• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pounce! - The Cat Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Heh, I never thought of that. I think most people don't really notice how special cat Pokemon are, I mean, some of the most feline Pokemon (Meowth, Skitty, Glameow lines) are Normal-types, which sounds, well, normal, and I'm not sure how many people out there use Normal-types on a regular basis. I may be wrong on that though, hmm. But they do have their own quirks, like Delcatty's signature ability Normalize. There's also the fact that Persian and Liepard are very fast, but lack defensive abilities, so I think they're harder to use in battle without a good strategy. So while I do agree that the Eevee bunch are insanely popular, maybe only surpassed by Mew when it comes to feline Pokemon, I'm not sure if many people even see them as cats, they're more of a mishmash of canine and feline, and they're such a particular gang, that I don't think people even bother grouping them together or comparing them as a group to other Pokemon.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Eevee is probably so popular due it its uniqueness and difference from other Pokemon in the game. Since they get evolutions every other gen, they're constantly being brought back into the spotlight. I consider them secondary Pokemascots. They also genuinely have good designs. People like things that resemble cats or foxes, generally, they're popular animals. So with all this combined Eevee was destined for greatness!

Oh, and do you guys think any kitties should get Mega Evolutions?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Neither are exactly kitties, but I can see Arcanine and Weavile getting Mega Evolutions. They're popular and good in battles, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise then.

But out of the definitely feline Pokemon out there, I'd like to see Luxray mega-evolving. He's one of the underrated kitties, but I already love its design and I want to see an even cooler looking Luxray. And maybe that way he'd finally get to be an Electric/Dark-type like everybody expects from its looks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Neither are exactly kitties, but I can see Arcanine and Weavile getting Mega Evolutions. They're popular and good in battles, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise then.

But out of the definitely feline Pokemon out there, I'd like to see Luxray mega-evolving. He's one of the underrated kitties, but I already love its design and I want to see an even cooler looking Luxray. And maybe that way he'd finally get to be an Electric/Dark-type like everybody expects from its looks.
This is pretty much what I'm expecting haha. Arcanine and Weavile seem like sure-fire Pokémon to be given mega evolutions just because half the fan base would never forgive Gamefreak for not including them, but unfortunately I think most of the underrated felines will be left out of the loop here. Although it's not impossible; I don't think anyone expected mega Kangaskhan to happen so anything could come true XD I'd love to see a mega Luxray like above and perhaps a mega Declatty with some badass beauty design powers but I fear that a mega evolution could be taking away from the point of most of the felines. A lot of them basically are just plain normal Pokémon with a cute demeanour and whiskers; that's what I like about them but would it not be spoiled by them mega evolving? I'm honestly not sure haha.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So with the new reveals from CoroCoro, it seems like we're getting not one, but two new feline Pokemon, yay!

First we have Litleo and its newly revealed evolution, Pyroar! I still don't get why they're dual-type Fire/Normal, as it just adds a Fighting weakness sadly, but what I really love is the major gender difference, that Luxray should've had too.

Now, technically, lionesses don't have any manes, while female Pyroar do have a long, sleek mane, but that's probably because it wouldn't have looked like a Fire-type without it. And personally, I really love her style, I think I prefer the female version to the male version, how about you guys?

120px-Pyroar-Male.png
120px-Pyroar-Female.png

And there's also a new kitty Pokemon, Meowstic! It has two tails and given their Psychic typing, I'm thinking they may be based off a nekomata, i.e. Japanese cat yokai that domestic cats turn into when they grow older and their tail splits. Again, I prefer the female version here as well, she looks so cute with the blue beret and scarf, hehe. And speaking of sexual dimorphism, Meowstic not only have obvious physical differences, but apparently males are better at support moves, while females are better at attacking moves. How are they going to implement this, I'm guessing they'll have different moves to learn, or even different stats?

120px-Meowstic-Male.png
120px-Meowstic-Female.png

Snowdrop

Years
I LOVE Pyroar, I think I'm going to have two on my team and name them Lukio and Lune. If anyone knows what those names are from, kudos to you :D

Meowstic, I'm not so big on. I really dislike the male's color scheme and design. It looks to... fan-arty. Not to mention there was actually some Fakemon called Meowstick from a while back, but that doesn't really have anything to do with it. The female is okay, I like design and color scheme a lot better.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
After going to the X/Y subforums, I remembered that Meowstic was part of some rumors from a while ago, and that there was also mention of a pre-evolution, Espurr. Now, I can't really see this Meowstic getting a pre-evolution, since it already looks like a kitten, so maybe Meowstic itself is the pre-evolution, and Espurr will be the final stage?

