• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Pokémon Saga Hoenn & Kanto series

There's no fancy presentation, deal with it

Anyways, what is Pokémon Saga? Pokémon Saga is a series of hacks that I'm working on, the point is to establish what a Pokémon adventure/chronicle is, and to experience a "superior" journey to the ones the official games provide.

Plot (Does not cover the DS series yet):
About a decade and a half ago, in the Kanto Region, there was a rich Scientist that lived on Cinnabar Island. He owned a large mansion, and privately used the basement of his mansion as a lab. The scientist was friends with a young man named Giovanni, who was also knowledgeable in Pokémon, and happens to be one of the Kanto Gym Leaders. Giovanni had a fascination for Legendary Pokémon, and the one that fascinated him the most was none other than Mew. The scientist also had another friend, Mr. Fuji, a middle-aged man that cares after abandoned Pokémon. Like Giovanni, Mr. Fuji also had a fascination for Legendary Pokémon, and so after a significant amount of research had been done, Giovanni, Mr. Fuji, and a group of scientists traveled to Faraway Island, a small island not too far from the Hoenn Region, to search for the Legendary Pokémon. After spending weeks on it with no luck, the group departs back to the Kanto region, but is delayed when Mr. Fuji appears to be missing. After a few hours, he's found, but right in front of the Legendary Pokémon, Mew. Mr. Fuji realizes that it's not wise to try and capture it, but the rest of the group decides to do it anyway. That day was July 5th.

After the group arrives back on Cinnabar Island, they decide to clone the Legendary Pokémon that they've captured. Mr. Fuji is against doing this, so rather than actually doing work, he decides to stand back and leave his diaries scattered around the mansion. On February 6th, an embryo of a clone was successfully generated, marking the birth of a new Pokémon, Mewtwo. For several months Mewtwo continued to grow, and surprised the scientist when it continued growing beyond the size of Mew. Eventually they realized that Mewtwo had grown too powerful, and killed over half of the scientists. On September 1st, Mewtwo had set fire to the entire mansion/lab, and the remaining scientist failed to curb it's vicious tendencies...

Unfortunately, the owner of the mansion was one of the people that had died. Giovanni, Mr. Fuji, and few random scientists were the only survivors; among them a Marine Biologist named Archie, and a Geologist named Maxie. Mewtwo had flew away, and Giovanni was furious that Mewtwo couldn't be captured. Mr. Fuji was depressed by the fact that he might possibly have helped kill Mew. After several months, Mr. Fuji visited what remained of the mansion, and came across a very weak Mew. He realized that Mew didn't die, so he took it back to Faraway Island immediately. He arrives on February 6th, exactly one year after Mewtwo was born. Mr. Fuji releases Mew on Faraway Island, and leaves behind a sign, reading, "February, 6th day. If any human being sets foot here again, let it be a kindhearted person. With that hope, I depart. —Fuji"

Over 15 years later, Red, Green, and Blue set out on their journeys throughout the Kanto Region. Mr. Fuji had grown into an old man and currently resides in Lavender Town, while Giovanni had mysteriously gone missing, and yet is somehow still one of the Kanto Gym Leaders. Archie and Maxie had also disappeared, though there rumors of them being spotted in the Hoenn Region. Early in their journeys, Red, Green, and Blue encounter a new gang, Team Rocket.

Meanwhile in the Hoenn Region, like Red, Green, and Blue, Brendan, May, and Wally are also setting out on their regional journey. During their journeys, Brendan, May, and Wally encounter two different gangs, Team Aqua, and Team Magma.

So who are Team Rocket, Team Aqua, and Team Magma? And what do they want? Well, play Pokémon Saga - Adventure to find out who Team Rocket are, and play Pokémon Saga - Chronicles to find out who Team Aqua & Magma are!

Pokémon Saga - Adventure:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Saga - Chronicles:
Spoiler:

SUPPORT BANNERS:
adventurek.png

chronicles.png

-both made by me

Info:
"Incomplete Beta" - This is the amount of progress that I've made before deciding to restart this hack. It goes up to Viridian Forest.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
OK, I don't see the point of this. Why make a Remake of FR/LG?
They're fine, in my opinion.

Can't you think of something more original?
Haha, true.
It's quite the project, when you could just mod FR...
I like the idea of recreating Kanto and all, of course, but you should bring a new story to the table.
I like how you're using Emerald's Red and Leaf OWs. I've done the same, before.
The trees look a bit too small. I know they're same size as RSE's, but still have a different shape than that of Emerald's tree, so they look odd. Maybe increase the size of them? You can easily find extra room in the tileset for larger trees...
Either way, good luck.

