• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Borderlands 2

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I don't think I've seen a topic on this yet and I did a search and didn't even find one thread on it.

The game releases in about 4 hours for me, but others already have the game because of time zones. I feel like the only one on this forum who know of this game's existence, which somewhat surprises me with all the publicity the game has been getting.

This'll be one of the first times I'm going to a midnight release.

Anyone else getting this game?

Zet

Years
Borderlands 2 releases on the 20th here in Australia, and I'll be getting it for PC. Did anyone else here pre-order that ultimate loot chest edition?

Years
Borderlands 2 releases on the 20th here in Australia, and I'll be getting it for PC. Did anyone else here pre-order that ultimate loot chest edition?

I have friends who activated their copy over a VPN, so they're already playing. I didn't pre-order it - I think I'm going to wait until it goes on special, as I have enough games to play already. Loved the first one, though. It's good to see they correction all of the flaws in the first, such as that pathetic FoV, mouse smoothing, etc.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I haven't played the first one yet, so I'm wondering if I should get that first, or just screw it and buy it. It sounds awesome, for sure.

Then again, I got games to save up for anyway (RE6, Playstation All Stars, Dead Space 3, Deadpool, etc)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I sooo want to get this. I love the first one and I'm not even really a fan of shooters. xD I love the RPG elements.

Video Gaming Event
Header Text
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla ut facilisis sem. Nulla luctus dolor ac sem pellentesque, et vehicula orci viverra. Nam aliquam, arcu vitae tempus convallis, enim ligula gravida diam, vel suscipit felis metus vulputate arcu. Maecenas eget odio tellus. Nam lobortis eleifend cursus. Aenean at porta sem. Pellentesque lacinia sit amet libero non pellentesque. Nulla facilisi. In ut sodales risus, vel consequat libero. Nullam vitae gravida risus. Quisque porta elit ac dui luctus, non tristique ipsum semper. In iaculis bibendum diam eu mattis.

Header Text
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla ut facilisis sem. Nulla luctus dolor ac sem pellentesque, et vehicula orci viverra. Nam aliquam, arcu vitae tempus convallis, enim ligula gravida diam, vel suscipit felis metus vulputate arcu. Maecenas eget odio tellus. Nam lobortis eleifend cursus. Aenean at porta sem. Pellentesque lacinia sit amet libero non pellentesque. Nulla facilisi. In ut sodales risus, vel consequat libero. Nullam vitae gravida risus. Quisque porta elit ac dui luctus, non tristique ipsum semper. In iaculis bibendum diam eu mattis.

Header Text

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Loved the first one and have this pre ordered but I have to wait till the 21st to get it which is driving me insane. Will have it on PC and probably just play solo till some friend pick it up later this month.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Guys, there wasn't much that you missed in BL1. You can just jump into BL2 and know what's going on. No missing plot devices, though playing the first makes some parts more significant in a way, such as meeting the 4 main characters from BL1 the first times.

Pretty much anything significant from the first game, which is far and few between, is explained in the sequel.

The game is absolutely fantastic, you guys need to play it. There's a reason I've been offline for the past two days. The physics of the game have been improved so much. The way the vehicle controls is much, much more realistic. Even stuff like running things over has been tweaked so you don't push enemies and cause your vehicle to explode, but just run things over, doing less damage and none to your vehicle. If you break during a boost and turn left you can do a power slide I believe, which is pretty cool.

The story is much better this time around, and Gearbox did a good job of really making you hate the villain. He's not just some guy in the background spouting insults at you, it's actually been established that he's killed some key characters from the last game and
Spoiler:
It actually gets pretty heavy.

Oh, and:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I so can't wait to get this, shame uni starts soon :( I love Borderlands due to the huge RPG element, as well as the shooting aspect being a lot of fun which I'm not normally interested in, so it's a great game all around. After looking at all the trailers etc for this game, I really can't wait to buy it. The main bad guy looks so cool! ;;

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Oh, and:

Spoiler:
OMG I clicked the spoiler not really caring much about it but... Haha.
Spoiler:

I agree, it is an amazing game! EVERYONE MUST GET IT lol especially if you're a fan of the first one. I'm still under level 10 so I haven't found impressive gear yet. I'm looking forward to seeing the story unfold. There's a lot of banter from Handsome Jack, Claptrap, etc. I'm laughing like 5 times a level lol.

