• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Walking Dead

Sirfetch’d

The Walking Dead is an American TV horror-drama series that was developed by Frank Darabont and is mostly based on the comic book series of the same name although it has many noticeable differences such as storyline, characters, character deaths etc. The show debuted on October 31 2010 and has been running strong ever since and is one of the highest rated shows on television. It is currently in the midseason break of season 4 and will resume airing on February 9th on AMC.

The show follows numerous survivors after the Zombie Apocalypse has occurred and features Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln, as the main character. He lives a fairly normal life before all of this takes place. He has a wife, a son, a job on the police force, and a ton of people who seem to care about him but little does he know, all of this is coming to an end very soon. He is shot in the line of duty and is sent into a coma. As all of this is unfolding something even bigger is too. The Zombie Apocalypse! Rick awakens, alone and lost in the hospital in which he was left for dead. Obviously confused as to what is going on he begins to wander out of the hospital in search of his family but instead finds a father and son who mistake him as a walker. They knock him out, take him in, and once they realize he isn't a threat they give him food, shelter, and enlighten him on the events that have occurred. The next day Rick sets out to find his family which he knows is alive. Along the way he meets many survivors, Andrea, Merle, Glen, Jacqui, T-dog, who eventually reunite him with his family.

Not gonna post much more in the OP because of spoilers but a few questions for you all! What do you most like about the show? Do you think it moves a little to slow? Do you like the character development? Who is your favorite/least favorite character(s)? Who do you miss the most? Who do you think is in most danger of dying next? What do you look forward to in the upcoming season premiere? Discuss! :D

Outlier

I love The Walking Dead. I've been hooked to it since the beginning. It's a fun show with a lot of great characters. My only criticism is that by this point in the series pretty much every character is completely capable of handling themselves which in turn makes the zombies feel like less of a threat.

By the way will this thread allow comic book spoilers? If so I will avoid it like the plague!

Sirfetch’d

I love The Walking Dead. I've been hooked to it since the beginning. It's a fun show with a lot of great characters. My only criticism is that by this point in the series pretty much every character is completely capable of handling themselves which in turn makes the zombies feel like less of a threat.

By the way will this thread allow comic book spoilers? If so I will avoid it like the plague!

Well the thread was intended to be about the show but feel free to discuss the comic in comparison to the series!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I've watched two seasons so far. I haven't picked up the third for some reason (thank you for reminding me actually).

I actually did not expect to be that good. The whole generic zombie premise wasn't really that appealing to me but my friend insisted I watch it. I enjoy the slow-paced story development. I'd rather have an slow, well-made story than a rushed one.

As for the character development, I wasn't too fond of some. Rick's was the standout for me: from a calm, composed and logical sheriff and father to an almost-insane, rash one. He still carries that wit he always had though. My favourite character has to be Daryl. It is to be expected; he is the definition of being a badass. I feel he is most integral to the group, and he developed to a somehow good person after a while and actually used his head. my least favourite character (and possibly ever) is freaking Lori. My god, I LOATHED her. The way she tried to blame Rick for everything, behaved indecently and yet had the audacity to judge her husband and others, and constantly lie. She was horrible.

Spoiler:

I will probably pick up season 3 and 4 soon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
The serie is freaking genius. Enjoyed watching it since I first started it May last year. I thought this was another stupid failing apocalyptic series. But no. Currently watching season 3 (Episode 13 btw).

My favorite character is
Spoiler:
Dale. That guy is just so kind. He knew what to do and always remained calm and used his head, just like Daryl as Thatcher says.
My least favorite character has to be Lori. I dislike her for the reasons Thatcher mentioned, plus she is just stupid, doesn't know what to do, is INCREDIBLY cocky just like her son and she always walks away from Rick when they have an argument.

Sirfetch’d

Like you guys I loathed Lori as well haha. I felt like she was a pretty weak character in general who made more bad decisions for the group than good which is never good when there is a zombie apocalypse! I do miss her in a way though as she did bring a certain element to the show by completing a whole family and now that she is gone I miss that.

As for my favorite character, It is a toss up between Daryl and Michonne. I feel like they are best equipped to survive this thing with their amazing survival skills. Both are stubborn but caring and you just can't help but to love them :D

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
What do you most like about the show? The drama and the over all zombies theme...
Do you think it moves a little to slow? Yes really slow seasons 3 and what's happened so far of 4 is a joke.
Do you like the character development? It's good, I like how carl has evolved from a child to a mature anti hero that takes after shane (and a bit of his dad) but in a bad way being a realist and not an optimist.
Who is your favorite/least favorite character(s)? Is it too early to say Jesus? If so than Carl and Tyreese are my favourite characters.
Who do you miss the most? I can;t spoil the fun for who ever watches the show. But I miss Shane the most.
Who do you think is in most danger of dying next? Dale can't die next so I am not sure, probably a child.
What do you look forward to in the upcoming season premiere? Season 5 already before season 4 is over? great I thought they were taking a break but not sure how long until the next arc comes but I do look forward to it, fear the hunters is my second favourite arc.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I love the show and I cant wait until season four resumes. The mid season finale was awesome and I want to see what comes next. Some thing I have never understood is the Lori hate. What did she do that was so wrong and made her so hated? I think The Walking Dead's fanbase just likes to single out characters and criticize their every move. First it was Carl, then Lori, then Andrea. I wonder who's next.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2014
I love this series and really catch the story.
For me it goes perfect.

Wazee Wynkoop

New Start!
Years
The comic got me started and then the series got me hooked. I just got the 1st 16 volumes for Christmas and now my love for the series has solidified.

Great show, even though it's slow-paced, I'm rarely bored. And I'd say my favorite characters are Rick, Hershel (TV), Michonne and of course Daryl.

Back