ALL Pokemon are obtainable
-Fiddle with the legendary Pokemen! (Yes, because Pokemons just sounds plain weird)
-Maybe some ASM stuff, who knows? Perhaps JPAN's patch?
-A return of the magical "rare" patches of grass/water!
-Cheren has green text while Bianca (Belle) has light blue. Just for that extra flavor.

Bag_Sport_Ball_Sprite.png
Differences from the Real Deal:
Bag_Sport_Ball_Sprite.png

-Team Plasma is leaded by Ghetis while the Dark Trinity is leaded by N.
-Storyline is completely changed to fit both Black/White and Black2/White2
-All areas are accessible (so you can go to BOTH Black City and White Forest)
-Dream World revamped. Only able to get there with Musharna and the C Gear. No other Pokemon with you.
-Any ideas?

Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Activities:
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Activity One
Well, since Pokemon Grey has already been taken (Yes, I'm talking to you astar_01) I'm in need of a new name for this remake. If you have a name you think is awesome and not used, then by all means, tell me it!
Name is decided.

Activity Two
Like I said earlier, I'm going to have a lot of free Pokemon space from B/W only having 156 Pokemon and the Fire Red Pokedex having three-hundred something. So if you have some super Fakemon, and I accept it into the game, then you'll be seeing your Pokemon in the game! No questions asked!
Fakemon idea has been scrapped.

Activity Three
The best part about somebody else's hack is the fact that you feel like you did something with it. Don't you get that jittery feeling when you see your fakemon inserted into a game (legally, of course) and know "Hey, I did that. Now the world will see my awesomeness". No? Just me? Oh…. then the third activity is for you to post any ideas you have to make it better (not like map changes or edits to the storyline, but like little things here and there to improve the overall enjoyment of this hack). To not confuse any people, things like adding a gambling area, or a bank, or a Trick House like in R/S/E. Well, start posting!

Activity Four
Coming Soon to a hack near you...

Bag_Friend_Ball_Sprite.png
Screens:
Bag_Friend_Ball_Sprite.png

NOTE: I haven't changed the OW's yet, that's why Prof. Juniper (Araragi) is a man.
screen1qd.png
screen2we.png
screen3ee.png
screen4fc.png
81993089.png
91784942.png

screen7rp.png
screen8y.png
screen10z.png

screen11w.png
screen12o.png
screen14f.png

32633591.png

Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png
Downloads:
Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?4snq1yn3364274v

Bag_Level_Ball_Sprite.png
Those Pesky Bugs:
Bag_Level_Ball_Sprite.png

When going to Route 1 via script, there is a brief second where you see doubles of your rivals. Pretty unfixable.
Not really a bug, but the overworlds aren't changed yet.

Bag_Safari_Ball_Sprite.png
Progress:
Bag_Safari_Ball_Sprite.png

Mapping: Up to Dream Yard
Scripting: Scripted up to Striaton CIty
Inserting: None besides the Pokemon you'd encounter up to Striaton City (Lilipup, starters, Purrloin, and Patrat)
Total: Need help finding a complete map of the Dreamyard
BETA?: Third Gym. Assuming I make it that far.

Bag_Heavy_Ball_Sprite.png
Credits: (So they won't sue me)
Bag_Heavy_Ball_Sprite.png

JPAN: For his epic Hacked Engine
Black Charizard: For his epic "super color" titlescreen thing
TB Pro & Astar_01: For making these epic indexed B/W sprites and sharing them. What a guy.
lalo0101, zein: For the ROM Base (What? Did you expect me to say "epic" again?), for transparent tiles in the rom base
Kyledove: B/W tiles
Wesley FG: B/W Tiles
Alucus, Novus, and calisprojects.com: Poke"gym"/Center tiles
Derlo & Dante: Grass-thingy tiles
Patpatl: Help with overworlds
tacticalbread: First Userbar
ExitWound: Second Userbar
Quickster: Helping me get past the pesky Route 1 script. You're a hero.

Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Claims:
Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png

-The best game created by Teh Blazer
-The FIRST B/W demake!
-Second hack with season change, well, I hope I can add season change
-Waffles

643.png
Adorable Userbars:
644.png

liIlR.png

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/liIlR.png
21lluo6.png

Code:
http://i51.tinypic.com/21lluo6.png
Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
FAQ:
Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png

Q: What the cornmuffinz?! This sucks as a presentation!
A: Thanks, like you could do any better. (If you can, wanna help? There's a shiny invisible nickel in it for you!)

Q: What an awesome game! Can I help you?
A: Sure, I don't have a team set up (The last time I had one up and it died, my fault) but PM me and I'm sure we can figure something out.

Q: WOW TEH HACk IS BEST!!11! KTHNXBAI!! :) :) :) :) :)
A: Umm………. okay. NOW GET OUT.

Thank you for your time and drop by to say "Hi" to your friend (Okay, maybe I use the term friend loosely. Companion? Buddy? Person you know? Stalker?) and enjoy my Activities Section I set up. It was meant to be enjoyed.​

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I'm presuming that this hack will have the Black/White Tiles in it when they are remade by someone into GBA pallete forms correct? It would add to the over-all affect. So far, it sounds like an amazing idea to demake a game. This new game is going to be challenging, some scripts are all but impossible for GBA, but those can be tweaked I guess. If you ever need help with the tile-inserting or anything, just let me know. Looking good.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Thank you, I really hope this game goes far. I planned out a few things, so hopefully these features will be implemented some time. Sadly, I'm hacking on a mac (don't judge me!) so tools and resources are limited. Could you help me with tile inserting in a future time? That is probably my biggest challenge.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Yay, somebody's using my indexed B/W sprites! I was meaning to test them out, how do the backsprites look, I had some comments that they were too low(i'll explain more if needed) and I would like the opinion of someone that inserted them. :P

Anyways, I would like to see some scripting and whatnot as well as some screens of the Pokemon inserted. ;D
If you need any help, just shoot me a PM. Good luck with this!

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2011
Ill be ur translator!!! I can speak japanese and i live in america! I am really good at both

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Hmm, a B/W demake. I guess you will be using the English names as soon as they are revealed?

Well, seeing as D/P/Pt demakes didn't get too far in the past, it is natural for doubts for this, but considering that you are determined, I'll overlook it.

As for name, that could be harder... Why not Pokemon Shade, seeing as Black and White are technically shades?

Anyway, if this gets far, I will try it, and I will hope to see how you will play the 2 legendaries (perhaps similar to Emerald, in that they fight...) What will definitely be interesting is how you will allow the White Forest and the... Was it Black City? I can't remember...

Oh and the plural for Pokemon is... Pokemon. Like the plural for sheep is sheep.

I can't comment on much more, as you've not shown much. The maps, I presume are perfect demakes of the official ones? Either way, I don't like the number of flowers, but that is just me. No scripts shown yet, tiles that are due to change... Hard to criticise due to the changes you plan and that if you want it exact, you can't change the maps when they are criticised...

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I have a suggestion for the name. Pokémon Blite.

Good luck with your project.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
How about Pokemon Yin and Yang?
Pokemon Dark and Light?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Yay, somebody's using my indexed B/W sprites! I was meaning to test them out, how do the backsprites look, I had some comments that they were too low(i'll explain more if needed) and I would like the opinion of someone that inserted them.

Anyways, I would like to see some scripting and whatnot as well as some screens of the Pokemon inserted. ;D If you need any help, just shoot me a PM. Good luck with this!

The sprites are totally great! Some I had to repoint for, but all in all, great!

I got a few screens for you: (Note~ I didn't change the names yet)
scep.png
walrein.png
dusc.png

Ill be ur translator!!! I can speak japanese and i live in america! I am really good at both

Really?! Great! I'll send you a PM and maybe we can works things out! ^ ^

Hmm, a B/W demake.

I guess you will be using the English names as soon as they are revealed?

Well, seeing as D/P/Pt demakes didn't get too far in the past, it is natural for doubts for this, but considering that you are determined, I'll overlook it.

As for name, that could be harder... Why not Pokemon Shade, seeing as Black and White are technically shades? Anyway, if this gets far, I will try it, and I will hope to see how you will play the 2 legendaries (perhaps similar to Emerald, in that they fight...) What will definitely be interesting is how you will allow the White Forest and the... Was it Black City? I can't remember...

