• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did I manage to get this name?!?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
In school I was pretty deep into the whole manga drawing stuff and I came up with many different characters. My username is the abbreviation of one of my favourite characters I created at that time.

The only thing that annoys me is that some websites don't allow dots in usernames...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My name was derived from the Join Avenue title I give to my protagonist in Black 2, which happens to be named Wind Heart. I chose Wind because I like wind as part of the name btw.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Well, I'm a Sonic fan, and Modern Sonic doesn't get much love sadly (06 tends to turn people away), so Classic Sonic. That, and that I spend a lot of time playing the classic Sonic games (also CS is rather cute <3 )

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I have a lot of usernames, and each one has a bit of a meaning to it.

My first serious name was Raian the Fallen. It was during a point where I was seriously fighting a crippling depression. I was struggling to make friends and I pretty much felt fallen.

Then when I registered this account, I was using Purple Materia. I felt my depression had subsided (at least for a little while) and I wanted to ditch the melodramatic fallen tag. So, I based this name off my favourite game - Final Fantasy VII.

It didn't live long, so I switched to SatoshiRaian, as a reference to the anime protagonist's Japanese name.

The one I'm using a lot these days is SynthesisRTF. I created it when I realized that any depression I could possibly have would only be temporary. So I focused everything I learned up to that point and synthesized a new persona that would provide me with happiness. I still wanted to hold onto my older name, so I incorporated Raian the Fallen back into the name.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Assassin's Creed fan here, Altair happens to be my favorite Assassin. I just wanted Altair to be apart of my username, I didn't know what to put with it, I ended up with 'trainer' as in Pokemon Trainer...

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I would typically use my nickname (Halo) or my full name (Haleigh), but I wanted something different. Nimbo is just a somewhat shortened version of cumulonimbus clouds, except I didn't like the word nimbus...and nimbo just sort of happened.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Barrage is actually my second username that I changed from my first username, Gojira, back when PC did username changes. But anyways, the name Barrage came from when I was doing a Nuzlocke of FireRed a few years back and I caught an Exeggcute that I nicknamed Barrage because of it knew the move Barrage. Long story short, Barrage was the MVP of that nuzlocke run and thus I renamed myself in honor of him. Gojira was just the Japanese name of Godzilla, and I thought it sounded cool.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
I made my name in another forum just because it sounded cool. No kidding, really. It just came right off the top of my head.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I wanted to incorporate my favorite team (Uga Bulldawgs) But i didn't really have a good way to do so. But chilidogs is a good way to put it in there so i just did ChiliDawgs

Years
I'm using Knormageddon, to combine two of my previous nicknames.

Knor was a nickname given to me by two of my closer friends (my name being Connor), and so I've just been using Knor as nickname ever since.

I added '-mageddon' to it, because Knor is more than likely taken on sites/games where I try to register it on. My PSN is 'guitarmageddon94' (Feel free to add me!), and so I've just taken my '-mageddon' part from that and stuck it on the end of my nickname. :]

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I got mine when I was registering, and I think my sister made me laugh so hard with a joke and I guess that's why I chose it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I kept my original username from the last place I was at.
The Bubblun part came from the fact that Bubblun is my all time favorite VG character. The Air part was originally because of how agile I was in real life, then Airbourne Bubblun came to be because of a Wrestler in the WWE called Evan Bourne, who was nicknamed "Airbourne", so I put it in.

TY

My nickname has two different stories of their own

Obviously "Excadrill" comes from my fave Gen 5 pokemon Excadrill, imo a tough badass looking mole.

Now for "Shadow". Back in the days i really played loads of online Tiberian Sun matches, i got called Shadow a lot for just randomly showing up with a big army or being really sneaky stealing money away from my opponents (nothing better than harvesting tiberium everywhere hehe).

So thats how "ShadowExcadrill" existed.

Years
Sammi is a nickname for Samantha, my first name. sammi-san was a childhood nickname from my awesome older sister. We were both going through a bit of a weaboo phase at the time.

The thing is, I'm very bad with usernames. When final usernames came up, I wanted to go back to something that had Sammi in it, and since Sammi was taken, I just went back to sammi-san. It was either that or stick to Sana. Probably should've done that instead. At least Sana doesn't scream "weeaboo"... oh well!

Better sammi-san than nayana_1120. ohgodwhy

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I use this name everywhere. I haven't seen anyone else with this username. XD
It's a mix of my old nickname which was mikalicious.
Switched the first 4 letters and added "alina" and there it is. :)

Aristocrat

mustache
Years
I was helping my little sister do an essay while I was registering here. It was about her favorite places to go, and she loved going to The Aristocrat Restaurant. I was sort of surprised that no one took that name yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
"Perdition Haze" is a song by Disarmonia Mundi, an Italian death metal band. It's one of my favorite songs by them. When I was signing up here, I was listening to this song and decided to go along with it. I don't feel too comfortable with this name anymore, though, so I wish I chose some other name. A name that I could've been happy with for more than a couple of years. xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
There's a fantasy book series called DragonLance, and it was a big influence on my writing style. A character in the series spends all day writing the events of the world, while being pretty much completely cut off from the people he's writing about by his own choice. Before the round of last name changes took place here, I was reading the chapter where he's introduced, and took the name. It just seems to fit me the best.

If the name's taken on other sites, I just stick "ninja_" at the beginning. That came from a joke between a friend and me. I had found a user on another site using the name "pirate_asty", shared that with my friend, and she suggested I go by "ninja_asty". I used to call myself "speaker_astinus" though, because "speaker" is in reference not only to DragonLance but also my favorite book ever, Speaker For the Dead.

Obviously, I do a lot of reading!

Back