• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years

Haha, I think you should better mention that because it's usually things like that which make the mod decline the thread d: At least, that's what I've noticed all these months, lol. And alright, I understand now, though that looks more like 'Play as Pokemon' than a Mystery Dungeon RP to me, personally.

ye, i guess. So would you be interested in joining something like that? Cos if not, I am working with someone and we are developing a new one!

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I have a suggestion.

Should there be two roleplay threads, the first one "Pokemon Roleplay" and the other one "Other Roleplay"? It's weird to see pokemon and non-pokemon related roleplay threads all in one part of the forum.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I have a suggestion.

Should there be two roleplay threads, the first one "Pokemon Roleplay" and the other one "Other Roleplay"? It's weird to see pokemon and non-pokemon related roleplay threads all in one part of the forum.

A few years ago, the Roleplay corner was divided between "Pokemon Roleplays" and "Other Roleplays." However the Other Roleplay section was often ignored with low traffic, interest and a low number of roleplays at any given time, ultimately making the Other Roleplay section dwindle into obscurity. At one point, not exactly sure when, the decision was made to combine the two sections into a single one and for the most part it actually helped stimulate a rise in the number of non-Pokemon themed roleplays.

So should that division be created again? I would advise against it because if you actually sit down and count how many roleplays are not Pokemon themed in some manner right now, you wouldn't get past 5 or 6 (I could be wrong though and probably am). The fact is that PokeCommunity is a Pokemon themed board and presumably visitors and members will be more interested in Pokemon themed roleplays, at least at first. "Other" roleplays have found their niche here and will continue to be created and people will join them if it suits them, but I don't think the interest is high enough to warrant another trial at a separate board. I'd fear it would once again cause a "dark age" for non Pokemon themed roleplays. Plus, the Roleplay Corner is a good general name that suits the boards. Change is nice, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
What was PC like for you when you first showed up? How did you feel about the site, as well as the community itself? How did you come across the Roleplay section? Had you already been an expert Roleplayer when you joined? Perhaps you did something else entirely?

I joined about a year or so ago, together with a flood of other new members that were joining the Roleplay section. This was back when there was still the "Other Roleplay" section. I had joined to escape some stress at another website, and since I liked pokemon, this was the place to go. The community seemed very inviting and nice, and I really was moved by everyone's sudden kindness to a new user like me. When I first found the Roleplay section, I was very hesitant on joining, since I hadn't roleplayed in several years. But once I joined one, I ended up joining 10 and couldn't stop. One roleplay I got into actually finished as well.

I met some great people and friends, and won an award for Best RPer. I didn't like my username though, so I got this one instead, ahah. Things have slowed down since school, but I hope to bounce back into activity during vacation.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I'm with Raikiri on the re-splitting issue. Making a second attempt at a separation may make problems for the few "Other" roleplays we have right now, and frankly I really enjoy the variety of Other roleplays standing in a Pokémon-centric forum.

What was PC like for you when you first showed up? How did you feel about the site, as well as the community itself? How did you come across the Roleplay section? Had you already been an expert Roleplayer when you joined? Perhaps you did something else entirely?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I think I might have a topic that's pretty good. :3

What was the first RP you were in that actually finished? Did you want to continue? Were you glad or sad?

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
What was the first RP you were in that actually finished? Did you want to continue? Were you glad or sad?

War Between Pokemon & Humans
Best, funnest roleplay I've ever been in, honestly. I must've posted at least 100 times in there, and all of the people would get along and laugh about their characters in the OOC Thread as well. Very little issues, and I'm pretty sure everyone was a little upset to see it end after having so much fun. At least I was, ahah.
We tried to make a sequel, but it didn't come out successful. Oh well. Memories~

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
War Between Pokemon & Humans
Best, funnest roleplay I've ever been in, honestly. I must've posted at least 100 times in there, and all of the people would get along and laugh about their characters in the OOC Thread as well. Very little issues, and I'm pretty sure everyone was a little upset to see it end after having so much fun. At least I was, ahah.
We tried to make a sequel, but it didn't come out successful. Oh well. Memories~

Indeed...indeed...good times xd

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

I was sad War ended. Guys from above know what I'm saying xD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't think we should divide all RPs, although a Prefix with [OTHER] and [POKEMON] would be convenient. I think Dia suggested it a couple of times, but nothing ever happened... sad. Maybe this should be implemented? A lot better than dividing the RP Corner into sub forums.

Damn, that would be War b/w Pokemon and Humans. There was also Pokemon Odyssey which I was about to join but it was already ending so yeah lol. But War was definitely a fun RP, my first RP that I had ever joined and it actually finished. I was sad, but I knew there was a sequel on the way so it was all cool.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@everyone: if you guys liked that RP "a war between pokemon and humans" so much, then how about i make a new kind of RP like that? :) if you guys give me the details i'll make a new RP of it, ofcourse a few little changes or else it would be exactly the same but... yeah i would do that for you guys :3

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
I have never finished an RP.

To be fair, though, I was a pretty average writer before my 2010-2011 hiatus - Which brings me to the reason I am in this thread right now.
See, there was this RP I made pre-hiatus (haven't GM'd anything since I returned) that I really liked. Simple yet rather dark plot.
Actually, it really reminds me of Disease Deoxys, TBH. Except the 'infected' pokemon were absolutely mindless instinctive killing machines and it was a Mystery Dungeon RP (HOW did they let this slide under PG?!). I even had Deoxys slotted in for a villain!

Anyway, I was thinking of bringing it back, maybe. Minus the PMD aspects, 100 year timeskip and set in Unova because I like Unova. Also I'll change the villain... if the reboot even has a villain. I have to make it stand out from its competitor, even if I'm playing said competitor.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@EVERYONE:

I'm looking for people who can give me the details of the old RP called "a war between pokemon and humans"

please tell me if you know the details, thank you ^^

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Started writing out the plot for the RP I mentioned above, and wow. It's getting complicated.

It takes place in an alternate version of BW... where N won. He's soon overthrown by Ghetsis (As was his plan all along) and it basically creates a nightmarish dystopia where Team Plasma rules with an iron fist.

Unfortunately, Ghetsis is too busy with his ULTIMATE POWER to notice that what's left of the wild pokemon population is slowly growing more aggressive...

So, it becomes a multi-faction RP. Team Plasma VS. insane hyper-pokemon VS. whatever stragglers left from the human and pokemon population can fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back