• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
hw 2 get muchlax in platinum???
No seriously guys, I know getting Munchlax revolves around Honey, but can someone tell me specifics? I want to do a playthrough that recreates Barry's team.

Munchlax is found in four specific Honey trees, and these change on each individual save file. However, they only have a 1% encounter rate which is super rare. If you think it's too hard to get, you could otherwise breed Snorlax holding a Full Incense, or if you have appropriate wi-fi connections, request for someone to trade you one in Trade Corner.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
You need to travel to Kanto and reach Pal Park (Fuchsia City) before you can migrate pokémon.

I actually have my own question: Can you re-learn a deleted tm?
My Blissey knows Toxic, but I'm about to capture Dialga (And then probably go for the Lake Trio). One of them will most likely displace it from the team, in which case it'll go into Daycare. This could lead to Toxic being deleted. Would I be able to re-teach it with the Move Tutor?

Actually you can go to the Battle Tower and when you have 32 BP you can buy the Toxic TM.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
My Blissey knows Toxic, but I'm about to capture Dialga (And then probably go for the Lake Trio). One of them will most likely displace it from the team, in which case it'll go into Daycare. This could lead to Toxic being deleted. Would I be able to re-teach it with the Move Tutor?
Why not just put it in the PC so that Toxic doesn't get deleted? Or just rearrange the moves so that something other than Toxic gets deleted? If you set it so that one of Blissey's natural moves is the one that gets deleted, then you can relearn it later for one Heart Scale.

Though, again, I'd just put Blissey in the PC and not mess with any of that.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I heard a rumor...

So, my friend told me that if you had 150 Pokemon registered in the Pokedex, you could find a Mew in Cerulean Cave. Is this real, or is it a little too Farfetch'd to be true?

Kami Oni

The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan
Years
You need to travel to Kanto and reach Pal Park (Fuchsia City) before you can migrate pokémon.

I did but I still don't see the migrate option on my game

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Have you talked to all the important NPCs in Pal Park then? Maybe you need to do that first to activate that option.

@ Amore - I'm afraid not. It only works for moves naturally able to learn by level up (or level 0 moves for a Pokemon, e.g. ampharos can never learn fire punch without a move tutor without the move relearned, iirc for sake of example). Stuff forgotten that's not part of the level-up moveset alone cannot be remembered.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
You should upload a screen cap,
So everyone could see what pose you are talking about.
Anyway I seemed to know what pose you are talking about(hopefully it's the same pose we're talking about),
I have done it in Victory Road by jumping of the muddy ledges.

Kami Oni

The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan
Years
Have you talked to all the important NPCs in Pal Park then? Maybe you need to do that first to activate that option.

@ Amore - I'm afraid not. It only works for moves naturally able to learn by level up (or level 0 moves for a Pokemon, e.g. ampharos can never learn fire punch without a move tutor without the move relearned, iirc for sake of example). Stuff forgotten that's not part of the level-up moveset alone cannot be remembered.

I talked to every npc in there and nothing.. still hasn't let me transfer..

James.

Years
I talked to every npc in there and nothing.. still hasn't let me transfer..

You have at least six Pokemon in a Box in your game that you want to migrate to your SoulSilver?

None of your cartridges show up with the option to migrate?

None of your cartridges are from a different region than your SoulSilver game, correct?

Are your cartridges being recognized by your DS? (you can play your games on your DS)

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Graveler Twins

Let me tell you something, I'm trying to collect all the Pokémon, but there is something I will need help with. The 2 Graveler I caught are like twin brothers or something. Both are male, have Rock Head as an ability and are Level 24. The only difference is one has an Adamant nature with 67 HP and 24 speed, whie the other has a Bold nature with 65 HP and 27 speed.

Which Graveler do you think I should evolve?

P.S. Please do not lock this thread until an answer has been given.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Well, speed wouldn't really matter, Golem is very slow.
I'd pick the Adamant Graveler to evolve, a Bold nature reduces the Attack stat for Defense.
You won't be putting any special attacks on Golem, so use the Adamant nature which reduces Special attack for Attack.

Years
Natures don't matter much in-game, so it's all up to personal preference. Although I think the Adamant nature might be the one worth using since it does have higher Attack and Golem won't be needing special attacks anyway, plus its Defense is good enough as is. The main problem is that it's still weak to most special-based attacks, and especially 4x weak to Grass and Water.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'll just merge this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. If you have any future questions pertaining to 4th Generation Gaming, feel absolutely free to ask them in there!

[ Moved ]

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
When to give a pokemon vitamins?

I have a level 3 larvitar with an adamant nature that just hatched with the moves bite, leer and outrage. I was wondering when and how should I distribute my vitamins?
HP: 16
Attack: 8
Defense: 8
Sp. Attack: 6
Sp. Defense: 8
Speed: 7

TL;DR: when and how do i give vitamins to a larvitar?

Pokémon Trainer 188

Do you have to complete the game for Dual Slot Mode to work? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back