• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Well it's been incredibly long since I last sprited so for now I'll just leave a here if anyone want's to tackle it.

Name: Maitomb [Maye-tüm]
Etymology: Maiden + Tomb (or Phantom)
Species: Based off of an Iron Maiden; either meant to be an evolution of Cofagrigus or a split evolution of Yamask
Class: Torturous Pokemon
Type/s: Ghost/Steel
Pokédex Entry: It is said that Maitomb have once captured souls of whoever stumbled across it's resting area. Some say that you can hear the faint screams of it's victims coming from it's interior.
Ability/ies: Iron Thorns/ Mummy
Description: I'll just leave this quick sketch-up I did, of course its suspected to change:

ironmaidenfakemon.png

There other on I had in mind was a Brazen Bull but I'll get that idea together and finalized before posting it.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Oh very sorry then. I guess I'll go on with the Brazen Bull and just table that for the moment. Again my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Years
In my opinion, the name Perimask (Pronounced like: PAIR-RIM-ASK) sounds better than Permask.
I agree completely.

hopefully not stepping on any toes, but I made an edit of my own to it...

iaza19739448845200.gif

or

iaza19739431760700.gif
Perhaps the smooth one for females and the zig-zaggy one for males? Also, I really think making Perimask a dual Water/Ghost type would be cool.

EDIT: I was bothered by some parts of the outline on the sprites, so I went ahead and changed it:
perimaskf.png
perimaskm.png

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
i think i finally figured out what the mask is missing: two different expressions (=(

one side comedy, other side tragedy.

also, i think it would probably highlight the "drama mask" look more if there are some accented features above the 'mouth' to look like cheeks. perhaps you can do something interesting like make the cheeks have gill-like grooves.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Shouldn't Tanlare and Perimask be somewhat related? Like Solrock/Lunatone or Nidoqueen/Nidoking? Since they both seem to be based off of theatre masks. Tanlare could be comedy and Perimask could be tragedy. idk, just stating my opinion. :nervous:

Samson

Years
oh i didn't even know about 'tanlare'.

but yeah, if Perimask (Perish + mask?) is tragedy, what is Tanlare? o.O

Years
Why would it need two different faces if it only has the aspect of 'perish'?
I think the outline was fine when I edited it, it looked quite smooth in my opinion. Plus the eyes look less anti-aliased now. :c..

Years
oh i didn't even know about 'tanlare'.

but yeah, if Perimask (Perish + mask?) is tragedy, what is Tanlare? o.O
According to the first post, Tanlare is the evolved form of Perimask. I'll probably have a go at spriting him within the next few days.

Why would it need two different faces if it only has the aspect of 'perish'?
I think the outline was fine when I edited it, it looked quite smooth in my opinion. Plus the eyes look less anti-aliased now. :c..
I dunno, I guess I just wanted it to look more official, most Nintendo-made Pokemon sprites have little-to-no anti-aliasing; so it looks more crispy.

Samson

Years
from what i've seen myself, there are a lot of dark outlines and coarse edges, so i'd have to disagree on there being more anti-aliasing in BW.

besides, BW uses animation and generally anti-aliasing animated sprites is rather difficult to implement.

Years
It is in Pokémon's style where markings and such are anti-aliased to make it look smooth such as Electivire's body markings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back