• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Good lord, this hack is killing....

Im finally at the Underground City area, and Ive only gotten like 3 badges so far and had to go though Pokemon of Lvl 60-70 already. Had to use GS Codes to get alot of Rare Candies, Full Restores, Max Elixers, and Max Revives.

Ive got my Victini, Salamence, and Jellicant up to Lvl 100 now. The only downside: I accidentally deleted my Galvantula's Sludge Bomb for Thunder.

Years
Damn i must say this game is hard. I'm up to mystic cave i think its called. Some of these starter pokemon that have a very rare appearance have been showing up quite a bit. So i caught the snivy and treecko in the grass isle area. Snivy appears all the time, treecko just never appears.....just never. spent over 2 hours trying to find one.

And i'm after the 3rd gym and damn i was getting frustrated during battle cave. First fight that guy who looks like gary, then fight professor...forgot his name, then fight sydney, then fight some old guy. Seems like there is a lot of hard trainers i have to fight just before i even reach the next town.

Then trying to find the third gym, where the **** is it? decided to do the titanic ship first and then kept looking and saw some trainers on the bottom left of the town......where the gym building sign is......the gym is outside? that threw me off cause i thought something was blocking my path when i tried going there before going on the ship. So far i think my garchomp is like level 53 maybe. Thyplosion is 54 and i have a volcarona lvl 54.

Doing good so far, but everytime i each the next town, i'm underleveled. lol.

Good so far, able to catch all these pokemon, gives me a lot to work with.
I will advise you to train your team and make versitility in them by using VS Seeker. Yes, the gym in Mystic Falls is closed until you defeat Dark Thugs in the ship and get HM01 Cut first

what the heck kind of pokemon is Conran i think the name is. Owned by pokemon trainer light?
Seems like the Super Saiyan is getting a lot of fuss.. Conran along with another fakemon is included in this hack by Dark Rising Girl. You cannot catch it though

I really really like this hack so far..
The only problem i face is the level difference between wild pokemons and trainer's ones..
I currently finished the 2nd gym with 4 pokemons over level 30, but the training becomes way harder as i face level 15-20 pokemons in the wild, but fight a trainer such as V with level 35 pokemons...
The levels of the trainers are a little bit to high imo, and the wild pokemon are too low...
Please Guys stop complaining about the difficulty of this hack. What do you want to expect finish a hack within 15-20 hours after what it takes to make you know.......
Try using VS Seeker to train and my guide fr tips please..........

Hi, I can't make it work, in which platform do I play it?
You need a VBA emulator to play this hack if you already know first how to patch this game????

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
Everytime I open my emu it says internal battery has run dry game can now be played. can someone help me fix?

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
i have already beaten elite 4 and malice courtyard enterance is blocked, how should i go to castle. And i already capured zeshiram and that event was already done before i beat elite 4, now where should i go

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Some people don't want to read through 85 pages of posts just to find one thing... I know I sure don't
And those people would find answers they are looking for.

what the heck kind of pokemon is Conran i think the name is. Owned by pokemon trainer light?
Fire/Dark fakemon.

Hi, I can't make it work, in which platform do I play it?
You download the ips, you use LIPS to patch the Fire Red ROM, you play on VBA.

Good lord, this hack is killing....

Im finally at the Underground City area, and Ive only gotten like 3 badges so far and had to go though Pokemon of Lvl 60-70 already. Had to use GS Codes to get alot of Rare Candies, Full Restores, Max Elixers, and Max Revives.
You do realize that Rare Candies do not give EVs and your Pokémon won't really be strong, don't you?

Please Guys stop complaining about the difficulty of this hack. What do you want to expect finish a hack within 15-20 hours after what it takes to make you know.......
Well... that's about what I did... xD About 20 hours of gameplay =D
I sped up so my gameplay time in-game is about 70h which is about 20h of true gameplay :D

Years
I'm not complaining about the game, just sharing what I thought when I was playing it. If it was a complaint I'd stop playing it. It's an interesting hack. Also I got castlevania for the 3DS as well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Where do I go after beating the Millennium City gym? I exit the gym and right at the door, Sydney and Dray talks to me but I don't see their sprites. Anyways, they asked me if I was ready to go somewhere but I said no because I had to heal up my pokemon. Then Sydney said she'll wait for me in the pokemon center. So after I healed up, I talked to her (sprite was visible in the pokemon center) and she leads me out the door but then all the sudden she disappears so I don't know where to go from here.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Where do I go after beating the Millennium City gym? I exit the gym and right at the door, Sydney and Dray talks to me but I don't see their sprites. Anyways, they asked me if I was ready to go somewhere but I said no because I had to heal up my pokemon. Then Sydney said she'll wait for me in the pokemon center. So after I healed up, I talked to her (sprite was visible in the pokemon center) and she leads me out the door but then all the sudden she disappears so I don't know where to go from here.

