• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
Sup guys. Feel like joining, if still possible. I've played (and completed, go me!) some challenges in a past, long time ago. Not to mention that me like writing some random stories about my challenge journey of journeyness, just to spice dem challenge up a bit.
Let's see what we can see then, shall we?

Username: Ober
Game: Crystal
Era: Medieval of course!

Now, two quick questions:

*As for obligatory Pkmn in my team - well, I can't get Scizor (trading),
Forretrees is...well, hehehe. It leaves me with Skarmory. But it appears that I can only catch dem Skarmory in last Johto route before moving to Kanto. Is it okay to fulfil dat requirement so late in a game?

*Arthurian names are optional, right? I mean, not like it's a requirement. I will use names connected to Medieval for sure, but not Arthurian for sure. I just don't feel like doing sou.

PS. I wanted to be pretentious like a Pretentious Man (TM) and use Comic Sans in that post, but...you've banned it? Ah, crap :(

Now...that's pretentious like wooah!

(don't mind me, I'm craaaazy!)

AngyMaster

Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Hi,I helped that devon guy and the old man wingull,I reached a letter from devon president and go for his favor.On sea to the first stop,I was goin to the gym battle with the trainers and poof,solzy evolves into marshtomp.I was goin much in front and battle with the gym leader,it was easy.I was goin to steve in the cave,no light i passed without light(not so hard)and find steve.I gave him the letter and go to the devon president for exp share.Battled with may and going to the slateport city,and saved.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Now, two quick questions:

*As for obligatory Pkmn in my team - well, I can't get Scizor (trading), Forretrees is...well, hehehe. It leaves me with Skarmory. But it appears that I can only catch dem Skarmory in last Johto route before moving to Kanto. Is it okay to fulfil dat requirement so late in a game?

*Arthurian names are optional, right? I mean, not like it's a requirement. I will use names connected to Medieval for sure, but not Arthurian for sure. I just don't feel like doing sou.

yeah, it's alright to get the Mandatory Pokémon later in the game, as long as it's before the end-game. (I.E. Red in Johto)
And the Arthurian Rule is completely Optional o.o you don't have to use that rule if you don't want to.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Update:

It's been a while! Sorry! I was busy with exams and such!

Current Pokemon:

Level 39 Absol, Nicknamed Anubis

Level 37 Unfezant, Nicknamed Nekhbet

Level 42 Umbreon, Nicknamed Khonsu

Level 47 Krookodile, nicknamed Sobek

Level 41 Cofagrigus, Nicknamed Osiris

Level 34 Liepard, Nicknamed Bastet

Badges Collected:

Basic Badge

Toxic Badge

Insect Badge

Bolt Badge

Quake Badge

Jet Badge

Current position:

Opelucid City, training for 7th gym encounter.

Years
First non-introductory post and I'll decide I'll do a challenge >_>

Username: Llan (Woops >_>)
Game:
SoulSilver
Era:
Time Rift

I'll add a rule that if a Pokemon faints during a Time Warp (Gym battles) that it shall be lost in time and put into a special box. (IDK why, it'll add some flavor >_>)

I shall use random.org to find out which era I'll warp to, with their number being the number it is listed in. In Kanto I'll restart the list.

Also, I'll flip a coin to choose between Wobbuffet and Girafarig.

Everything sound good >_>?

Years
Username: AquaStorm
Game: Ruby
Era: Industrial

Also I have a question, if your Pokemon has a type on it's own era and has a banned on it too for example in Medieval, your Pokemon has Electric and Dark, can you still use it?

Last edited:

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Basically, the "Era Types" section lists the Types you are ALLOWED to use. "Banned" lists the types you CAN'T use.
So, your team must consist of Pokémon that match the types on the Era Types list. You can't use any other Types, unless they dual with a type on the list. And you CAN'T use dual-types that got a type on the allowed types list and one on the banned list.

For example, let's say you can use Bug Types, but can't use Fire types, but you recieve the Volcanora Egg. Volcanore is a Bug/Fire type so you aren't allowed to use that.
But, let's say you can use Bug Types, but there's nothing mentioned about Water Types. And you want to use Surskit. Surskit is a Bug/Water type so you can use that one.

The only exception to those lists are the Pokémon listed under Mandatory.
So a Mandatory Pokémon can be a dual-type that's not allowed, such as Honchkrow which is Dark/Flying. (If you check the Mobster Mania, you'll see that Dark is allowed, Flying is banned, but Honchkrow is on the Mandatory list.)

Hope that answered your questions o.o

I think this should answer the above question.

I'm planning on joining to this again, with HeartGold and White2 this time, but I just don't know which eras yet, because trading in isn't allowed. *planning teams*

Years
Oh thanks, well this challenge is really a challenge!
Hard to make a team with limited types.. ._.
Oh well, just have to enjoy it! :D
And thanks BTW

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I think this should answer the above question.