P.S. Some examples~
-Actually hard Gym Leaders This can be done with simple trainer editing on FRLG.
-Kanto Dex expanded to 202 Pokemon, all evolutions to Kanto Pokemon are in (such as Igglybuff and Steelix), and a select few other Pokemon* This, also, can be done easily on FRLG.
-Expanded Team Rocket plot Diddo.
-You can actually breed Pokemon Breeding is possible in FRLG, eventually, just not in Kanto. You could easily implement it in Kanto...
-Golbat and Chansey can actually evolve "
-Team Rocket Admins Apollo and Athena appear (names might change if their official English names are revealed) "
-Kanto's size is equal to that of HG/SS "
-Battle Frontier, located on Seven Island A Battle Frontier could be implemented in FRLG, with the incentive. Just having the ability to use Emerald's premade Frontier isn't worth totally remaking RBYFRLG for.
-Sprite Animations in battle Yes, an advantage, but, again, it's not worth remaking a whole game for.
-PokeNav** Having the PokéNav for use totally kills the Kanto vibe. "Yeah, instead of a Town Map, let's fire up our Hoenn PokéNav!" I could see if you were using it as a stand up for the PokéGear in, say, a GSC remake, but why use it as a workaround when an FR or LG ROM is just waiting there to be hacked?
-Music restored to the original key it was in Generation I You can do this to FRLG, too.
-Some more stuff....whatever Same.

It looks like animations are the only clear advantage.

Well this is something new... but since Luminious Yellow is in progress I'm not sure if this hack will be successful.
This already looks better than Luminous Yellow. :3

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Just to point that out, stop bugging him people, he's not making a remake, he's making a Kanto game the Emerald way.

Good luck man, I am curious as to how FR/LG sprites will develop in the R/S/E way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Guys, I know why you think this is pointless, but this is why I'm doing it on Emerald:
HG/SS introduced A LOT of new features that G/S/C didn't have. FR/LG introduced almost no new features at all (aside from islands), and the maps were almost exactly the same as R/B/Y, while HG/SS made Johto AND Kanto MUCH more lively. The whole point of this is to travel through Kanto that looks like HG/SS's Kanto, and with everything consistent.

Another reason why I'm hacking Emerald:
*When you battle a Team Rocket member in FR/LG, it's just like a standard battle. When you battle a Team Aqua/Magma member in R/S/E, the music is different, and specifically for Emerald, the team logo appears before you battle them. Since Emerald, Platinum, and HG/SS have the team logo appear in their battles, it would be consistent to do the same for a Kanto game.

-Kanto Dex expanded to 202 Pokemon, all evolutions to Kanto Pokemon are in (such as Igglybuff and Steelix), and a select few other Pokemon* This, also, can be done easily on FRLG
You can't expand the Kanto Regional Dex in FR/LG.

-Battle Frontier, located on Seven Island A Battle Frontier could be implemented in FRLG, with the incentive. Just having the ability to use Emerald's premade Frontier isn't worth totally remaking RBYFRLG for.
-Sprite Animations in battle Yes, an advantage, but, again, it's not worth remaking a whole game for.
To me, it's worth it. I don't care how long or how hard this will be, no matter what this game will be better than FR/LG.

-PokeNav** Having the PokéNav for use totally kills the Kanto vibe. "Yeah, instead of a Town Map, let's fire up our Hoenn PokéNav!" I could see if you were using it as a stand up for the PokéGear in, say, a GSC remake, but why use it as a workaround when an FR or LG ROM is just waiting there to be hacked?
I'm doing it for consistency. R/S/E has PokeNav. D/P/Pt has Poketch. HG/SS has PokeGear. What does FR/LG have? Nothing.
If it's possible to implement the VS Seeker into Emerald, I might rename the PokeNav into PokeMap, and remove the Match Call feature.

Besides, there's so many FireRed hacks that if I made it on FireRed, it wouldn't be that unique. FireRed is too inconsistent with Emerald anyway, while HG/SS a lot more consistent with Platinum. I mean, look, Hoenn is a beautiful tropical region, with lots of elevation everywhere. While Kanto in FR/LG, is just a flat barren wasteland, and appears to be made on a grid since everything is so square. Sinnoh is a nice mountainous/urban/snowy region, while in HG/SS, Johto AND Kanto had a lot more life added into them.

That was the point‼ XD It's a remake, it's supposed to be similair‼
Ever heard of Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver?

Just to point that out, stop bugging him people, he's not making a remake, he's making a Kanto game the Emerald way.
Well, technically I am doing a remake XD. This is how I would have made FR/LG.

If I hack FireRed, then this will be the lamest FireRed hack ever. All it would be is just a tileset edit, and a trainer edit. If I hack Emerald, then I actually have to work, and it's more rewarding that way. Besides, FireRed graphics suck. It looks nothing like the Kanto in HG/SS.

