• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Swampert - Sapphire
Got the first 4 badges. It's been a while since I played through Hoenn and I quite enjoy it (even though it's my least favorite region) and the run is going quite smoothly too.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
260.png

Finn the Serious Swampert (M) @ Lv.43
Ability: Torrent
Item: Soft Sand
Take Down
Mud Shot
Muddy Water
Water Gun

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey everyone, I've been noticing that some people have been using their hm slaves in battle to use revives when their main Pokemon faint. Now this isn't against the rules but I'd like to say that you should try your best not to do this. It takes a bit away from the whole "solo" aspect of this challenge because you can't use a revive if you only have one Pokemon with you right? If your main pokemon faints I would recommend blacking out and trying again. Also I'll try to be very understanding if you're using a difficult to use pokemon, for example a little while ago someone did a solo with Ditto in Pokemon Red or something and they used revives, but that's completely understandable because you have to waste a turn to use transform giving your opponent a free hit.

I will definitely not deny a championship because of this but please try not to do it, for the sake of you getting the full experience of the solo challenge.

Username:TERFF
Pokemon of Choice:I'll choose exeggcute -> exeggutor ooo and for an hm slave I'll use krabby. (I know you said that you can hack your 1st char in if it isn't available before the 1st gym but can you also hack in an hm slave if you don't have a fishing rod yet?)
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Red

Sorry but you can't hack for any other reason than getting your main pokemon, besides you wouldn't need any hm's that early in the game and they won't even be available to you.

I was wondering if I can do the Ultimate challenge but not do the Kalos region due to me not having either X nor Y yet. If I can't then it's alright I understand.

Username: MC_Riccy
Pokemon of Choice: Politoad
Challenge: Ultimate, if I am allowed, if not Single
Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, and VoltWhite; SoulSilver if I can't do Ultimate.

Yes you can do the Ultimate without X or Y, but you must sign-up for it before the end of the year. (Which you just did) Starting January 1st ever new ultimate challenger will have to play X or Y to be champion, anyone who signed-up before January first can finish their challenge whenever they want and be listed as "Generation V Champions". You can also add X or Y to your sign-up when you get the game if you would like.

Last edited:

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Sorry but you can't hack for any other reason than getting your main pokemon, besides you wouldn't need any hm's that early in the game and they won't even be available to you.
Okay then for my hm slave I'll make it something catchable at this point in the game, thanks :D Maybe an oddish for cut or something at this point and then later a krabby once I get the super rod!

This will be my first update post for my solo run!

Spoiler:

There you go, all done, and all that within a few days xD
Read inside the spoilers for the entire story WITH PICTURES!

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Name: GucciMeme
Pokemon of Choice: Meowth/Persian
Game: Yellow
HM Slaves: Oddish, Lapras, Pidgey

I'm doing this challenge to test the brokenness of Gen 1's critical hit ratio (lol).

Meowth has a 17.59% chance to crit and Persian has a whopping 22.46% chance to crit, all before it learns Slash at Lv.51 and crits at a 100% rate. I'll keep everyone updated.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020
Yes you can do the Ultimate without X or Y, but you must sign-up for it before the end of the year. (Which you just did) Starting January 1st ever new ultimate challenger will have to play X or Y to be champion, anyone who signed-up before January first can finish their challenge whenever they want and be listed as "Generation V Champions". You can also add X or Y to your sign-up when you get the game if you would like.

I would like to sign up for it when I get X or Y (which should be in a week if all goes well) but for now I start FireRed. Thank you for the information BTW.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
ok, so a little more progress...

-I grinded over and over and over and over...
-I faced a trainer by accident and since hidden power was low on PP I lost
-I reset and went around him
-I am had trouble beating a gym at level 29 when the gym has 2 level 19s (cherube and turtwig) and a level 22 (roserade). what have I gotten myself into?
-I spammed sweet kiss + hidden power ghost to bring down the turtwig/cherubi. Now for the killer (magical leaf is overpowered, poison sting can poison, stun spore is annoying but at least I can't get poisoned, my moves are low on pp...)
-HALLALOUAH GYM 2 DONE

2nailaq.png

Years
I completed the Cacturne a while ago (On the first page it's still showing that I am doing cacnea run lol )

I am still training horsea (I hate the fact that Misty is the gym leader in first gen :( )

I started both Mightyena and Riolu run and I will update as soon as I get a little bit further into games - I am at the beginning of both games at the moment so I have nothing to write about :)

Terff

the unimportant
Years
I think I'll start another solo challenge, well actually 2
Name: Terff
Pokemon of Choice: Dunsparce (ALL TEH WAY!!!)
Game: Gold
HM Slaves: I'll decide when I come across em

Name: Terff
Pokemon of Choice: Wurple (No evolve)
Game: Emerald
HM Slaves: I'll decide again when I find em...

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Swampert - Sapphire
Once again I've defeated all the gym leaders. The only challenge I have left: the Elite Four and the Champion.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
260.png

Finn the Serious Swampert (M) @ Lv.66
Ability: Torrent
Dive
Mud Shot
Surf
Earthquake

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Name: GucciMeme
Pokemon of Choice: Meowth/Persian
Game: Yellow
HM Slaves: Oddish, Lapras, Pidgey

I'm doing this challenge to test the brokenness of Gen 1's critical hit ratio (lol).

Meowth has a 17.59% chance to crit and Persian has a whopping 22.46% chance to crit, all before it learns Slash at Lv.51 and crits at a 100% rate. I'll keep everyone updated.