I'm planning on joining to this again, with HeartGold and White2 this time, but I just don't know which eras yet, because trading in isn't allowed. *planning teams*

Well, playing White2 gives you access to the dream thingy xD
Not sure how it works in B/W2 since I never got around to playing those.

Dark Marik

The Ruler of All Doors!
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
It works the same in BW2 as it does in BW1. The only difference is that some things are not unlocked by default if you use BW2, mostly stuff that was added after the launch of DW.

Gonna try to get another chapter up soon since I have a lot of free time now.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Well, playing White2 gives you access to the dream thingy xD
Not sure how it works in B/W2 since I never got around to playing those.

True, but restarting the game obviously changes your C-gear and it takes weeks to remove the old one from Global (haven't bothered with it for a few months) and even then it'd take days to get probably the things I'd be aiming for. :<

Back to planning now... I know I could just wing it, but I'd just end up using my old-reliable teams and no making it challenging. (Money is not an issue in Unova >.> )

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Username: RoreyG
Era: The Pirate Golden Age

Question: I don't like using the Ghost Types from Hoenn, but want a Ghost Type Pokemon on my team. Is it alright if I trade over a Gastly from my Fire Red version?

One more thing: I've got my Final Exams starting in a week's time and it goes to the 20th of next month. Just thought I'd let you know that I can't start the Challenge until then.
:)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: RoreyG

Question: I don't like using the Ghost Types from Hoenn, but want a Ghost Type Pokemon on my team. Is it alright if I trade over a Gastly from my Fire Red version?

One more thing: I've got my Final Exams starting in a week's time and it goes to the 20th of next month. Just thought I'd let you know that I can't start the Challenge until then.
:)

Not quite... rules are rules and they apply to every single challenger. trading is only allowed in order to evolve. So you'll have to use whatever Ghost Types you can find in Hoenn. It's a challenge after all and it's meant to get people out of their comfort zone and to make them use Pokémon they wouldn't normally use.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Since I am on my phone, I'm not going to spew a list, rather, I will inform you that I've beaten 8 gyms and am currently using a herdier to surf... I had to replace my umbreon temporarily... Stupid heedier.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Not quite... rules are rules and they apply to every single challenger. trading is only allowed in order to evolve. So you'll have to use whatever Ghost Types you can find in Hoenn. It's a challenge after all and it's meant to get people out of their comfort zone and to make them use Pokémon they wouldn't normally use.

Aye Aye Captain!!! lol :classic:

In that case, my ship will be: Sharpedo
on+UVeGkzYAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

My Prospective Team:

Blaziken (Capt. Jack)
Sharpedo (Davy Jones)
Tropius (Columbus)
Donphan (Mr. Gibbs)
Mightyena (Sir Walter)
Dustclops (Dutchman)
[FONT=&quot]
iEDA01TiU5YAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
on+UVeGkzYAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
[/FONT]

Like I said though, because of my exams, I won't be able to start until after the 20th of next month.

One more thing: Can I use HM slaves until I assemble my team?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I finished Ice Age 2 days ago.

8nZUDhr.png

Flygon: Not as good as I thought he would be. He died too quickly to the E4.
Marshtomp: As good as I remember.
Rhyhorn: Meh.
Walrein: Useful. Just a shame you get a Spheal so late.
Claydol: Also meh.
Tentacruel: The star of my team. She was insanely useful and could hold her own because of the large number of Zigzagoons I trained against.

I just wanted to say I'm now on the Stone Age, and I've beaten Roxanne, Brawly and Wattson. I'm grinding my team, which is currently Loudred, Aron, Roselia, Oddish, Graveler and Torkoal.

Last edited:
Years
Geez, I think the last time I updated was before the term break...
Trainer Hass, Stone-age trainer of average repute
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L], Boulder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Soul(Marsh), Marsh(Soul), -, -
Team:
ThylaLeos
Typhlosion, M, Lv75, Charcoal
Flame wheel, flamethrower, smokescreen, swift
-pkrs

Angel
Dunsparce, M, Lv76, Leftovers
Rage, screech, glare, pursuit
- <3, pkrs

WrathClaws
Ursaring, M, Lv75, King's rock
Slash, faint attack, lick, thrash
-pkrs

Sun
Graveller*, M, Lv75, Hard stone
Rock throw, defence curl, rollout, earthquake
-pkrs

BurningRed
Parasect, F, Lv75, Quick claw
Slash, spore, giga drain, leechlife
-pkrs

NeedeSile
Nidoking, M, LV75, Blackbelt
Strength, surf, double kick, focus energy
-pkrs

Now to raise to level 80, I guess?
(I actually raised them to level 75 last night, but had to do it all over again because I am dumb, and also because I was half asleep)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
I'll go for it, this being my first challenge.

Name: UnkwownType
Game: FireRed

Also, may I suggest the "Big Bang" time period? Something for like the very begging, before the dinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back