If you're in Millennium City after defeating Yugi, your next destination is to go to twist woodlands because the gym is now opened. You can fly tiki village or fells town to reach it. If you're at the DR HQ, go to Huntik Route and you'll see a cave door, enter it and you'll be at trident waters, which is apart of the main map.

Years
Well, the game seemed really interesting at the begining, I even applied the physical/special split on every single move to enjoy it properly, but after getting annoyed several times about how hard the game is and I don't feel like cheating in a hack I prefer to just stop playing it.
I personally like when games are moderatly hard and provide a fair challenge, I even wasted time hunting for a good Poliwag, Houndour and Shroomish and got them but it isn't enough the game keeps spamming hard trainers. I wanted at least to challenge Yami since I am fan of YGO card games but oh well...
Anyway, sorry for the negative feedback ...

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
there is on one to answer my question :-( i've w8ing for the reply but no one answering

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
When will be Dark Rising 2 released?..the first version was awesome i cant wait to see what you''ll do next

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Well I find it really hard to advance... Any advices on how to train my 6 pokemons? I cant beat the trainer at the entrance of the cave...
EDIT: Wow i just realised how to use the VS Seeker it is so OP XD
I was just training against normal wild pokemons that was so lame!

Last edited:

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
WOOOOOOO! Finally just beat Adrian. Took soo many attempts and a tons of luck. Thank god for my Gengar and his Destiny Bond. God knows the number of pokemon I took down with it. 90+ hours. WOW. DRG, what an amazing hack. Thank you. Cannot wait for number 2.

As for my team, here you go (I forgot to screen cap during ceremony I was so excited that I finally got through lol)
Now to go for round 2 with a different team :) ... hopefully I remember the cap during ceremony

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
So my review of this hack. Pretty interesting storyline and very challenging. I enjoyed that the character you played actually communicated with the other person as well besides them just talking to you. I was looking for some of my favorite pokemon in this game like Latios and Latias but they weren't in this game. Oh well. At least all the starters were in this game. The only thing that would've made this game better is if all the bugs, sprites, and scripts were fixed. Sometimes there were invisible sprites so it made it seemed that you were talking to an invisible person, sprites were at locations but you can't talk to them (could cause a freeze in game sometimes), and some people who you could talk to were in the form of items, weird. lol.

Overall, I think is this hack is a 3 out of 5. Great storyline. A lot and I mean a lot of trainers to battle but very noticeable bugs, script errors, and tile errors. And challenging but expectancy is to get your pokemon by level 100 by the end of this game so maybe too challenging. But I still think this is a great hack. Great job DarkRisingGirl and team. There's always room for improvement. Hope to see that in Dark Rising 2.

i have already beaten elite 4 and malice courtyard entrance is blocked, how should i go to castle. And i already captured zeshiram and that event was already done before i beat elite 4, now where should i go

Hmm... You could battle Giovanni in the cave between Water Caverns & Atlantic City since you couldn't before b/c his pokemon level was in the 90s. Otherwise I think you're done. I finished the pokemon league too and there's doesn't seem like anything else you can do. The blockage is probably because of bug issues. There's also another block issue going north from Pax Town. Dark Rising 2 continues to the Omni Region which is still being worked on and like Darkrisinggirl said that will probably not be released until after the release of Pokemon X and Y since there will be Pokemon X and Y in that version.

Years
Everytime I open my emu it says internal battery has run dry game can now be played. can someone help me fix?
Change your emulator's settings to Flash 128 KBytes and reset your emulator.

i have already beaten elite 4 and malice courtyard enterance is blocked, how should i go to castle. And i already capured zeshiram and that event was already done before i beat elite 4, now where should i go
If you are referring at those 4 higher grunts and Adrian then the beta 1 ends after them

there is on one to answer my question :-( i've w8ing for the reply but no one answering
What is your problem?????. Haven't met your question any where???

When will be Dark Rising 2 released?..the first version was awesome i cant wait to see what you''ll do next
It is still a long way seeing that it's thread is yet to be made as well as it is in development

Last edited:
Back