• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
The game is good, the idea of Battle Road, the Lighthouse, Lava Cake, Silverton slums and sewers, the Inn with an Azure Horizons/ Kanye West reference, cliffhanger with Lilah using Earthquake is very interesting. The only problem I have is the wild Pokemon in the sewer, I need more Repels!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Ok, I've made a note of all the problems you guys mentioned.

I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the demo and I want to make sure that there aren't any problems that would cause the player to get stuck.
I'm mostly referring to the bridge scripts in the sewers and whether whiting out would cause the player to get stuck.

So, please let me know if anything like that happens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I can't believe how awesome this demo was. I can't wait to see the project come to fruition. This is what I've always wanted in a Pokemon game: a gritty storyline.

The storytelling is flawless by the way. I only saw one spelling error, though I can't remember when. (I DO know that "were" was misspelled "where".)

Bravo!

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okay, this hack is seriously well though out. And wow, a year's work! you must be really proud of this hack!

So, I made a test, so far I'm fighting the pixie guardian. Now, just telling you about two things I've noticed:
Spoiler:

Good luck with it! You're my 2nd favourite hack in preference right now, after Sienna, so I may not have voted for you on Hotm, but you definately got my vote on Hack of the Week! (and people should actually start voting as well, one day left until next week's nomination).

XxAzaliaxX

n00b hack trainer
Years
:D

Hello! I'm very knew to hacks and yours was the first I tried. It was amazing!!! :D I can't wait to see what else happens.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has been addressed, but the next hack you make, will we have to start from the beginning? D: I have some really awesome pokemon.

I'm also going to reply the game so I can see if they're any problems :D Unfortunately I can't play it on mah PSP

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I would like to thank everybody for their feedback.

About having to start over in the next demo, I'll make it so you don't have to start from scratch but if you do, there will be plenty of revised maps, dialogue, and scripts along with additional side-quests including one in the sewers that I had planned but didn't manage to finish.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm too impatient to wait a year for the next release:P
I'm really excited to find out what happens after the player "dies"!
did you have to end the demo there?!:disappoin

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Definitely :)

After all, that was the best way I could think of to end the demo.
End it with something suspenseful in the mini-chapter, otherwise it would just end with the player walking out of the warehouse, and nobody wants a boring ending like that.

Anyways, I've been doing some spriting and, needless to say, the result didn't turn out the way I would have liked.
SpriteSheet.png

It looks okay here but when animated the sprites look stiff and flat. I don't know what the problem is.

IdFrontM.jpg

I had a lot of color related problems with male Id so the final result just ended up with horrible colors.

IdFrontF.jpg

Female Id's pose is a little awkward. Also, how can I make her look more feminine.

If someone with spriting experience would give me advice on how I can improve these, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
Hmm. Maybe you could give the female Id longer hair to make her look more feminine?
I will say that I like the way you did both of their jackets.

One question, is that thing on their heads a helmet or something else?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Ive played through the hack and I have to say it seems this hack is getting alot of hype. This kind of hack doesnt really fit in the pokemon genre. The hack would probably work out better as a completely different genre of game. Because right now it doesn't really seem to focus much on Pokemon. It has good scripts nonetheless. Though the mapping could use some major work. A Nintendo styled map would probably work out the best. The lack of new sprites or graphics really irritate me, since it sounds like this hack would need a lot of new graphics and your just using the default fr tiles (which are nice don't get me wrong) but the hack just needs some new sprites. Anyways Here's a list I recommend you improve on the game.

• Focus the game more on Pokemon.
  • Work on maps (Nintendo mapping style preferably)
  • Get some new sprites
Anyways its a better then average hack but not enough to keep me entertained.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Ive played through the hack and I have to say it seems this hack is getting alot of hype. This kind of hack doesnt really fit in the pokemon genre. The hack would probably work out better as a completely different genre of game. Because right now it doesn't really seem to focus much on Pokemon. It has good scripts nonetheless. Though the mapping could use some major work. A Nintendo styled map would probably work out the best. The lack of new sprites or graphics really irritate me, since it sounds like this hack would need a lot of new graphics and your just using the default fr tiles (which are nice don't get me wrong) but the hack just needs some new sprites. Anyways Here's a list I recommend you improve on the game.

