• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Gold and Silver were the first games to use an internal clock, and this was kept synchronised (i.e. so it would be at the correct time when you next played) by the internal battery in the game cartridge. In the time since Gold and Silver's release the internal batteries were drained completely; they lasted around seven years, if I remember correctly. The internal battery was also used to save the game to memory, and thus, because it was completely spent, the vast majority of Gold and Silver games are unsavable. This only happens if you have a save file on the cartridge, though; my Silver version hasn't had a save file on it for years, so it still works, as far as I know. 8D

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
I had the same problem with my game about two years ago and brought it to a game shop. They told me that the battery was completely drained and couldn't be fixed at all. I suggest if you still want to play the game, download a ROM because your Gold game is pretty much broken now.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
Years
Rattata/Raticate
Clefairy/Clefable
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Meowth/Persian
Lickitung
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Ditto
Eevee
Porygon
Snorlax

I think that's everyone.:mudkip^_^:

레트로

Banned
Years
I had the same problem with my game about two years ago and brought it to a game shop. They told me that the battery was completely drained and couldn't be fixed at all. I suggest if you still want to play the game, download a ROM because your Gold game is pretty much broken now.

Actually, it can be fixed. I made a guide somewhere.. I'll post it if I can find it, but for now here's another guide.. How to fix a pokemon G/S/C cartridge: the guide.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pokemon Crystal Glass: In the japanese version of Pokemon Crystal how do I go about getting the GS Ball? I don't need to really connect to a cell phone do I? Cause I'm playing it on a Rom.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Where and how can I exactly catch Sneasel? And how long is it going to take?

I have been searchig like forever!

My game is crystal BTW.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
Years
Pokemon Crystal Glass: In the japanese version of Pokemon Crystal how do I go about getting the GS Ball? I don't need to really connect to a cell phone do I? Cause I'm playing it on a Rom.

From Bulbapedia:
In Pokémon Crystal

In the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal, players could use the Pokemon Mobile System to obtain a GS Ball as an event item which they could take to Ilex Forrest. Using it at the forest's shrine would prompt an encounter where a wild Celebi could be captured. However, no equivalent event was ever offered to players of the English version of the game. Some game-enhancing devices, however, such as the GameShark, can be used to generate the GS Ball right in the player's bag in both languages.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news D:, unless there is a GameShark for Roms....lol

Years
okay, this is my question, and it may ,make me sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it anyway. on pkmn red, i'm having trouble catching zapdos. People have said you need to throw ultra balls or else it will miss. i am throwing ultra balls, and it still misses! people have also said you need to throw ultra balls and get it's health down low with a status condition. i did that with toxic right down to where it had one hp left! and the ultra balls still missed! and some people said that you need to catch it with a master ball, but when my sister was on her pokemon blue, she didn't use a master bal to catch it! help!
You could try the Missingno. trick to clone your Master Balls then catch it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
So... I'm a bit confused. My friend was looking at my Pokemon on my Silver version, when he noticed a little dot in my Feraligatr's, Espeon's, Ampharos' and Magmar's status page, at the end of the HP bar. I think I may have an idea of what it may be, but I'm not sure. Anyone happen to actually know what it means; I can't find the answer anywhere. XD;

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
A black dot on the status screen means that the Pokémon has been exposed to Pokérus.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
In pokemon yellow,are there any male officers or have they all been replaced by jenny?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
The officer in Cerulean was replaced by Jenny, and another Jenny was added to Vermilion City. I believe all other guards retain their old sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2009
Is something supposed to happen when you catch all 250, cause nothing happened for me? is there someone i should go talk to?

Years
You go talk to the game director in Celadon Mansion's 3rd floor. He will give you a diploma and that's pretty much it.
Diploma-crystal.png

cknarf

4211 2353 6370
Years
I bought a transfer pak, so I could use my pokemon on Stadium 2. My friend's gold reads just fine, but my crystal doesn't read. Would this have anything to do with the internal battery change I just did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back