• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Were all the regional starters released with there Hidden Abilities through an Event?

I've seen Kanto and Hoen but none others

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Were all the regional starters released with there Hidden Abilities through an Event?

I've seen Kanto and Hoen but none others

Kanto, Hoenn and the Sinnoh starters have been given out through events, however Johto have not.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
What pokemon would I have to defeat and how many to get this Ev spread; 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe. Thanks. :)

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
for 252 HP you would have to kill 42 Stunfisk while holding the Power Weight
for 184 Def you would have to kill 39 Yamask while holding the Power Belt and 4 without.
for 72 Spd you would have to kill 12 Liepard while holding the Power Anklet

Or you could just bring it to me and i'll train it in 10 mins ;)

Perriechu

Years
What pokemon would I have to defeat and how many to get this Ev spread; 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe. Thanks. :)

The Pokemon that give out the Ev's are;

HP - Audino and Palpitoad both give 2 points
Defense - Sewaddle and Venipede give 1 Point. Whirlipede gives 2 points
Speed - Basculin, Purloin, Blitzle and Woobat. They all give 1 point.

The above Pokemon aren't the only ones to give those Ev's, but they're the easiest to find.

With no items or PKRS helping you, you'd have to defeat 72 speed Ev giving Pokemon and so on. For Hp you'd have to defeat 126. :) With items and such, idk because I'm lazy. x-x

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
The Pokemon that give out the Ev's are;

HP - Audino and Palpitoad both give 2 points
Defense - Sewaddle and Venipede give 1 Point. Whirlipede gives 2 points
Speed - Basculin, Purloin, Blitzle and Woobat. They all give 1 point.

The above Pokemon aren't the only ones to give those Ev's, but they're the easiest to find.

With no items or PKRS helping you, you'd have to defeat 72 speed Ev giving Pokemon and so on. For Hp you'd have to defeat 126. :) With items and such, idk because I'm lazy. x-x

I think basculin give 2 points for the speed ^_^

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
Dream World limit

I was reading up on the Dream World, and apparently there's a 50 pokemon limit. I'm confused about what this means. Can I only catch 50 pokemon per cartridge, and then no more? Or is it just that the Entree Forest can only HOLD 50 pokes at one time? I want to have every pokemon's DW ability so I need to know if I can do it without trading.

Also, does your Friend Board reset to zero when you restart the game?

Perriechu

Years
I was reading up on the Dream World, and apparently there's a 50 pokemon limit. I'm confused about what this means. Can I only catch 50 pokemon per cartridge, and then no more? Or is it just that the Entree Forest can only HOLD 50 pokes at one time?

Also, does your Friend Board reset to zero when you restart the game?

I'm pretty sure it's 50 that the Entree Forest can have. :)

Um, I'm not too familiar with the DW but I'm pretty sure it won't. Since it'll still be the same Game ID and cartridge, right? \: But then again, I'm not certain. Best let someone else answer this part. I know for certain that it's 50 for the Forest though. :)

Years
So the box system expands this time.

Is this from manually placing in PC, or will it expand even if my capturing fills up Box 8 with Sturdy Boldore?

Am trying for Dragonspiral Tower as catch location for cover dragon.

Perriechu

Years
So the box system expands this time.

Is this from manually placing in PC, or will it expand even if my capturing fills up Box 8 with Sturdy Boldore?

Am trying for Dragonspiral Tower as catch location for cover dragon.

For the boy system, once you have at least 1 Pokemon in all 8 boxes, it will expand to 16, iirc then place another Pokemon in each of those new boxes to expand it to 24.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Following what he said, the box will start to expand after you defeat Ghetsis at N's Castle.

I don't think this is necessarily true. I've heard of people trying to get Zekrom/Reshiram in the Dragonspiral tower, and you can only do that after every box is full, and they've had to fill up all 24 boxes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But to get it to go there you have to fill all your boxes, so if it didn't expand before defeating Ghetsis then you wouldn't have to catch 24 boxes of Pokemon, which is what I've been hearing is happening for people.

slickmario

nomnomnom
Years
How to get Zekrom/Reshiram from DS Tower.
1. Fill up your party and all 8 PC boxes.
2. Defeat dragon at N's Castle. It flies away.
3. Beat N.
4. Beat Ghetsis.
5. Catch at tower after credits roll.

I don't know about other people, but you only need to fill up 8 boxes for the dragon to go to the tower. And it's not really worth it. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot catch them shiny at the tower anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Bulbapedia said:
Amanita's storage system, seen in Pokémon Black and White, has the player start out with eight boxes capable of holding 240 Pokémon total. When all eight boxes have at least one Pokémon in them, the storage capacity will be increased to 16 boxes, holding 480 Pokémon. When all 16 of those boxes have at least one Pokémon in them, the capacity will be increased again to a maximum of 24 boxes, or 720 Pokémon. This allows for quicker save times early on, as save data for non-"unlocked" boxes does not need to be calculated, solving a common complaint about Generation IV's long save times. Each box still holds 30 Pokémon. Also, only four numerical digits can be used when naming the boxes. The other boxes are also shown on the right, as opposed to the top as they were in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

This quote from Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything about you having to defeat Ghetsis before the others open up. Serebii also doesn't mention anything about a time when you can open all 24 boxes. Can you show some sources that show your side? Because you could be right but I can't find anything anywhere that backs you up and I'd like to know if my information is faulty, honestly.

slickmario

nomnomnom
Years
Huh. Looking over my information, it seems that you are correct. I could have sworn Serebii said that after the Elite Four was defeated, the other boxes would become available to you...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Huh. Looking over my information, it seems that you are correct. I could have sworn Serebii said that after the Elite Four was defeated, the other boxes would become available to you...

Best way to know for sure is to test for yourself next time otherwise then you're just going to mislead members :(

Either way, backing up the fact that it is true you can get 24 boxes before Elite Four, since I've done it myself.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
I have three questions.

What levels are the Elite four? (Just so I know if I have to level up more)
What about Zekrom when you have to fight him? (playing Black version)
On what level does Larvesta evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back