• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
I found this hack the other day lurking around, and I must say, it is a very good one. The version I'm playing is the 2009 beta. I don't know if there are any newer ones.

One thing:

I don't know if this is supposed to be like this, but I think it shouldn't...
The woman just north of Mt. Boulder, the one past the Kirby-obsessed dude, gives you a Water Stone after you've beaten Karpman.

14csf0y.png

This woman.

The thing is... If you exit the screen, and enter again (like, a new name appears on the top left corner), or enter a building, she would give you the stone again and again, ad infinitum. Thought I should report it :P

Wonderful hack, btw. =)

EDIT!

Also, it seems to be a typo on the attacks. My Growlithe just learned 'Odor Slueth', instead of Odor Sleuth.

Last edited:
Years
I played the 2009 beta released on January 2009 last week and it is still fun to play. I guess next month is the final beta? Seeing the only things inaccessible are north Goldenrod, Bugsy's prize, South Rijon, and other changes to Rijon itself. I guess South Rijon won't have eight badges South Rijon somewhat replaces the Sevii aftergame but with more added to it. But I think there will be four badges maybe? Will the One-Three island town map be changed to show the only accessible parts of Johto?

what I heard is the final beta would be released around the time of the final beta for Prism, but I could be wrong.

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
Kudos to you and your hack. Well developed, and actually releasing a beta that has more than an hour of game play is admirable. Great hack overall, and if you still continue with it, then thats a bonus!

Years
I think the next beta was supposed to be released after Prism's next beta was released. I think it might mean the next beta after the Summer 2010 Beta or after the Summer 2010 Beta but I'm not sure 100% though. But in the next beta we get to see the rest of Goldenrod City, the thing Bugsy gives us after beating him and as said before the South Rijion Gym Leader challenge. I doubt it will have eight gyms since it probably isn't as big of a region as Rijon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hey, guys?

Sorry, but I have a question.

I have a gloom, and when I went to use Sun Stone on it, it simply said "Huh?", but then no evolution? What's up?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Hey, guys?

Sorry, but I have a question.

I have a gloom, and when I went to use Sun Stone on it, it simply said "Huh?", but then no evolution? What's up?

Where are you in the game? If it is before you get the national dex upgrade, that is the reason. You get that message when a pokemon tries to evolve into a Gen 2 pokemon or later. Just keep playing and eventually you'll get it, and then you can evolve your Gloom. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Where are you in the game? If it is before you get the national dex upgrade, that is the reason. You get that message when a pokemon tries to evolve into a Gen 2 pokemon or later. Just keep playing and eventually you'll get it, and then you can evolve your Gloom. :)

Oh! Thank you so much for answering so fast!

I'm at the beginning still, actually. I'm the type to grind my pokes for hours on ends, haha. That's why I have such high levels so early.

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
can you catch any legendarys in the current beta?

ive changed the the save type to flash 128 and i still get error code 0001 im on windows xp, pc.

Last edited:

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
i did that, no luck. its strange, all the settings are correct, flash 128, automatic, what am i missing, im using 1.7.2 i tried 1.8.1 same problem.

lol i figured it out, using my old school knowledge of Pokemon just use VGA version 1.5.1 it works fine.

what are the seven eve evolutions in this game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
anybody know where the poke flute is? because im stuck in the part where you're about to reach johto, but a snorlax blocks your way.

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
how can i evolve scyther in rijon ?

where hpw do you get the 6th badge, i got the 7th somehow! im missing the psi badge? all the routes are bloked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
im playing this on my phone its awesome when is going to be release its new beta or final. .how can i put patch using my phone. .where can i get coin case and ralts. .decent team to defeat the third gym who uses vileplume33 sceptile40

Years
The 8th gym is in Eaugulou City. You need to get the Mist Stone first. You get the Mist Stone after you beat Scientist Conrad at the Silph Warehouse in Botan Outskirts. I will explain the whole thing later.

Years
why no gym leaders are there in castro valley im stock . maybe this is not the latest beta can anyone give me link the 2009 beta in .gba cause im only playing this game in my phone

anyone help me please its says invicible but ive been searching the whole room

Last edited:
Years
After beating Seashore Gym. Go to Merson Backpacker's Hotel. Talk to the old man to go to the spa. Get Rock Smash and use it to get to the girls spa. Find a Go-Goggles in there. In Eaugulou City you go to the park. Go to the Cave Area to go to the desert area. Get the item by the Rock Smash rocks and give it to Sotamora in Hayward. You'll get strength. Go to Tan Boat Creek, enter the cave by surfing the lake. When you find a place that has a north cave entrance enter it. You should be in the ice cave and have 7 badges since the next part involves waterfall, find waterfall and use it to get to back cave where an important character talks about Lugia. Leave the cave and head to Botan City. Go to the building that looks like Silph Co. After talking to the man in there go to Haunted Forest and battle Team Rocket. Then go through the forest to the girl and save her from the Gengar. After going back to the Silph Co. like building go to the burial ground and talk to the ghost woman by the puddle to get a Pokeflute. You should have gotten a Bicycle from Jaeru City. Go up Cycling Road, battle Snorlax. Go through Johton Pass and when you reach the gatehouse at the end go north and you should be in Route 34. Head north to Goldenrod City and enter the orange Pokemon Center. Talk to Prof. Tim and a Rocket Grunt will appear and take the machine parts. Head back to Botan Outskirts and you can now enter the Silph Warehouse.

Back