• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Disrequard the earlier bug. It might have been caused by me speeding up the rom.

And here is a real bug i found. Its in that... maze... place.

The double battle? Well... the girl has one of gleis's scripts. Here's a VBM of it.

And i hate that maze. Its real annoying. Even more annoying is that i can't get into fortree gym.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Disrequard the earlier bug. It might have been caused by me speeding up the rom.

And here is a real bug i found. Its in that... maze... place.

The double battle? Well... the girl has one of gleis's scripts. Here's a VBM of it.

And i hate that maze. Its real annoying. Even more annoying is that i can't get into fortree gym.

I did warn you guys that super-speeding would cause some scripts to malfunction...

That girl has been fixed, and will appear correctly in the next version of Snakewood.

To enter Fortree Gym:

Spoiler:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Question

I have a quick question.
what typing is Kingmadio? Because as I am typing I am fighting the champion and I have no moves that hit it so I'm just waiting for it to kill itself with struggle.
While I'm at it I just beat the Champ and was vaugely told to go to lilycove I believe to find a tunnel. So what do I do after I beat the champ?

Last edited:

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
I have a quick question.
what typing is Kingmadio? Because as I am typing I am fighting the champion and I have no moves that hit it so I'm just waiting for it to kill itself with struggle.
While I'm at it I just beat the Champ and was vaugely told to go to lilycove I believe to find a tunnel. So what do I do after I beat the champ?
Kingmadio is Dark/Ghost type with Wonder Guard. Therefore, he has no weaknesses. The only way to beat him is to poison/confuse/burn him, have him use Struggle or use Struggle yourself.

Raaxon

Years
Is this Master what-his-name guy the guy at the top of the Tower after you beat/capture Aerodactyl and the Deadly Seven on top of the Volcano? 'Cause I mean, I don't want to have to start my game again, but apparently I can't continue on once I've beaten him until the next update... I might have to spend my time trying to evolve Mysteryegg.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
Is this Master what-his-name guy the guy at the top of the Tower after you beat/capture Aerodactyl and the Deadly Seven on top of the Volcano? 'Cause I mean, I don't want to have to start my game again, but apparently I can't continue on once I've beaten him until the next update... I might have to spend my time trying to evolve Mysteryegg.

No, no. The only thing you need to do before the next update is evolve Mysteryegg. I've worked out a way around restarting entirely; you can fight Elder Longwei at the top of the Shakyamuni Tower whenever you like.

I have a quick question.

Kingmadio is designed to be annoying, and he succeeds. You will never hit him except with weather effects, with poison, with burn, with confusion, or with Struggle.

If you want your own Kingmadio, they're available on Mirage Island. Heh heh.

After you beat Champion Feng Lei, head back to Lilycove and enter the Lilycove Sewers, which used to be blocked by a pair of Swimmers, and now aren't.

Raaxon

Years
If you want your own Kingmadio, they're available on Mirage Island. Heh heh.
Huh? Did you change something, then? 'Cause I saw a Kingmadio in Madio Caves.

Seriously, something doesn't make sense... "Wow, you beat even my Celebi, pokemon of Time Travel itself... Here, have a scooter".

The sad part is, this is in true Nintendo style. "You beat a giant spider, even though you look like you're 12 and you have a tiny sword and a wooden shield! This is incredible! Here, have an emerald."

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutlerine

Years
Huh? Did you change something, then? 'Cause I saw a Kingmadio in Madio Caves.

Since Kingmadio is, if used correctly (i.e. by a human rather than the AI), virtually unbeatable, I am moving them to Mirage Island.

Seriously, something doesn't make sense... "Wow, you beat even my Celebi, pokemon of Time Travel itself... Here, have a scooter".

The sad part is, this is in true Nintendo style. "You beat a giant spider, even though you look like you're 12 and you have a tiny sword and a wooden shield! This is incredible! Here, have an emerald."

Exactly. It's a joke. The same goes for the Curséd Rod that you get on Route 118 - that's another Nintendo joke, this time a Zelda one, if I remember my games correctly.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
in the next update I planned on starting over the game,should I do that or keep going because of the mysteryegg situation

Ragnia

Hello
Years
ALright I am stuck for like the kagilianth time becuase I am very bad at figuring out where to go next in games that don't tell me where to go.
I just recieved the phone call from the mysterious caller in the sewers and it told me to go find an item in the shipwreck which I know is guarded by the wooper. So I'm wondering what to do. Did I not do the right thing in the sewers or what?

