• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

LxNightWalker

Sniper of The Year
Years
try looking at the x/y position on the map. move your mouse pointer at the point where you want to position your warp (or at the door you added), then look at its x/y position at the bottom left of the advance map. you can copy these attributes to your warp details (x/y position) to position where your warp should be located. And please don't forget to put "3" at the unknown slot. it's most commonly used at doors or cave doors. "4" for ladder. and lastly, check the behavior of your chosen door tile. it should be 61 00 for warp... (hope it helps..)

I figured it out last 3 weeks, and thanks by the way.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 4, 2015
I figured it out last 3 weeks, and thanks by the way.

ahm, can I ask something. well, do you know how to make a new map without replacing the other existing maps and be able to rename it. Using A.M. 1.92 always leads me to create a map with pallet town as its name. I'm just new to this and find it interesting to make a new world... Is it possible. Thank You....

LxNightWalker

Sniper of The Year
Years
ahm, can I ask something. well, do you know how to make a new map without replacing the other existing maps and be able to rename it. Using A.M. 1.92 always leads me to create a map with pallet town as its name. I'm just new to this and find it interesting to make a new world... Is it possible. Thank You....

I don't know too. Why not try creating new map sections? (If it's possible)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
I scripted for someone to give an item, then they can't give you another.
But the person can give it again once you enter a building and return, as if it resets the flag. Can someone help?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
could someone help me. i recently changed the palette of the maps in my rom and theres this problem- when the player walks through the grass it reverts back to its original color. could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong and how i could fix it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
I was testing out a map I made and one of the warps led to a black screen. I tried to fix it any way I could, I deleted and remade the warps, I used a different map for where the warp leads, I changed the tiles the building was made out of, I changed the location of the warp/doorway, everything. All the warps work in Advance Map so I have no idea what is going on. Help?

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Anyone know how to get around the "Value .... is not a pointer!" error? I can't open some of my maps now because of it. The exact messages:

ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): Value $A8000000 is not a Pointer! Please contakt [email protected]

ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): Value $FF08E3D5 is not a Pointer! Please contakt [email protected]

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Is there anyway to delete or rename a bank?
Edit: Found out how to rename it

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 26, 2015
im making a rom hack at the moment And was wonderin how you could do this.Make a map inassecable untill u have a pokemon,like in the real game when you cant leave pallet town untill u have a pokemon,

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 21, 2015
This tutorial really covered aspects I wanna know. Thanks for the tutorial dude.
Gotta start hacking!

Years
i have been used the newest version of advanced map (1,95) i think.
pokemon gba game: leaf green
i have trying to learn how it works.
i made warp to another warp on the same map. i have typed all the numbers right. but when i hit 'goto' of one of the warps it works. it warped me to the other warp. but i can't save the warp or any events. i can't save it and start on another map.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
I have a question regarding the initial start-up of an Emerald ROM. Once you're done choosing your gender in the intro screen with the Poke-professor (Which would be nice if anyone can help me locate it), how do you script the first warp from that la-la land into the actual game? I cannot find the scripting for that and when I study the original scripts from the back of the trunk on Emerald, I just come up confused with the sorcery they have used. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Also, how can you edit scripts found in Emerald with XSE and save it so that the script you drafted is the one actually used instead of the old one? And example is changing the Pokemon Center signs to say something else. How would you move into doing that throught Advance Map (As I cannot open the ROM archives through XSE alone).

Thanks for the help in advance ;)

Last edited:
Back