Oh and the plural for Pokemon is... Pokemon. Like the plural for sheep is sheep.

I can't comment on much more, as you've not shown much. The maps, I presume are perfect demakes of the official ones? Either way, I don't like the number of flowers, but that is just me. No scripts shown yet, tiles that are due to change... Hard to criticise due to the changes you plan and that if you want it exact, you can't change the maps when they are criticised...

-I actually think I will let you customize Cheren's name and keep Bel's name, since it's so short.
-Finding out where to put Black City (You got it right) and white Forest will definitely be fun. Oh boy, I can't wait.
-Thanks, I also never knew sheep plural version was sheep. I thought it was something along the lines of sheepi, like cacti for cactus.
-I don't want to keep every map perfectly like the original, if I add just a little bit of originality, It'll be better. In the actual B/W games, Route 1 has tons of flowers (it also has this real nice animation where flowers float across the screen) on either sides so I decided to have one of those patches of flowers, which just so happened to covered with them.

I have a suggestion for the name. Pokémon Blite.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks, I'll consider.

How about Pokemon Yin and Yang?
Pokemon Dark and Light?

Nice, I'll put it into the random hat!

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
What about Pokemon Heaven and Hell?
Btw, are You going to insert some 5th gen Pokemon (with other random Pokemon), or all 5th gen Pokemon (with other random Pokemon), or maybe all 649 Pokemon? (Yeah I see someone insert all 493 Pokemon in his hack (GBA actually has 65536 Pokemon and I know the program to change Name, moves, etc. (but not sprite)))
And please don't insert fakemon cuz that will ruined my game

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
What about Pokemon Heaven and Hell?
Btw, are You going to insert some 5th gen Pokemon (with other random Pokemon), or all 5th gen Pokemon (with other random Pokemon), or maybe all 649 Pokemon? (Yeah I see someone insert all 493 Pokemon in his hack (GBA actually has 65536 Pokemon and I know the program to change Name, moves, etc. (but not sprite)))
And please don't insert fakemon cuz that will ruined my game
Lol you can't insert anymore than 386 Pokemon into Fire Red, with Pokedex data, so catching them would be invalid. And I'm quite sure he knows of YAPE, and he said in the first post they will all be inserted. once I resize them all :P

---

I just noticed you might add religion into this hack, please don't, it will only cause problems with forum members.
The sprites look nice, but I would like to see the backsprites as well to see if I did them correctly. ;D
Anyways, major luck, and don't hesitate to PM me if you need any help. :)

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
This hacks looks ok but how are you going to do all those scripts and Huin City? It will be very interseting to see, also there is a rom base patch that has the starter town house Tile.
But anyway good luck
P.S who inserted those sprites........

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Lol nice hack you've got here.
I was waiting to see how long it took for somebody to make a B/W demake.
I'm glad to see it looks professional and all!
Oh, sorry about the name thing... But I got there first! ;)
As for the 5th Gen Sprites, It's nice to see you used my Emboar sprite. (I let TB Pro use it in his pack). :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
This hacks looks ok but how are you going to do all those scripts and Huin City? It will be very interseting to see, also there is a rom base patch that has the starter town house Tile.
But anyway good luck
P.S who inserted those sprites........
I'm sure he inserted them...

Lol nice hack you've got here.
I was waiting to see how long it took for somebody to make a B/W demake.
I'm glad to see it looks professional and all!
Oh, sorry about the name thing... But I got there first! ;)
As for the 5th Gen Sprites, It's nice to see you used my Emboar sprite. (I let TB Pro use it in his pack). :)
Yeah I forgot to mention this earlier, but you should credit Astar as well for the Enbuoo sprite. ;3

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
You know, i've always been waiting for someone to make one of these.

It looks good so far, keep it up!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Teh Blazer, I can translate if you want? I've got loads of free time available.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How are you going to resize Pendoraa? It's so huge.
Well,you have a quite neat idea. What shocked me was the religion in the hack. What if you're an attheist?! it is too uncanon and very controversive. O_O
Don't insert Fakemon in this hack.
It's a demake. It would be #@$^ very stupid for the game. Keep it natural. It would be MUCH better then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back