• Focus the game more on Pokemon.
  • Work on maps (Nintendo mapping style preferably)
  • Get some new sprites
Anyways its a better then average hack but not enough to keep me entertained.
Ignore this. The maps are fine man. max likes ugly maps just like his face

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I admit that the game doesn't focus too much on Pokémon but the connection is there (one scene mentions that the protagonist is able to talk to a certain kind of Pokémon which becomes a significant fact later in the story) and I might as well say this now since the titlescreen won't be completed for some time. The cover Pokémon will be the Unown.

Also, the plot is already written down and checked thoroughly for consistency so forcing any inclusion would just make it feel out of place.

I'm mapping with the mindset of creating areas of the Pokémon world that are less traversed. I know that doesn't make any sense but I'm more or less experiementing for the time being.

What I plan hope to do is find a style (and not just mapping either) different from Nintendo that also works. After all, its easy to mimic Nintendo's formula because, well, it works but we've seen that already. I'm doing my best to mix up the standard formula so the player's experiences with this hack are different than the regular Pokémon game.

I didn't plan on changing the graphics but the sewers, at the very least, needs a custom tileset.

All main characters will receive new sprites, in fact, you can check out the drafts of the protagonist's sprite a couple posts up and yea, they are wearing helmets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Where does the demo end at because the guard wont let me in to silverstone? Also i found a grass area in the Ancient Grove past the Timeless Grove that you just cant walk on but its not major or a big deal just wanted to point that out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
i just finished demo 1 of this pokemon game and it is my favorite game of all time now!
i love this game dude, the story is awesome and better than all the pokemon games i've ever played
keep up the amazing work! ur so awesome for coming up with this = D

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Where does the demo end at because the guard wont let me in to silverstone? Also i found a grass area in the Ancient Grove past the Timeless Grove that you just cant walk on but its not major or a big deal just wanted to point that out.
No...
The Demo ends After you "Die"...

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years

There's a path between two houses near the first guard (The path's behind a small blue-roofed one I think)

Anyways, nice work on this. Normally, I get bored of 3rd gen hacks pretty quickly, but this has me hooked.

slashedsickness

I'm a master-debator!
Years
I like your style. The point of these hacks is something original, so you rock!!!

I admit that the game doesn't focus too much on Pokémon but the connection is there (one scene mentions that the protagonist is able to talk to a certain kind of Pokémon which becomes a significant fact later in the story) and I might as well say this now since the titlescreen won't be completed for some time. The cover Pokémon will be the Unown.

Also, the plot is already written down and checked thoroughly for consistency so forcing any inclusion would just make it feel out of place.

I'm mapping with the mindset of creating areas of the Pokémon world that are less traversed. I know that doesn't make any sense but I'm more or less experiementing for the time being.

What I plan hope to do is find a style (and not just mapping either) different from Nintendo that also works. After all, its easy to mimic Nintendo's formula because, well, it works but we've seen that already. I'm doing my best to mix up the standard formula so the player's experiences with this hack are different than the regular Pokémon game.

I didn't plan on changing the graphics but the sewers, at the very least, needs a custom tileset.

All main characters will receive new sprites, in fact, you can check out the drafts of the protagonist's sprite a couple posts up and yea, they are wearing helmets.

You should stick with what you're doing! I have not actually played it yet because I always read every post before downloading and testing. I didn't want you to get too bummed out by that loser that likes the same old pokemon game with a few new graphic changes. I am a pokemon fan, but seriously not much has ever changed about the games. I would LOVE to see a full-featured game like what you are doing! I would help out but I am a spriting noob and a programming illiterate. I am a fan though! If you could add a lot to it I would donate every cent of my PayPal account to you! Your pokemon game seems a lot better than anything else I've seen.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Finally got round to finishing the demo. Love those references in there (Especially Chester. A. Bum).
The interactions and characters are awesome too. Especially Lilah and her remark for when you try and get past a homeless person blocking the path...

Back