• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
Years
I'm not counting on it, but it's definitely possible.

I would like to add that I'm pretty psyched the female protagonist looks as though she's a blonde. I've been waiting for that forever.

Years
Customizable Characters?

*sorry if a thread like this has been made!

Do you think this feature will be included in the new games? If so, are you for it, or against it? It could be seen that adding this feature would lose the sense of... feeling at home in the game etc. But, it would allow player's their originality, and be a fun new feature, especially in 3D!

And are your for similar features? (like being able to buy clothes and change your outfit, etc) Elaborate! :D

Edit: oops, there's already a thread like this! Please delete or lock :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
That would be pretty awesome. I think the clothing for the characters this time around is really plain so I hope they have options to spruce it up or maybe add accessories!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
What if you could use your 3DS's Mii's face as your customizable feature? A couple of games have done that or will do that. I.e Mario Kart, Mario Bros. U.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
What if you could use your 3DS's Mii's face as your customizable feature? A couple of games have done that or will do that. I.e Mario Kart, Mario Bros. U.
TBH I hope they don't do this. Mii's are hideous in my opinion.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
In the part of the trailer where the Male character is running through the woods with a girl behind him, that girl looks different than the one running through the field. I doubt it an NPC because she isn't following directly behind the male, it seems to be some form of co-op play.

Years
I really hope that even some basic customization is possible, since the technology should be able to handle it at this point. Obviously they wouldn't be showing anything other than the default clothes in the first trailer, but the beginning looking into the mirror does bring up an interesting point (or, it could just be the player looking into the mirror before they start on their journey).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I would love player customisation, even if it was only a change of clothes. Especially because I thought the male character in the trailer looked to much like Hilbert. I'd be disappointed if it used the 3DS Miis, because I too think they're rather hideous.

Years
Customization would be awesome!! This would give your adventure a more personal touch. :3

I don't think that there's enough info from the pictures that have been released though and it really could go either way.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Yeah, the character standing in front of the mirror did hint customization. I hope we can change many things... Like hair color. We never got a blond protagonist. Racism if you ask me :D -kidding (just in case...)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
In the part of the trailer where the Male character is running through the woods with a girl behind him, that girl looks different than the one running through the field. I doubt it an NPC because she isn't following directly behind the male, it seems to be some form of co-op play.

More Likely it's an NPC, don't forget, in D/P/Pt, HG/SS and B2/W2, NPC's could follow you, heck, in the gen 4 games you had at least 5 NPCs who could do so, so doubt it's co-op.

Years
Spoiler:

GUYS.
IT'S PROBABLE

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
That would be cool to be able to customize the main characters.

It would be even more interesting if they used the Mii you create on the 3DS for your main. I guess this would really make it custom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I really hope that they make this a new feature. I'd be so amazing. not JUST sunglasses or accessories, either. Jackets, shirts, pants, shoes, hats, etc etc. I'd have so much fun with it. <3

Years
I'd take it a step further and wish for physical changes to the character - hair color, eye color, height, weight, etc. I'd make it look like me, which would be pretty damn cool I think.

Back