EDIT: Anyways er... here's what Prof. Oak looks like in the R/S/E universe:
newoak.png

Last edited:
Years
Ah, you did this on Fire Red before, didn't you? I look forward to seeing this. You're pretty good at indoor tile insertion (not that it's too hard, it's just really tedious, so not many people bother). Good for you, for bothering :D
i also like how you used the Emerald Red and Blue player sprites.
I see the point to this. Nintendo/Game Freak really didn't do Kanto any justice with FRLG, hopefully you'll succeed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's a preview of the first beta. Well, it's an alpha. All it will let you do is get your starter, fight Green, and then walk around Route 1. No new music has been inserted yet, but 3dd13 is working on inserting/looping them at the moment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Okay I've found somethings that may or may not be glitches, but other than them it was a good preview.

1) There is a part of the path that grass will appear when walked on, and disappear when steeped off of.
35994450.png

2) When I was choosing my Pokemon I noticed that you could only grab it from the top and sides and not the bottom.
66203000.png

3) I know you haven't made it there yet, but when you make your first beta; you'll need to make part of the route below Pallet Town, so it will look nice and professional.
97364675.png

4) (Sorry no picture for this one.) The encounter rate on Route 1 is WAY to high. I was encountering Pokemon every other step. :P

5) Now this may not be a glitch, but it just annoyed me.
66281870.png

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
If you get it finished I'll play it since I agree with you that Red is about the same as FireRed.
Good luck on this and I hope you don't quit ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay I've found somethings that may or may not be glitches, but other than them it was a good preview.

1) There is a part of the path that grass will appear when walked on, and disappear when steeped off of.
35994450.png

2) When I was choosing my Pokemon I noticed that you could only grab it from the top and sides and not the bottom.
66203000.png

3) I know you haven't made it there yet, but when you make your first beta; you'll need to make part of the route below Pallet Town, so it will look nice and professional.
97364675.png

4) (Sorry no picture for this one.) The encounter rate on Route 1 is WAY to high. I was encountering Pokemon every other step. :P

5) Now this may not be a glitch, but it just annoyed me.
66281870.png
Wow I'm glad I finally got some real feedback.

1. Yes, I noticed that too when I was playing on my flashcart. It's fixed now.

2. Well um...yeah, because the bottom tile counts as a solid block. I guess I could re-position the 8x8 tiles, but I've already made your rival choose from the top.

3. lol sorry

4. It's the same as FR/LG's encounter rate. Besides, this game is designed as a prequel to HG/SS, since HG/SS has high encounter rates, so will ShadowAmethyst :P.

5. Well, there's Sentret on Route 1 in HG/SS. But I'm eventually planning a HeartGold Wild Pokemon/Trainer/Johto Pokedex hack, and the Johto Pokedex has to have both Rattata and Sentret because one of the Tin Tower eye catches shows Rattata. I can hack all the trainers/wild Pokemon I want, but Rattata will still be in the Tin Tower picture, so therefore both Sentret and Rattata will be in the Johto dex. Now I know that this is ShadowAmethyst, not HeartGold, but I'm designing ShadowAmethyst as a prequel to HG/SS. Therefore, for consistency, ShadowAmethyst will also have Sentret and Rattata. Expect to see other Johto Pokemon that are in Kanto in HG/SS, such as Slugma on Cycling Road.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I played the alpha. I liked it, overall. The little changes, like fighting your rival while going into Route 1, were pretty nice. My only gripe is that you should make more tile changes, which I imagine you plan to/already have done, anyways. The trees, again, are too small looking for their shape, the RSE stairs don't look that great, and maybe you could change the RSE signs too. : P

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I played the alpha. I liked it, overall. The little changes, like fighting your rival while going into Route 1, were pretty nice. My only gripe is that you should make more tile changes, which I imagine you plan to/already have done, anyways. The trees, again, are too small looking for their shape, the RSE stairs don't look that great, and maybe you could change the RSE signs too. : P
I really don't know what I can do about the trees. There is no way that I'm going to make the trees the size they are in HG/SS, since that means a single tree would be 4x4 tiles. Having 2x3 trees is what makes a 3rd Gen game, and I want this game to have a 3rd gen feel. That's why not everything will look like HG/SS.

Could you tell me what stairs you're talking about?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I really like your idea of remaking fire red red. Fire Red was good,but it could have had a lot of improvements. And using emerald as a base is good too. I mean whats the point of just making some changes to a fire red rom when you can redo the whole thing on emerald? And about the trees,why not make them more fire red size?
Good luck on this.^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
i like the opening, the lab and the indoor tiles.
but the trees and the mountain pallets aren't so good :(

keep working :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I really don't know what I can do about the trees. There is no way that I'm going to make the trees the size they are in HG/SS, since that means a single tree would be 4x4 tiles. Having 2x3 trees is what makes a 3rd Gen game, and I want this game to have a 3rd gen feel. That's why not everything will look like HG/SS.

Could you tell me what stairs you're talking about?
I don't mean to make the trees HGSS size. Make them, say, FireRed size, or just two 8x8 tiles taller.

Also, I meant the outside stairs. The ones for mountain levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back