• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psyxe-Returning to pixel art. (Help me grow!)

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
A long time ago, i was really into pixel art, mostly pokemon.

Long story short, school forced me to quit, and i really want to start doing it again, so this is how its going to work....
I'm going to post a bunch of sprite-based art that ive done, and maybe some more detailed work... look at it. enjoy it, if you will. If you can, give me something new to add to my "portfolio." New ideas or the same old thing; I'll try to make whatever you request. (even if it isnt strictly pokemon related)

I just want to grow as an artist, and maybe learn something new... all that i am missing is the ideas, really.

so here is what i have for this moment, and i will add more if i can. Thank you to anyone kind enough to help me expand.

Plain sprites
Spoiler:

Animated
Spoiler:

Sprite Sheets
Spoiler:

Other
Spoiler:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
How about making a Fakemon of a gopher. Don't ask me why, I just like gophers. It could be fire type, or normal type, and it could look kinda derpy.

Years
Not sure why you added a PROJECT: prefix/tag, but I removed it because this isn't really a community project and more like a shop.

Also, I remember you. I was impressed by the animated stuff. Good luck. :D

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
lol im glad to be remembered. flattered, really.

sorry about the tag, i had very little sleep and kinda half didnt know what i was doing. :)
---
i'll work on a gopher soon... lol for some reason im thinking that weird eyed looking pokemon from black mixed with diglet.
---

first (badly made) mock up of what i was thinking... points if you can guess where the parts come from. :)
Gopherfakemonfirstopinion_zpsb819ca50.png

i'll flush out some more details in a few.
---
i just stole diglet's dirt, and thats it... shadow, you mentioned wanting either normal or fire type, so im gonna wait for your input before i edit any more... let me know what you think i should do with it.

if i dont hear from you soon, ill just wing it.
Gopherfakemon2ndopinion_zpsf2c02af4.png

Last edited:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
It's really good, I don't mind about the typing thanks

Now can I have a red Trex with orange patterns and its a fire\steel type

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
oh, i was actually not done. i was asking what you wanted me to add for typing... the ones i posted were a basic shape without all the bells and whistles :P

i'll see about a trex, but do you want me to add any more details to the gopher?

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
Um ok sorry. Maybe you could add fire type to it, and maybe a tail. Also maybe make it a bit more pokemony, it looks to realistic. Maybe a battle scar. Otherwise I'm fine

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
yeah, i was going to make it a bit more cartoony. honestly ,what i did was take a real pic of a gopher and pick pokemon who had the shapes i needed, then i took all the shading out and melded peices together. fixed the color and threw in the dirt... i just didnt know exactly what you wanted, so i was making sure. tbh, the body is that rat in black thats an insomniac, and the head is a rounded-toped ponyta. :) xD i think i did a good job at making it unrecognizable.

is there any specific fire-like things you want, or just anything random i think i can fit?

also, got a few ideas for a trex, working on them now.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
What do you think? i tried a few different pallets for this one.
---
Wow, image way too big. hold on, shrinking.
---
there, thats better. :) so, what do you think?
Trextry1_zps39ec7cb6.png

---
I REALLY like this design. Prepped and ready for animation. :)
trexblackanimationprep_zpsf593acde.png

if its okay with you, ill finish the gopher later. i REALLY like this design. Thank you for the inspiration, shadow. this is exactly what i made this thread for.
---
Trexblackanimated_zpsb80958c3.gif

Last edited:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
that is mega awesome congrats on it working so well. I might ask for more tomorrow or whenever, you rock.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
thanks :) i got bored and started programming with it... xD

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
hey im back with a new idea,

a kind of evil looking snowman, it could be dark/ice type. it would have the normal aspects of a snowman but looks like a pokemon and evil maybe ghostly.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
hm... so a possessed snowman? i like it. im not at my home atm, so i dont have my files, but as soon as i get back i'll do it. btw, i'll animate any sprites you want, even customs. just let me know. i've even animated the original black and white red+blue pokemon (which turned out a lot better then it sounds)

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
i mean anything. literally any sprite can be animated pretty easily... if you look at the second pic of the dino i posted, how i tore the peices apart... i just do that, and then i throw them in flash in those peices, and animate it.

oh, if you want i can also retrace them after i animate... it makes an effect like the ones in my sig where they dont look pixelized anymore. i think the cubone is the best example, the others look a bit off.

lol one more edit.... i can also make animated sigs if you want.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
sorry i havent been back in a few days, got a bit sick. i'm alright now, i'll be working on this again tomorrow.

Years
I would like a Pokemon center/mart building in style of HG/SS if you could
Possibly a custom Tree tile that fits in 2 tiles. almost squished version of the HG/SS tree.

This would go into a fan game if i like!

Please look at the examples in the post to see which sprites are available. I don't know if Psyxe knows how to do tiles, and he is free to still do this, but just for reference: use forms if there are any and keep in mind the examples and type of sprites the owner can do.

Back