Snowdrop

Years
No, Espurr and Meowstick were entirely fan-made. Espurr was Psychic/Electric and I don't remember what Meowstic was. I remember seeing two different Mewostics (spelled Meowstick) and one of them shared little in common with the real one except their names are the same. It walked on all fours and had long eyelashes, and I think it's still on deviantArt actually. I don't quite know how Espurr showed up on the official Pokemon website, but they took it down immediately. And still, it doesn't even look like it fits into the world of Pokemon. I'm guessing some really smart person got in there or something, I don't know.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Is it possible that Espurr was a legitimate Pokémon but the information/pictures were fan-made? I have no idea how likely this is considering this is the first I've heard of it but I'd love to see it be true. I'm really looking forward to using Meowstic in-game (mostly so I can pretend it's Kero/Spinel from Cardcaptor Sakura ;D) and I adore the concept behind it so hopefully it'll turn out to be as cool as expected, but I think an evolution or even a baby form will add more character to the Pokémon. Hopefully the male evolves into a fierce winged beast and the female could evolve into an angel cat or something ♥

Years
I am so in love with Meowstic and this big guy right here:

120px-Pyroar-Male.png

They look amazing! Meowstic does resemble a fanmon more than an actual Pokemon but I'm sure with enough time I'll get used to it. Definitely going to have one of them on my team.. thinking of the female but not sure yet, hmm. Might get the boy and name it after my boyfriend for fun!

Pyroar's mane is just gorgeous. He's such a flawless big boy lion.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Snowdrop, it's actually how Ozzy says, way back in May there were rumors about Espurr/Meowstic (link), that simply state:
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?).
The fakemon you mention are probably just fan-made designs made after the rumors came out. Anyway, seeing how most of the Pokemon mentioned back then actually came true, bar some spelling errors, one can only hope that there will in fact be an Espurr too :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I am so in love with Meowstic and this big guy right here:

120px-Pyroar-Male.png

They look amazing! Meowstic does resemble a fanmon more than an actual Pokemon but I'm sure with enough time I'll get used to it. Definitely going to have one of them on my team.. thinking of the female but not sure yet, hmm. Might get the boy and name it after my boyfriend for fun!

Pyroar's mane is just gorgeous. He's such a flawless big boy lion.
I love Pyroar too but I can't help wishing there was another stage in the line. Would you guys want it to become a three-tier family? I think a baby version would be utterly adorable and a third stage could really show off the power that a blazing lion should carry. I do hope it's at least strong, it'll be a huge disappointment if it turns out to be incredibly average or something haha.

Snowdrop, it's actually how Ozzy says, way back in May there were rumors about Espurr/Meowstic (link), that simply state:

The fakemon you mention are probably just fan-made designs made after the rumors came out. Anyway, seeing how most of the Pokemon mentioned back then actually came true, bar some spelling errors, one can only hope that there will in fact be an Espurr too :)
So do rumours suggest Espurr will be an evolved form or a baby form? I'd prefer a baby (or basic form and it turns out Meowstic is an evolved form) since it'll make the tiny little things seem so much more impressive and daunting if they've had to evolve to reach that power. A baby would look adorable and I feel like an evolved form would lose the "we're tiny things but we have so much power" vibe so hopefully they'll make Meowstic the evolved form and Espurr will be below it.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
The rumors suggest that Meowstic is the evolved form of Espurr, but I wonder how much tinier would Espurr be if that were the case, hehe. I really do hope that either way, the final evolution would be turn out to be a strong Pokemon, but somehow I get the feeling like they're supposed to work well as a team in a double battle, so and with them being the first (I think?) Pokemon to have different learn sets for different genders, I hope they don't turn out as just another gimmick Pokemon.

Snowdrop

Years
Someone on Tumblr said Pyroar was totally sexist, and of course it was completely refuted xD I don't think the design is sexist, only the description (by a little) since male lions are not really leaders or even that dominant. If you want a true male leader, I'd look towards the gorilla. Is anyone actually offended by Pyroar? No offense, but I don't really see how they would be.

New Topic: Every Dog Pokemon goes to battle with every cat Pokemon. However, only pure dogs are in the battle (excludes Arcanine and Absol and others who share mixed traits) and only pure cats (Again, no one like Arcanine or Absol). Who is the victor and why?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Username: Stoney the Togekiss
Nickname: Stoney
Partner: Absol
Partner's name: Abigail
Favorite real-life cat: I am a TRUE cat lover so... ALL OF THEM!!!

& I can't really answer the current topic...
I'd have to do research first...

Snowdrop

Years
Well tickle my tummy with a feather and call me a banjo, you guys were right! Espurr is a real Pokemon, but it looks nothing like the Espurr revealed long ago. It's extremely odd there were two Fakemon that have the same names as official Pokemon now. Anyways, here is Espurr:

FZ6Gb1I.jpg

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
While it makes me happy that it's a 2 stage evolutionary line, I'm with Stoney on this one, it's rather unimpressive. It may be that I'm really tired and sleep deprived right now, but that's just not the super adorable, tiny kitten we've been hoping for.

Can we be sure that the pic is legit though?

Snowdrop

Years
Yes, I'm about 90% sure, it's coming from the person who is, right now, against Nintendo's will, playing the game and posting his feed. He posted Carbink, Blue Vivillon, and Delphox, which are real. Also, along with Espurr, Fletchinder was revealed. There is a livestream somewhere and if I come across it I'll post it.

I like it a lot better than the Espurr previously seen. It's plain and simple, just how I tend to like them. It's eyes look pink though, which, uh, no me gusta because it reminds me of pink eye :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back