• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Metropolis is indeed awesome, but the pinnacle of silent cinema is Sunrise. It's really, really accessible, a great story, amazing performances and great special effects - even though it was made in 1929. If you haven't seen any silent films, start with that one: you won't go wrong.

Years
Was the animated movie French? Tom was telling me about it earlier and I wasn't sure if it was the same thing.
It's a Japanese animated movie based on a Tezuka manga.

Metropolisanime_poster.jpg

I don't know about any French animated movie or involvement or anything like that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh, this is like a cartoon lmao. Not a fancy anime thing. Also he said it was really dumb so there's that.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
It's a Japanese animated movie based on a Tezuka manga.

Metropolisanime_poster.jpg

I don't know about any French animated movie or involvement or anything like that.
The movie may have been adapted from manga, but the original silent film is what inspired it.

@MrCatDog: Never seen that one before, I'll have to check it out. Hopefully I can rent it on Amazon VOD or something...maybe Netflix.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
When I was in high school and actively taking computer classes my WPM was up in the 90's, but I've really slaked off the past few years not being in school as much. It's gone down to around 65 or 70 I'd say. I haven't taken a typing test in a few years though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Speaking of WPMs, last time I checked mine was 108, but I hear that's not impressive anymore, so feh.

I haven't been watching anime like I should be. I have like twenty that I've been told to watch but I've been struggling to do so.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I just finished Evangelion for the first time. Now I need to talk my boyfriend into watching either Angel Beats with me or Arrested Development since he hasn't seen either and I love both.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I feel like I've been getting behind on my anime watching.. For several series I'm following, I'm several episodes behind. Various things have come up so I haven't been able to watch as much as I would like to.

Gah, I need to get myself back on my anime watching track.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's hard to get back on once you've fallen off, but a lot of that is psychological because it feels like there's SO MUCH to get caught up on. Just watch one, maybe two episodes a day right before you go to sleep imo. If you set it up in your schedule, you won't feel guilty about wasting time doing it since you already made time for it, and that's not a lot of time to waste anyway and you'll really be caught up in no time. C:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I need to start on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Angel Beats, Durarara!!! and a couple others that I think includes Code Geass and ToraDora... Whatever, I'm enjoying my rented Naruto seasons (1-2) because I miss the old series and it's like the only anime Hastings has a surplus of.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Whelp, anime talk.

Minzy, I think all the series you mentioned are great for various reasons (I have yet to watch the whole Durarara!!!, though). If you want any recommendations, I'd be happy to pass an opinion.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Whelp, anime talk.
I find this thread shifts to anime talk quite often, which I don't get since there's already a Japanese Entertainment board and not everyone watches anime, which results in the thread becoming inactive because not everyone can participate in the conversation.

Someone actually tried to create another topic for others to reply to about WPM, which was then deleted just because the thread's current topic was anime. That isn't right. Is it that bad if two different topics are discussed at the same time in this thread?

droomph

weeb
Years
there was a time...once upon a time...where all the mods were talking about football/soccer.

Then Mr Cat Dog stepped in and saved the day! (Back when he was a mod btw)

But yeah, I would much rather talk about WPM tbh

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I find this thread shifts to anime talk quite often, which I don't get since there's already a Japanese Entertainment board and not everyone watches anime, which results in the thread becoming inactive because not everyone can participate in the conversation.
If it's not a discussion in depth, then we are allowed to chit-chat about things that belong to other sections.

Someone actually tried to create another topic for others to reply to about WPM, which was then deleted just because the thread's current topic was anime. That isn't right. Is it that bad if two different topics are discussed at the same time in this thread?
I think it was allowed to have multiple topics in previous DCCs, but I didn't use to pay enough attention to know when the rule was changed and why.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I need to start on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Angel Beats, Durarara!!! and a couple others that I think includes Code Geass and ToraDora... Whatever, I'm enjoying my rented Naruto seasons (1-2) because I miss the old series and it's like the only anime Hastings has a surplus of.

Goooo watch Angel Beats. It's THE best anime ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll beg for more. :D

Speaking of anime, Sword Art Online is my top anime at this time, but unfortunately I have to wait every Saturday for every episode. In the meantime, I am finishing up on Rosario + Vampire, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and will get started on Madoka Magica.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I will honestly say that I simply don't watch anime, nor do I read manga.

I do watch other TV shows, though. I'm in the middle of Psych season 3. You guys should look it up, it's funny as hell. =D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There was more to it than your simplified explanation, Kanto, lol.

It actually switches to anime not really as often as it used to XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back