• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've seen those around before, actually. Depending on the game you choose, you could end up with some interesting stuff. Though ditching the starter sounds sucky, haha. But yeah, I'd approve that if it went through, since we've had them before (or at least really similar stuff).

Oh, and new Nuzlocke thread because since it was really cluttered and people needed to understand the things about the variants and that they can add their own rules if they want. That way, it'll help prevent all those threads from being submitted. Hopefully, anyway. Plus, Aaron was behind on the updates for Nuzlocke, so I thought it was due for a fresh start with all that in mind. If you or anyone else feel like your threads are too old, then you're free to get a fresh start as well. I'd figure with all the Nuzlocke variant craziness we had last year though, it'd be a good idea.

Also, Aaron came up with a good way to help prevent clutter even further by requiring an update when people sign up. I don't think every challenge should have that, but with one like Nuzlocke (or anything really popular like Monotype or something), I think it really helps.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I edited my post, silly. :P Unless you're referring to something else I might have missed.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well I posted that before you edited your post from the look of it, silly. :P

Maybe with the new Gen 6 standard it should be time for a new thread for Monotype.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If that's what you want, then go ahead! I just don't want people with threads made last year thinking it's time for them to make a new one, haha. That definitely won't be how it works.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think I'll give everyone til the end of the month to wrap up any Gen 5 standard Ultimate Challenges, then start a new thread that will enforce X and Y as a requirement for Ultimate qualification. A fresh start. And I can say that the thread is really my own, since the previous one was taken over by me from someone else who started it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I think I'll give everyone til the end of the month to wrap up any Gen 5 standard Ultimate Challenges, then start a new thread that will enforce X and Y as a requirement for Ultimate qualification. A fresh start. And I can say that the thread is really my own, since the previous one was taken over by me from someone else who started it.

Their username was Illuminaughty by the way, and they didn't even create the original thread on this forum. It was Alakazam17 I think (right? Is that how you say it? Or am I mentioning the wrong person entirely?) but that was like 2011, maybe even 2010 I think. I don't see why this information is useful, just thought I'd throw that into the conversation.

Now for the real reason I'm here. Has anyone ever tried a challenge where you only use Pokemon introduced in the Generation of the game you're playing? I'm doing it on Y right now; it's really fun.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
There's actually been several threads over the year, and yes it was Illuminaughty who made it then left a week later. Each thread I've seen has had different rules and they have never been the same. But this is an old as the game concept so rules are very much in the air.

I don't really call that a challenge, it's pretty much how I always try to play, even with my Monotypes. Keeps me from reusing stuff too much.

Years
So, one point I want to bring up is this: since Necrum will be making his Monotype thread only require Ghetsis for BW once it's remade, I'm curious as to if any other challenges that require Alder for completion might do the same or not. Red in Johto I guess is required because it's like completing another league in a sense, but as for requiring Alder, I mostly just saw that as padding to make it longer. I never thought it was necessary, namely because I'm sure at LEAST 8 out of 10 people will tell you (N and) Ghetsis are much much much harder than Alder, and the latter is basically just to give you more to do. What do you guys think?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I've always hated the Alder requirement. There just isn't enough post game content to justify it in my opinion. But I doubt it will change simply because I changed mine, though. Everyone is free to set their own rules.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I've always hated the Alder requirement. There just isn't enough post game content to justify it in my opinion. But I doubt it will change simply because I changed mine, though. Everyone is free to set their own rules.

Yeah, and isn't N technically a Champion? I mean, he DID defeat Alder.

Years
My idea is to mimic Ash from the anime.
Basically, you get four pokemon that are all limited by how they were used in the Anime.
Picachu- Can't evolve.
Squirtle- Can't evolve.
Bulbasaur- Can't evolve.
Charmander- after evolving to Charmeleon and Charzard must use a random number generator of 1-4 to determine which of its four moves will be used.

Of course you would have to trade these pokemon into the game of your choice or hack them in.

If you wanted to go even farther you could limit each pokemon to the moves used in the shows.

For example, Bulbasaur would be able to use
-Tackle
-vine whip
-razor leaf
-leech seed
-solar beam
-sleep powder
-take down
-dig

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
My idea is to mimic Ash from the anime.
Basically, you get four pokemon that are all limited by how they were used in the Anime.
Picachu- Can't evolve.
Squirtle- Can't evolve.
Bulbasaur- Can't evolve.
Charmander- after evolving to Charmeleon and Charzard must use a random number generator of 1-4 to determine which of its four moves will be used.

Of course you would have to trade these pokemon into the game of your choice or hack them in.

If you wanted to go even farther you could limit each pokemon to the moves used in the shows.

For example, Bulbasaur would be able to use
-Tackle
-vine whip
-razor leaf
-leech seed
-solar beam
-sleep powder
-take down
-dig
I'm pretty sure we have a challenge that covers that. Some Character challenge should make that doable.

Yeah, and isn't N technically a Champion? I mean, he DID defeat Alder.
Yeah, that's always been a point I use in arguing for Ghetsis being the end.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I get wishy washy with BW. Some of my challenges have it set to Alder, some say Ghetsis, though I think most are the latter.

So how long till we're allowed to gain ownership of a challenge if the owner hasn't been active for a while?

I should probably add a set time in the rules so that everyone knows. Um...I guess three months of inactivity is good? Gotta be considerate of tech issues or losing a laptop, and real life drama. So yeah. Which challenge you looking at?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I noticed the TCG Challenge is gone. Sad day. Also did some of the old threads get archived or something? I can't seem to find any dead challenges in the search.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I noticed the TCG Challenge is gone. Sad day. Also did some of the old threads get archived or something? I can't seem to find any dead challenges in the search.

I know. :( I guess no one liked the concept. I may bring it back another time. And yeah, I think they auto archive after two months. You can just change the forum to show threads from up to 5 months ago, or something like that. There's a drop down menu to change that at the bottom of the forum when you're viewing it, so check that out. Or just go to your statistics and choose "show all threads." For your own, anyway. lol

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Was looking at the Pokemon Universe challenge since someone just recently asked a question to the OP, but I don't he'll be getting an answer anytime soon x)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If it's something you can answer for him, you're more than welcome to. I mean, I know I miss a lot of questions in my challenges. XD Luckily, there are others that usually answer them...because it's in the rules and people seems to miss those sometimes. lol

Tek

Years
Gonna post this idea here to see if anybody's up for it.

I have an idea, called the "First Come, First Serve" Challenge. Basically, you can only catch the first six wild Pokemon you find, excluding repeats and your starter(which you must release). If you fail to catch a wild Pokemon(that isn't a repeat) or run away from it, your team maximum will drop down one. If you end up having only one Pokemon, you have to go solo with it.

Sound good? I would join it, but I'm kinda busy with X/Y.

That would be a tough challenge for sure. But I do agree with Necrum that everyone would pretty well have the same team for a given game, so perhaps there should be some additional rules or variations to spice things up? Perhaps after earning a badge, you could choose to box/release a pokemon and replace it with a new one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back