I already posted some thoughts on someone's profile so I can go ahead and be lazy and paste it lol ???

Okay so the weapons don't look like carbon copies anymore. There's a lot more variety, even though there are some just called revolver or shield. I mean, variety in name and effects. One gun, once you reload, turns into a grenade. You automatically toss out the gun into the open space and then you get a new reloaded gun. Idk technology lol. Though, the variety in the beginning is something weird. I seem to be only finding pistols, terrible quality shotguns, and some decent rifles. Some others are finding the same stuff but maybe that's how it is in the beginning. I want an SMG!

Okay so the graphics are better imo. It's especially not all brown anymore. I still get a little lost because I'm not used to the area. There's a mini map in the corner of the screen. It's tons better than the waypoint in the bottom center.

The main menu and the in-game menu are much more detailed. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with how much crap is going on in the backpack or the skill tree. There's lots of stuff to read.. Well, there's more room for looking at gun stats and customizing your skills!

Speaking of customization... You can change your character colors using pre-set themes. Idk, I rather liked being able to choose a color per thing in BL1. You can change the hair or headpiece. Right now, I haven't collected many different skins. You can also collect different color skins for the car.

The beginning played out a lot like the first one, so I am a happy camper so far. CATCH A RIIIIIIIIDE

As for playing as Siren, she's alright. Her ability is insanely helpful for someone with terrible aim and spastastic nature like myself. I'm not sure about her personality so far. I hope she's just confident in general like good ol' Lilith.

The driving feels the same for me. I do like how sometimes money is automatically collected. Sometimes it is not, not sure why.

Lol if only I had a diary of my own for all of this as I travel Pandora. XD

Ice Car

Banned
Years
A lot of little things in the game I enjoyed the most. The usual pop-culture references strewn about are always enjoyable, but stuff like everything everywhere usually scaling up closer to your level or to your level, so combat doesn't get boring and stays challenging. In addition to this, the level different does not affect the damage you dish out positively anymore, meaning if you're a higher level than your enemy, you will not deal more damage accordingly as you would in BL1 but you will still take reduced damage from any damage.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
The RPG and customization really makes the game for me. I can't be the judge of video effects and such, as I can barely run the game on low graphics. :|

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I got Borderlands 2 for the PC, and its amazing. Im the Gunzerker since I think dual wielding is awesome, and I enjoy the play style of the zerker running in and tanking everything down. I sit infront of my computer and look up and hours have passed :P I plan as playing as every class :D

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I love Borderlands 2. I constantly have been playing the game since I bought it during it's release day, and I already have a Lv 50 Siren with some powerful gear obtained from Terramorpheus. (I have issues I know)

Originally I was planning on using Zer0 because of his sniper skill tree, but I loved the idea of phaselock with Maya (but I will always prefer Lilith and her amazing phasewalk) and her ability to revive others from afar and use it constantly without any ridiculous cooldown rates. It has also saved me constantly because I can easily run when I needed to and group enemies together for grenade/bullet spamming.

I also purchased the season pass just to save money on the future DLC. But I hope Gearbox plans on including a tougher boss in one of them because to be honest, none of the bosses were much of a challenge, and to my surprise, Terramorpheus is much easier than Crawmerax.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Major spoilers below. You have been warned.

Spoiler:

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
Years
Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 Online Players Unite!!!

Ok. So I just spent 75 dollars buying me a wireless internet adapter for my Xbox 360 just to play online on Borderlands 2. Now the problem is, I am looking for people online who would like to participate in some online play. If you have an Xbox 360 and Borderlands 2, post your gamertag here (though if you post it here, it becomes public to everybody else). If you do not feel like making your gamertag open to strangers (except me, of course), then just send me a private message.

I will post my gamertag here: Ghostrider2010
Anybody can add me if they want, but if you become annoying, I will delete you and/or ignore you. This is the only warning you will recieve, so play nice and act civil.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Merged with this existing thread. Note also the Online subsection is another way to ask about online matches as well.

Back