Got bored and since I've played Yellow no less than one million times, I finished the challenge.

Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I completed the Cacturne a while ago (On the first page it's still showing that I am doing cacnea run lol )

I am still training horsea (I hate the fact that Misty is the gym leader in first gen :( )

I started both Mightyena and Riolu run and I will update as soon as I get a little bit further into games - I am at the beginning of both games at the moment so I have nothing to write about :)

Oh crap sorry about that, I must have skipped over it by accident :(

I fixed it now :)

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Swampert - Sapphire
Defeated the Elite Four already, so another solo run is done. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
260.png

Finn the Serious Swampert (M) @ Lv.72
Ability: Swift Swim
Ice Beam
Rock Tomb
Surf
Earthquake

Terff

the unimportant
Years
This shall be my thread for my pokemon emerald challenge with Wurmple! AKA THE BABY!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Well, here's another sign-up.

Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Charizard
Challenge: Single
Game: Red

Years
Oh crap sorry about that, I must have skipped over it by accident :(

I fixed it now :)

I forgive you because you have the best profile picture ever :P (Just kidding - it's no biggie :) )

Anyways here is a little bit of update on Riolu solo run - I will update Mightyena and Seadra tomorrow because I want to get a little bit further into the game first :)

I defeated first gym with no major problems. Currently on my way to defeat some people at Windworks :3

Current team:

447.gif

Anubis, Male, lvl 19
Good endurance. Likes Dry food.
Mild Nature, Ability: Steadfast
Quick Attack
Rock Smash
Reversal
Force Palm

I honestly have no idea how will I get past Fantina D: But we will see :)

Years
Username: Stephen
Game: Pokemon Ruby & Fire Red
Pokemon: Bagon
Ultimate: No (unless you know of any ds emulators that work on a android phone)
Evolve: No

My rules.
One heal per town (two per town with gym)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
-I taught pichu grass knot via TM and bidoof cut vis HM! (you can guess who he's for)
-I beat the team galactic base with only one blackout!
-I dodged a few trainers that had me blackout...
-I faced the rival with only one blackout again! (and savestates...)
-I continued on!
-I got stuck around route 215 because the trainers were tough...
-I beat it! woo!
-Gym challenge!
-Savestate abuse!
-GYM BEATEN
-...Save?

4vr8sx.png

EDIT:
-not much happened between gym 3 and 4. the gyms are the second closest together out of any other two in the game, and I has type advantage on the gym so I didn't have to grind
-after beating team galactic grunts and some dude with ghost types, I healed! yay
-I found out that at level 38 pichu can't even OHKO a level 23 bibarrel using shock wave. ouch...
-gym challenge!
-pichu tried to evolve for it's first time! woo! it likes me!
-I used save states again because gyarados and floatsel are kinda bulky.
-I beat the gym with literally 1 HP remaining
-gym beaten!

2a68pc8.png

oops... forgot to mention I'm not evolving pichu. well, I don't want to stop it from evolving 50+ times, so where can I easily find an everstone?

EDIT 2: ^forget that. and anyway, I'm not evolving because if I did it would be a raichu run instead... in my book, at least.

EDIT 3:
-I chased the galactic grunt north!
-beat my rival while doing that
-got the sprayduck!
-cured psyduck of their headache even though I could've used shock wave to KO then anyway
-went north!
-my HM slaves gained a bit of EXP because a dustox used whirlwind
-hello grinding again!
-hello gym!
-hello savestates!
-hello badge!

2cdc32x.png

also here's how I panned my run:

Spoiler:

-I exited the gym and was able to use surf!
-I flew to the vallew windworks and got the TM for Thunderbolt! the second-most powerful electric-type move pichu can learn (#1 is volt tackle)
-I flew to the place with the meadow plate
-I lost multiple times and eventually realized that waterfall-not just surf-was needed
-I flew to where I was supposed to go! yay
-Grind time
-I had pichu ridiculously overleveled and beat the crap out of the rival and gym. now that I have a good move, the level diffrence caught up with me. steelix and his grotle gave a bit of trouble because the resisted or were immune to thunderbolt, though.
-Beat the gym with only one hyper potion! woohoo! that's 4 gyms in 2 days!

jif7eq.png

Last edited:

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Username: CDChaser
Pokemon of Choice: Sneasel
Challenge: Ultimate
Games:
In this particular order
Fire Red, Emerald, Crystal, Platinum, Black, Black 2.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Charizard - Red
It's been a really long time since I played a first gen game and it was quite refreshing. There aren't many really good moves (at least compared to the newer games), but it's still quite fun. I've got the first 4 badges and I'm aiming to get the next 4.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Charizard @ Lv.47
Scratch
Flamethrower
Ember
Slash

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I forgive you because you have the best profile picture ever :P (Just kidding - it's no biggie :) )
LOL thanks! It's amazing what you can do with google, photoshop, and mediocre skill :P

Username: CDChaser
Pokemon of Choice: Sneasel
Challenge: Ultimate
Games:
In this particular order
Fire Red, Emerald, Crystal, Platinum, Black, Black 2.

Sorry but I'm afraid I need to ask something before I can add you too the OP.

You have 2 Unova games listed but only one is required. You can of course do the challenge with both games but only one of them will count towards your ultimate challenge while the other will just be a single.

As you as you clear this up I'll be more than happy to add you to the OP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back