• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
Name: Ober
Partner Pokemon: Venomoth
Reason for Joining: Dude, dude. Mostly because of gaming. Since I've started doing challenges long time ago poison pokemons were always, good. I really like to always have one. If I remember correctly, now I have Venomoth third time in challenges, if I add not-challenge related saves...erm, much more, indeed! Also, there is a lot of part-poison Pokemons, which means lots of great combinations, and also variety of attacks...damnyo! And hey, hey - most of them are just like, awesome. And dude, dude, hey dude, madman, there is nothing more to say. Yay.

And also, let me le answer this:

New topic: 'What do all Poison Pokemon have in common?'

This feeling like, overwhelming power, wrath and pure fear, something like, "Hey, hey, I am deciding about your life now, dude. I can for example use Toxic and make you suffer unimaginable pain and you will be dead three times in a row, fwahahaha! Or hey, hey, I can just annihilate your face with my psychic powers or, or maybe crush you with le Solarbeam, and even much more and whatchagonnado now huh?!" Dunno but it's just...fun :D

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Welcome to the club Ober! You're doing that Poison monotype in Gen 1 right? Your updates are pretty amazing!

As for the topic, they're poisonous... I bet there are a lot of similarities between all the poison types, but I can't think of any right now. Brain fart...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome new members! :) Also the trivia was answered, the answer was 8!

This feeling like, overwhelming power, wrath and pure fear, something like, "Hey, hey, I am deciding about your life now, dude. I can for example use Toxic and make you suffer unimaginable pain and you will be dead three times in a row, fwahahaha!

... My gosh this is brilliant. x] Such passion B)

As for what all Poison types have in common... I think I'd have to say it's the fearsome stature they can easily take on :3 Poison types have no trouble looking scary in my opinion. Especially based on what Ober said!

New topic: 'Which is your favourite Poison type family?'

Mine is Grimer and Muk! <3 They're sooo cool. Grimer is adorable and looks amazing, whereas Muk is an unstoppable brute that powers through enemies easily! Although I also love Gulpin/Swalot, Trubbish/Garbodor and Foongus/Amoonguss for the exact same reasons. :3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Mine is Grimer and Muk! <3 They're sooo cool. Grimer is adorable and looks amazing, whereas Muk is an unstoppable brute that powers through enemies easily! Although I also love Gulpin/Swalot, Trubbish/Garbodor and Foongus/Amoonguss for the exact same reasons. :3
How did I know you were going to choose the Grimer/Muk family haha

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur are a definite win. I LOVE Dinosaurs with a passion, and these guys are Dinosaurs. Plus, for the same reason, I'd like to use Venusaur as a Horse, ride on the back of it and use Sludge Bomb for those who is in the way of our traveling ;)

'If you aint movin', you're getting sick!'

haha

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
My favorite has got to be the Budew, Roselia, Roserade family. They're roses and that just makes it for sure for me. Gulpin/Swalot are a close second. It's just their blobiness.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016

I have to say Roselia's family because of them leafness. All of them are like wrapped on the leaf. They are gorgeous and beatiful at same time. Then comes Bulbasaur's family but that's the different story to tell.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Ober
Partner Pokemon: Venomoth
Reason for Joining: Dude, dude. Mostly because of gaming. Since I've started doing challenges long time ago poison pokemons were always, good. I really like to always have one. If I remember correctly, now I have Venomoth third time in challenges, if I add not-challenge related saves...erm, much more, indeed! Also, there is a lot of part-poison Pokemons, which means lots of great combinations, and also variety of attacks...damnyo! And hey, hey - most of them are just like, awesome. And dude, dude, hey dude, madman, there is nothing more to say. Yay.

And also, let me le answer this:
This feeling like, overwhelming power, wrath and pure fear, something like, "Hey, hey, I am deciding about your life now, dude. I can for example use Toxic and make you suffer unimaginable pain and you will be dead three times in a row, fwahahaha! Or hey, hey, I can just annihilate your face with my psychic powers or, or maybe crush you with le Solarbeam, and even much more and whatchagonnado now huh?!" Dunno but it's just...fun :D
welcome to the club,Ober!!

