• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
if others are not having this issue Id say its something specific to you. your rom or or something...

maybe try a different source for the patch (there are several around but the site in my sig is the most reliable, since i know noonw but me is updating it)

i also dont think its your .sav

is it only 4 points isle that has no sound... or does this issue extend to kanto once it has started.

and the evolution thing is odd, how many different pokemon have you had this issue with.

A few Pokemon have had this issue and the sound thing extends all over Kanto and the islands

I've tried different ROMs but all of them have the same issue. Could it be my save file? I have also been using cheats for rare candies. Idk if that matters. I've also remembered other problems I've had before. I chose Charmander but saw Raikou before fighting Brock standing in the hedges. When I went back through Diglett Cave, it was gone. Never showed up again. Also, the pichu egg given to you by Celebi was there before I ever fought Celebi.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
First off, I love this hack and me and my friend have played it alot...but i have an issue and i am not finding a jerachi egg at the meteor site...and i havent been able to find latios or latias and im not to sure where they are located so i would lov some help

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
After the elite four the background music for towns ( not for the rival and battles) has stopped. More importantly no pokemon can evolve. The game will not progress past the finalized picture of the evolved form.

This has occurred for spearow, vulpix and growlithe. All of whom could evolve before the elite four.

This has occured on both a windows and mac emulator in different playthroughs. I have now tried to update additional roms with ultra violet. And none of them has fixed the problem. Any suggestions?

ltank

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
odd... someone above you (3 or 4 posts) said the same thing... I will look into it... no promesis (it seems to be beyond my skills but ill try)

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Well if you can tell me what caused the issue I can try to avoid the problem. It appears that you and many others have had no issues.

ltank

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
I am having trouble getting to the 4 point isles. The girl in Vermillion doesnt give me the letter.
Update-I repatched with newest version. Thank you and good job

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Was I supposed to get the NationalDex at the start?
Also just making sure, I used the Lunar exe on UV then FR.
Is that correct???

Last edited by a moderator:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Yeah, you're supposed to get the National Dex from the start. Maybe you have an old version of the patch, did you download it recently?

If not try another ROM from somewhere else, you may simply have the wrong version of FR itself.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Was I supposed to get the NationalDex at the start?
Also just making sure, I used the Lunar exe on UV then FR.
Is that correct???

On the new version also, if you don't have it, you can get the National Dex just by entering Prof. Oak's lab. This was done to create compatibility with standard FR saves.

odd... someone above you (3 or 4 posts) said the same thing... I will look into it... no promesis (it seems to be beyond my skills but ill try)

Judging by how it is only one or two people, do you think it could be the differences between FR v1.0 and v1.1? I really can't think of any reasons either, seeing as it worked before defeating the E4, but not after.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
how do I stop it crashing when I see bill I enter his house and I just get a black screen and no music is there anything I have to do to prevent this I've beaten misty.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Oh, I forgot something on my last post.
This has occured on both a windows and mac emulator in different playthroughs. I have now tried to update additional roms with ultra violet. And none of them has fixed the problem. Any suggestions?
Not Locksmith but uh...

It would probably help Locksmith a LOT if instead of saying what OS you're using, specifically saying what emulator you're using/what it's based on (what OS it's on really doesn't help things, they're all pretty much the exact same on all platforms for every emulator now). It would be better for testing if it can be ruled out that this is an emulator specific problem or not.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just give the guy a little help so he can pinpoint it.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
What ROM of FR should I get?
Also is VBA an appropriate emulator?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
First of all thx for an awesome rom! I have the same issue as itank, it freezes when my pokemon evolve after beating the elite 4. This sucks because there's no point in playing after this :( help would be appreciated

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
Please still be updating because every time I lose a battle my screen goes black and doesn't teleport me to the nearest pokecentre and the last auto save us just a black screen, thus I have to load my last saved game which who knows how long ago I saved it, so please, if you could, fix this, I'm begging you.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Please still be updating because every time I lose a battle my screen goes black and doesn't teleport me to the nearest pokecentre and the last auto save us just a black screen, thus I have to load my last saved game which who knows how long ago I saved it, so please, if you could, fix this, I'm begging you.
Weird, I never had any problem with losing. Where were you at the time? Was it 4 points, because I remember a warning about losing at 4 points that causes bad things.

Autosave problem however, is a coincidence because of your emulator related to it, might be a good idea to change your settings until it's figured out. What are you using by the way?

Years
Try another Firered ROM because sometimes the Wrong ROM can also cause these sort of bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back