Cutlerine

Years
ALright I am stuck for like the kagilianth time becuase I am very bad at figuring out where to go next in games that don't tell me where to go.
I just recieved the phone call from the mysterious caller in the sewers and it told me to go find an item in the shipwreck which I know is guarded by the wooper. So I'm wondering what to do. Did I not do the right thing in the sewers or what?

The mysterious phone call is what is termed a 'side-quest'. Just continue with your exploration of the sewers; eventually you'll come to the Regurgitation Pumping Station (10 points for anyone who gets the reference) and there'll be a short and easy puzzle for you to solve.

EDIT: By the way, that is the most awesome spelling of 'kagilianth' I've ever seen. Makes it sound like a Pokémon... Hmm, I feel a strange urge to create some Fakemon...

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Alright this is just sad how much help I've been needing. But i need more.........
Alright so I was just saved from the necropolis and was told to go train with the gym leader of the pacifilog gym or something. So what do I do?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Alright this is just sad how much help I've been needing. But i need more.........
Alright so I was just saved from the necropolis and was told to go train with the gym leader of the pacifilog gym or something. So what do I do?
I think the game is over because I see no gym there XP

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
EDIT: By the way, that is the most awesome spelling of 'kagilianth' I've ever seen. Makes it sound like a Pokémon... Hmm, I feel a strange urge to create some Fakemon...

Sounds like Relicanth. aaaaaaaaaand it fits in the 10-char limit! :D

Anyway, this is probably the most, uh, interesting hack I've played in ages, to say the least. It's reminiscient of Identity (a compliment in and of itself) but with a hell of a lot more random and weird, which is definitely not a bad thing. I never thought that one of those crazy ideas like zombies attacking Hoenn generally associated with noob hackers would ever really come to life in a solid hacking presentation. I've got a little life as of yet to squeeze out of the game, but I can honestly say this is all I've done the past day and a half. Engagement? Check.

I also love all of the little extras you sneak in. Dead bodies, heads turned inside out and filled with salt? Zombies stapled to signs? Severed heads? Plus, the different ways you introduce things are awesome. I'm really glad that my tendency to check every nook and cranny helped me out in this hack. Man, I can't say enough. I'm excited to see what you've got left in store.

Cutlerine

Years
Sounds like Relicanth. aaaaaaaaaand it fits in the 10-char limit! :D

Anyway, this is probably the most, uh, interesting hack I've played in ages, to say the least. It's reminiscient of Identity (a compliment in and of itself) but with a hell of a lot more random and weird, which is definitely not a bad thing. I never thought that one of those crazy ideas like zombies attacking Hoenn generally associated with noob hackers would ever really come to life in a solid hacking presentation. I've got a little life as of yet to squeeze out of the game, but I can honestly say this is all I've done the past day and a half. Engagement? Check.

I also love all of the little extras you sneak in. Dead bodies, heads turned inside out and filled with salt? Zombies stapled to signs? Severed heads? Plus, the different ways you introduce things are awesome. I'm really glad that my tendency to check every nook and cranny helped me out in this hack. Man, I can't say enough. I'm excited to see what you've got left in store.

Thank you for your gracious compliments.

I like the extra bits too. And let's not forget that there are still several sidequest areas to be completed; I can never resist making hidden areas, secret places and unexpected twists. I only had a basic plan of how Snakewood's story would run when I first designed it - and that means that I have a lot of flexibility, so I can put in as many random things I like.

As for the way I bring in new things... While I like a more involved storyline than you usually get in a Pokémon game, I also like being left to discover things for myself, and I've tried to make Snakewood so that it combines the two approaches, making both necessary for game completion. And from your comments, I think I might just have succeeded. Thank you again - and especially for comparing Snakewood to Identity, which is my all-time favourite hack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
In the submarine (second time around) I caught the Ditto, but where can I find a PC to obtain it for the warp?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
^^ You'll find it in a big room, where you can buy pokeballs. It's next to the upper wall.

@Cutlerine
Well I just wanted to say how much i'm enjoying your hack! It's just... so... great! The story is amazing, not to mention how much I loled playing it! :D
The sprites you've made are also very well! But the story, and all the plots are just so amazing!
You've got one heck of an imagination, that's for sure!
Right now I've just arived at Lilicove, and continuing!
One thing is for sure, this hack IS gonna win HoTM soon, and I wouldn't exluse HoTY some day...
Once again, great job buddy! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
^^ Thank you very much, I had seen that room my first time around and completely forgot about that little hidden room. Cutlerine is a tricky fellow :P

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
That he sure is! Trust me you haven't seen anything yet! :P
Also, Cutlerine, is that second pokemon in your trainer card a Lairon evo by any chance? It looks pretty cool IMO!

Back