• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold Vs Silver Relesed!!!

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Eh? I downloaded th mci32.ocx put it in the system32 folder and it won't work. I even put it in the player folder.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2006
TheAbsol said:
Eh? I downloaded th mci32.ocx put it in the system32 folder and it won't work. I even put it in the player folder.
I think you have to put it in the system32 folder, then delete the old mci32.ocx file. It, unfortunatly is protected, so you have to be tricky. I moved the old one to My Documents, then added the new one to system32. If that doesn't work, make sure you called the new mci32.ocx "mci32.ocx".

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
i know every one cant play their games till i finnish this update should be up by tonight (my time gmt +8)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Gold Vs Silver 1.3.0 Pre Beta Relese

Bugs may still exist quite a few i predict thats why i need all you to tell me about these bugs as they happen so i can remove them

Latest Updates
-6 Layers, you asked i listend
-New Encryption Routine (safe guards your scripts)
-The .dll files are now included installed and registerd for you
-The screen rendering routines have been optimized for faster smoother drawing
-A new Demonstration map function if i make demonstration maps the a few words will apear on the screen just so people dont take the demo maps and claim them as their own
-All the bugs you told me are fixed
-The tutorial has been updated a little

Guys please rember before you save your scripts Encrypt them...
Encrypt > Save
or else your GamMov will just not work lol

Download
http://www.wasp.net.au/~raz/Setup.zip 2053 kb

Please give back feedback it is a very imporant thing thanks in advance

-Ryan

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Latest Updates
-6 Layers, you asked i listend
-New Encryption Routine (safe guards your scripts)
-The .dll files are now included installed and registerd for you
-The screen rendering routines have been optimized for faster smoother drawing
-A new Demonstration map function if i make demonstration maps the a few words will apear on the screen just so people dont take the demo maps and claim them as their own
-All the bugs you told me are fixed
-The tutorial has been updated a little

- 6 Layers yay \o/
- Encryption sounds good because I don't want to steal my movies and claim them as being their own :P
- dlls will help a lot of people who don't have much experience with them :)
- sweet, the smoother the better XD
- I didn't quite get this one but I'll probably notice it when I download the program in like 2 minutes :D
- DarkDragon the bug catcher o_o (tha's me)
- Tutorials R0k :)

OK, now that I made my comments I shall try the program and find more bugs in case they appear to be there ;)

--EDIT1--
From Layer 3 to 6, whenever you select a tile, when u actually try to put that tile in the map, some other tile appears :\

-This is actually a request, but in a future version could we be able to click with the right mouse button on a tile that is in the actual map and the program selects that tile as the current one?
oh, and a grid would be useful too :P

I'll keep you up with anything else I find out :)

--EDIT2--
OK, I kinda cracked the encryption thingy o_o

I encrypted and selected Finalize Script and saved the file.

Then I tried to play it, and the image of Hiro would appear on the map, but nothing would happen, so I realise: sh** there must be smth wrong with the code o_O
not being able to reedit the script I opened the GSP file with notepad and I got this really nice thing:

encode.png

after that I copied that code to the script editor and tried to decrypt, it said smth about error and smth about 5, can't really remember, so I deleted the first 5 characters in the code (which were the 5 "weird" ones before the upper case letters) and I got this:

encodeminusbeginning.png

after that I tried to decode again and guess what?

continues.png

thanks to that I am going to be able to correct whatever errors I had made.

I suggest you improve the encrypt thing somehow so that what I did is not possible but at the same time I would suggest a option in the script editor that lets us test the maps before we save them forever or smth like that :)

--EDIT3--

I just realised I should have only removed the first 4, when removing the first 5 the T at the end of the script will not appear where it says ENDSCRIPT, instead you will only get ENDSCRIP, so just remove the first 4 (the space counts as a character btw :) ) and you will get the full script back o_o

oh, and btw I just realised that if you actually typed a script up and then you accidentally select File -> Open and then you cancel, it is gonna say "Cannot open this file" and if you press OK it will delete all your script text, I think it tries to open some blank file that doesn't exist or smth like that when you press cancel and that's why it replaces the current script with nothing o_o

--EDIT4--

Your Ash Abduction GaMov, when I try to play it it says error encryption 5 smth like that (just like when I tried to decode the stuff that I got from my main file at first), although this time it gives the error in the player because it can't open the GaMov, so I tried to crack that one and see the code but strangelly enough it gives me more encrypted code when I decrypt it and that, I suspect, is why the player can't open it (smth wrong happened in the encryption process)

and I just realised that those first 4 characters might be there to tell the program that the script is finallized :P

Last edited:

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Lol darkdragon ur a smart a$$ :D lol cracking the encryption lol

Ok Ash Abduction wont work now cuz i was using a new encryption routine it was encrypted with the first one.

Edit 1
- i am working onfixing that now lol

Edit2
- im going to do something about that XD

Edit 3
- Fixed

Edit 4
- Ash Abduction is outdated now and willnot work being that it is verion 1.0 and the new encryption n stuff stops it

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I looked in here and it really doesn't say what this is.. is this a game, a game maker, something from rm2k3... what.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Ok guys ive notices many errors with Gold Vs Silver and so have you lol
I hope youve all had a lovly taste of GvS and liked it due to its poplularity i amnot giving up on it but i am going to start coding on gvs_V2 till then im gone :) i will post a new topic called Gold Vs Silver V2 Relesed when the time comes :) (oh yes i did have planns to do this :P)

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
lol, I still can't view other ppls movies and put mine to work, but maybe it's cause of the huge ammount of dlls I put on each folder, a reinstall might solve it, good luck with version 2 :)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Yes i know about these problems you are having :P and yes i know why they are happening :P thats why version 2 is coming out :P if you want to see version 2 screenshots look below :P

Here are the functions in V2 allredy implemented
-MDI Interface this just means multiple document interface allowing us to run an unlimeted number of Mapeditors in 1 window this lets us map put maps next to each other etc (lets u work on more than 1 map at a time)
-New script just a little more indepth than the old system
-6 Working layers :P
-Ability to Show and Hide MapEditor windows to make room
-A new Status Window
-The new global tileset feature
-A new way of Saving Files Which im sure Even Dark Dragon wont be able to crack XD because the changing of 1 byte in this file will corrupt it ^^

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
lol, thats good. my point with cracking it was exactly that :D so that u could make smth more secure, after all isn't that what people have been doing with windows? lol
can't wait :D

Back