What do all Poison Pokemon have in common?'
Poison-type Pokémon have some toxic quality about them.
To me all Poison-type Pokemon have that look where they have something up their sleeve. Sly, sneaky and unexpecting.
Agreed

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
My favorite poison type family? I think it's obbvious. But Ekans and Arbok. They were my favorite poisons from the start, and I love them. They have an awesome look, and they are snakes what more could you want. :D

Besides, if I saw a purple cobra, I'd take it home with me. It would be my friend. ^o^

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
My favorite poison type family? I think it's obbvious. But Ekans and Arbok. They were my favorite poisons from the start, and I love them. They have an awesome look, and they are snakes what more could you want. :D

Besides, if I saw a purple cobra, I'd take it home with me. It would be my friend. ^o^
I don't think I can add to this. Ekans and Arbok for ever. But I do like Zubat familly, Koffing familly, Bulbasaur familly, Gastly familly, bellsprout familly, Budew familly..... I could go on for a while.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Seems the flowery Roselia family is getting a lot of love x] Although at times I even wonder if they should be Poison type... Sure every rose has its thorn, but those thorns aren't usually covered in poison! inb4 poisonous roses I think that there are other Pokemon which should be Poison type in their place...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Isn't it obvious?

No it isn't.

Zubat family is my favorite. I know many trainers find them annoying (and yes, I have seen quite many posts regarding Zubat's abundance in caves and such) but pity on the lil' guy will ya? He's blind. :) anyway, I like it simple because of their pure badassness. And when it evolves to four-winged crobat. OSOM.

Gastly line comes up next, simple because of Gengar's pure malice. (and coolness)

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
Isn't it obvious?

No it isn't.

Zubat family is my favorite. I know many trainers find them annoying (and yes, I have seen quite many posts regarding Zubat's abundance in caves and such) but pity on the lil' guy will ya? He's blind. :) anyway, I like it simple because of their pure badassness. And when it evolves to four-winged crobat. OSOM.

Gastly line comes up next, simple because of Gengar's pure malice. (and coolness)

I actually think Zubat gets a bad rap. It's awesome looking. And, it's Crobat evolution is to be feared...and looks much cooler than... Golbat... I've never really liked Golbat.... Golbat should never go to a frat party.

OH MY GOD! THATS WHY BROCK HAD A ZUBAT!!! THEY HAD MATCHING EYES!!! I'M A GENIUS! I FIGURED OUT THE DAVINCHI CODE!
*is shot*

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Me too, I still to this day rage quit my games when a thousand zubats decided to make me encounter them. xD; but I do have to admit, if you catch one and get past the excrutiatingly painful griding of leech life and posion sting...its worth it!

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Me too, I still to this day rage quit my games when a thousand zubats decided to make me encounter them. xD; but I do have to admit, if you catch one and get past the excrutiatingly painful griding of leech life and posion sting...its worth it!
lol I used to be like that until 5th gen brought Woobat :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
lol I used to be like that until 5th gen brought Woobat :D

Ughh Woobat... Such a bad way to ruin a great Poison type family ;;

New topic: 'Which Poison type Pokemon's shiny colours do you like least?'

Personally, I'd go with Bulbasaur.

Spr_5b_001_s.png

It just looks like it's unripe to me :( It looks unhealthy and wrong D:

Years
Garbodor has very interesting Shiny colors even though it happens to be my least fave Pokemon.

569.gif

Scolipede also has nice Shiny colors.

545.gif

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Uhmmm... Hikari, I think the topic is your least liked.

well, I would agree with Toxicroak.

454.png

Look at that. it's [retty lame.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Uhmmm... Hikari, I think the topic is your least liked.

well, I would agree with Toxicroak.

454.png

Look at that. it's [retty lame.
I just went through every Shiny Sprite of every Poison Pokemon. I liked every single one of them, but the worst and one they needed to do better was, also, Toxicroak here. Shoulda made it Red or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back