• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Remote file is too large

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Hey, so I was wanting to use this...
rollcall01.gif

...as my Avatar, but I keep getting the "Remote file is too large", what will I need to do to allow it to work.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
You'll have to make the image smaller. Or find a way to reduce the file size.

Im having another problem, I can't save it to my pc to change it without it losing the ability to change pictures, it sticks to the first one, and I can't change it on Photobucket because it dosn't have a size smaller than what this is.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Some images have issues with that. Though I'm not too sure how to fix it. You could ask someone who knows how to make gif images though.

Another option is you can donate for a larger upload file size, but that's up to you really.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Ok i'll ask in the art section if someone can help, I would donate but I really don't have the money to atm, school bills and rent have to come before a picture on a website, thanks for you help anyway.

.Bullet

My Valentine
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2010
Separate the *.gif image into frames using an Image Editor program like Paint.NET (I think that will do it. *shrugs*) or GIMP or some program that seperates GIF's. I haven't done this in so long.

Anyways, after it's separated, shrink all of the frames to a smaller size, then rebuild the frames into a new GIF, using an online tool such as http://www.gickr.com.

Back