• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chocolate Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Sorry about that, I'm just posting to tell everyone that I am still working on Chocolate Green. I'm doing some fine tuning and improving the game a little, putting a little more effort than previously. The next update will take a while longer than originally.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Thank you for being understanding. Pokemon Chocolate Green will be continued on.

Anyway, when you start the game, Dr. Pine is absent from his lab, therefore, when you meet his assistant, she will help you choose your first Pokémon. The PokéGear will have a use in later versions of the game, and I decided to still use the PokeGear. If you have any other questions, do not ask them in a rude way, be supportive.

Wait a minute, I saw your Pokémon Eon thread and it got a lot of comments, not to mention a lot of good comments. Pokemon Chocolate Green is receiving bad comments. I'll need to pay more attention to your game for a reference for Episode 3.

Anyway, the last bit of Episode 2 has been finished. Sorry if it was short, but it will take a while for me to finish Episode 3, as I'll pay more attention.

Sorry about not editing the intro, I do not have a sprite for Doctor Pine to replace the Professor Oak at the beginning. Once I get a viable picture, Chocolate Green will have a better intro.

I don't get that many good posts, or posts for that matter. About 65% of those 52 posts are me, bumping the thread.
Even if it remains quiet I'll keep going.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I'm someone who's really interested in both mapping and story. From your screenies, the mapping looks poor and unrefined (maybe try asking for advice in the screenshot thread, or look for references as a "starting point" for your own maps). The story also appears undeveloped and reflects more of an alpha version than a beta, for the same reasons already given by other individuals who have already posted.

I'm also seeing a few grammar errors in the screenies; being an English major, it's perhaps more bothersome to me than it might be for others.

Suggestions: have someone edit your text and reorganize your thread so the story is clearer and more detailed. Sort these details out yourself and edit your post accordingly.

Also, like I've already said, you should post maps in the screenie thread as to receive valuable feedback. If a game's mapping is poor, it'll turn a lot of people off :(

Good luck; I'll come back later and see if there's any progress.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Sorry for poor grammar in-game, but I am working on fixing a few aspects of the game.

Happy Wednesday, the newest version of Pokemon Chocolate Green is on its way. Just posting to ensure Pokemon Chocolate Green remains worked on. I haven't given the project up yet.

In Episode 3, you will meet two more of your six rivals. One on them is named Miriam, who will team up with you on your way to the next city. You'll battle the other new rival in front of the second gym.

Remember the Weekly Siblings from Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Well, they're back, and they give off ribbons when they meet you. Wesley of Wednesday will be the first one you encounter on your journey, being located on Route 3. The other six siblings won't be meetable until you defeat the second gym leader, Caiden, who uses Dark-type Pokémon.

Spoiler:

What else, there are also Five Professional Trainers that battle you on the weekdays. For instance, on Thursdays, you can battle Natalie, a master of Steel-type Pokémon.

Good luck, and hope you are looking forward to Chapter 3.

Spoiler:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
It's Thursday for me :D

Can I see some screenshots please, I don't want to download a game if these points haven't been cleared up! You have enough posts to show them here and not send me to another page.

Personally, I hate the name "Chocolate Green", what's next, "Supermarkets Money Saving Summer Fruits With Abstracts Of Sun Flower Oil"...

Wesley being my first encounter, do you mean, meet, or battle? Because, what if I played this on a Friday... He shouldn't be there, right?

Criticism is a way of life, take it and use it how you will... Rudeness is childsplay, let them be rude, just ignore them, nobody here who really enjoys making games etc. will be rude, knowing how hard it actually is to make one with 60% correct grammar and tiles and who knows what else, making one 100% perfect, is almost impossible, Missingno. anyone!

Before you use 432,243 Pokémon, or whatever they're up to now, try and picture and then write down, ones you won't be using... Will weed out clutter and unbalanced battles.

Your maps need to --->look<--- as busy as they can with enough space to move.

To many characters with "special" events will get tricky, can you do this equally? Nothing worse than playing a game and a character you met many times at the start, has decided to leave the game for no reason.

Are you working alone? If so, maybe get a team together, these people don't need to be college professors or English majors or even smart, creative is what you want/need.

My rant is over, show me screenshots please :)

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I will post new screenshots, but I am busy with updating the game. The upgrade will be done next week.

If you do not reach Route 3 on a Wednesday, you may encounter another weekly sibling before Wesley.

And you're right about working alone. It's easier for a collaborative project to be done.

The next release should be done by next week.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Warning! Prepare to be humiliated. Episode 3 is just released. Sorry if I didn't put enough effort into it, I'll try better with Episode 4.

Spoiler:

Episode 4 should feature the last 2 rivals as well as the first female Gym Leader, she's Gym Leader number 3.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Sorry to give a minor update, but Episode 4 is being worked on. It will take a while.

As a sneak peak, a brief picture of the closest I can get to the next gym Leader's face shall be printed right here, curtesy of Hapurianen's Pokemon Trainer Creator. Keep in mine that she will wear a sky-blue suit.

faceshotgymcg3.png

More unimportant screenshots are on their way. Prepare for humiliation.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Over Nine Thousand Percent Sorry.... Due to making a mess of the region map, I decided to cease the production on Pokemon Chocolate Green until further notice. I will change plans to create "Pokemon Virus Lavender", which, like Chocolate Green, will include all 649 Pokemon. Now recruiting a team for Pokemon Virus Lavender. For now, I request this topic to be closed until further notice.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
No offense, but with behaviour like this, no one is going to take you seriously as a game maker (I for one don't). Also, you're using the term "hiring" loosely. Unless you'll be paying real money to your participants, the correct word would be "recruiting".

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I admit it! I am a terrible game maker.

I need assistance for my newest project, but I will not be around for a while. Good luck!

EDIT: Edited the post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back