• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon B/W does anyone notice the dialogue?

Years
I'm one of the people who loves good dialogue in a Pokemon game, it makes the characters more 'real' in a way, i like it when characters go into detail for example Prof.Elm was a awesome character, his dialogue brought out his quirkiness in HG/SS. But B/W was great for it's dialogue also, i really like N's.
So, basically what i'm wondering is, does anyone else notice the dialogue in Pokemon games? If so what character in B/W has your favorite dialogue? Include the most interesting dialogue in your post so we can all see it! Try to discuss as much as you can about the dialogue in this thread too!

Last edited by a moderator:

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
Yay, another one who loves good dialogues. *brofist*

I like N's character too. :) And Bianca's.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah... I'd rather if people actually wrote their favourite quotes/dialogue, rather than broadly say you like a certain character, because we need reasons - and people can discuss easier, etc. So just adding that into the first post. Besides this isn't really for which is your favourite character in general, so yeah.

Either way for me, I personally thought that B/W had the best quotes, a lot better than in past games, tbh.

The best one by far is, "My name is Elesa. I'm also a model." It's just... so amazing. Oh yeaaaah and Charles, "I'm a heartbreaker... my name... Charles." IT'S JUST SO DAMN HILARIOUS.

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 23
  • Hmm
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I love N's dialogue! ''I can hear your pokemon voice...'' when you battle him first time! And that one too!: When you beat the 5th or 6th badge, he talks to your Pokemon and see if they like you! It's awesome! Strange but cool!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I likw Ghetsis dialouge: We only free pokemon from wacked people.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Dialogue is what makes a story usually... How people react to things that happen throughout...

I personally liked Alder's and Cheren's dialogue, the former coming off as wise, and the latter showing development throughout the game...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
N is the character that has the wisest things to say. Not just silly rantings and ramblings and such. what he is saying actually makes sense in real life.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I actually don't like it a lot, apart from maybe Bianca's which is just kinda silly. Apart from that I find it pretty boring tbh, and usually I just skim or even skip through it!

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
"Hi! I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear."

As you can see the quality of dialogue has increased over the gens. I think Black and White had the most thoughtful and for once the 'evil' team actually had a point. Is it cruel to force these creatures into battle for money and fame (face it, that is what your character is after)? At least untill Ghetsis went full crazy, I was a little disapointed with that. Although it made N a more sympathetic character.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I have to agree with Forever on Charles, I mean, pratically the whole town talks about how he's so cool and all, and once you finally talk to him, he explains the new type of battle (whether it be Rotation or Triples) and then he says he is a Heartbreaker who's name is Charles.

I mean, am I the only one who thought you could get Heart Scales from this guy? Yeah? I thought so :(

Years
Yay, another one who loves good dialogues. *brofist*

I like N's character too. :) And Bianca's.

I didn't really like Bianca's she came off as ditzy and dumb which was a tad annoying haha, here's an example,
"Wh-whoa! What happened?! Wow! Pokémon are amaaaaazing!! So little, but so strong! I'm so glad that I get to have a Pokémon! ...Oh. Um, sorry about your room"

"Hi! I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear."

As you can see the quality of dialogue has increased over the gens. I think Black and White had the most thoughtful and for once the 'evil' team actually had a point. Is it cruel to force these creatures into battle for money and fame (face it, that is what your character is after)? At least untill Ghetsis went full crazy, I was a little disapointed with that. Although it made N a more sympathetic character.
Yeah, N was a more interesting character because he's not your usual villain, for example all the Rocket Grunts just say,
"We're pulling a big job here! Get lost, kid!" whereas N says more deep things like
"Your Pokémon... Just now, it was saying..." which makes him a interesting character.

I actually don't like it a lot, apart from maybe Bianca's which is just kinda silly. Apart from that I find it pretty boring tbh, and usually I just skim or even skip through it!
Really? i thought it was great, but i have to agree with you Bianca's.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think N's dialogue is interesting. He talks a lot more quicker than the other characters and he makes references to science. Bianca's dialogue is also rather entertaining.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I enjoyed N's dialouge and his references to math and science (for me this made his alias being N more laughable).
I also enjoyed Ghetsis dialouge at the end, it really brought out his mental collapse as a villain considering how calculating his dialogue was until that point.

Years
I enjoyed N's dialouge and his references to math and science (for me this made his alias being N more laughable).
I also enjoyed Ghetsis dialouge at the end, it really brought out his mental collapse as a villain considering how calculating his dialogue was until that point.

Ghetis was a character that you grew to hate with his dialogue which is really nice :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Upon most cases I was happy with the dialogue. Bar the fact there was some clear mis-translations. My biggest annoyance with the few occasions where the player character talks to themselves. Most notably in Dragonspiral Tower when the player talks about the disturbances above. I found that to be rather untidy.

Years
Upon most cases I was happy with the dialogue. Bar the fact there was some clear mis-translations. My biggest annoyance with the few occasions where the player character talks to themselves. Most notably in Dragonspiral Tower when the player talks about the disturbances above. I found that to be rather untidy.

Yeah, the mistakes sorta knock your focus out a bit especially at Dragonspiral Tower where the story starts to get intense.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I think a lot of people notice dialog, actually.

Personally, I liked Steven the best. I just think his character in general is cool.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
I like Alder's dialogue the best, but N and Ghetsis are good too.

"I... I lost. I should have been able to demonstrate the bond between me and my Pokémon. That would have shown that brat the worthlessness of his outrageous dreams. So, his convictions were the real thing... Be careful. The ones who change the world are always the ones who pursued their dreams. <Player>, I ask this of you. Even if Pokémon and people are separated, nothing good will come of it. Please let him know that!"

"N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
N of course, like almost everyone else.
Why?
I enjoy how he believes in what he says...and how some trainers are bad. It sheds a bit of light to the darker side of the PokeWorld. At the end however, everything was ruined with Ghetsis's speech. About N being warped and his true goal to be the only one with pokemon. The story was deep and I found myself seeing both sides of the situation...until Ghetsis. Maybe that dialogue was supposed to make anyone who N convinced not believe in Team Plasma...as in if a player sees the sense in N's words, Ghetsis's speech is supposed to motivate them or something to stop Team Plasma instead of not wanting to stop them, but to join them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
I usually try to pay attention, and it always bugged me how your character in the game never talks. I wish he/she did.

Back